Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor Questions

St24rsap

hi all

i have recently purchased a 2006 compressor and have been reading up on them to try and learn as much as i can about the cars. I see one of the common problems is the exhaust on them, well that got me thinking about the one on mine which appears to be a full stainless system not the original (i did wonder why it was very loud :wacko: ).

Also had a quick look at the shocks and springs, they are eibech shocks with bright red springs, is this standard? I believe it is but was hopeing someone could clarify.

Also the cars last ownder was in Bristol, just wondering if he might have been a member on here as i would love to know if the supercharger oil has ever been replaced.

Any help much apreciated

yeah eibch pro as standard, as for exhaust it's a good thing who ever owned it before you changed it, I had no end of trouble with the standard one. got a custom made. anything elce I can help with?

cheers for the response, its good to know i shouldnt have to worry about the exhaust then.

The documents i have for the car show shocks being replaced in the past so need to check whats on the front, its definately eibch's on the rear.

i think all else is good. need to check the charger oil level tonight, and have some on order in case. Im guessing if the shocks and exhaust have been done its been looked after, so fingers crossed the sc oil has been done as well

id say so, my front shocks had been changed when I got mine. toyota picked it up on the pre sales safty check. when you thinking of ordering oil? for the amount you have to buy to the amount you need is backward. I'm looking at buying some soon as I bet others too

uk.kluber.com are selling 1ltr for about £80 delivered, i think from what i have read you need around 750ml for a complete change of the sc oil

from somerset, down south west direction

not many, id say a hanful of t sports in taunton I say handful loosely - is yours silver? I looked at one in bristol before going to grantham to buy mine. I've never seen another compressor down my way and I do a lot of miles a week around southwest working..

Mines a grey one, first one I have seen around here.

Just checked the sc oil, good job I did as not much oil in it. Should have a delivery of oil Friday so will change it the weekend and drive very carefully till then

St24rsap it's about 150ml in the charger mate, you have the instructions I guess?

must have miss read that then.

yeah have instructions. Checked it last night, took about 40 mins to remove everything, check the oil and then put it all back together. The bottom middle bolt on the compressor inlet housing was fun to get too :ffs:

Haha get used to it I check mine every 6 months when I do oil change or service but hasn't lost a drop in a year always nice to be sure though

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links