Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rusted Wheel Nuts

cmclean

I have a 58 plate Auris SR, 26,000 miles on the clock. I noticed that the chrome nuts were slowly getting more and more rusted to the point that the chrome was flaking off.

Took it into the dealer and initially it was "It a cosmetic thing that Toyota won't cover" but after having a look, no problem we'll order up a new set.

Had a look at the new Auris at the same time and decided to see what the score was in cahnging to a new car.

We were offered a new SR, 3 yrs servicing, a 3 year supplimentary insurance that would cover the full replacement cost in the event of a write off and 6250 in part exchange for the old car.

In total with Toyotas 2 year finance, which I didn't want or need, the new car would have cost just over 17,000. Not terribly impressed with the trade in value, and realistically, 11,000 pounds to go from a 3 year old car to a new one which doesn't really look any better, in fact I think the older one looks nicer. O

Oh well, just need to save up for the Lexus.

Hi firstly the wheel nut rust is due to poor tratment of the base metal used for the nuts and corrodes thro to the chrome, Toyota IMO should change if under 5yrs.

Seondly agree with your trade in value complaint for your car, if in good condition with the mileage you have that will be on the Toyota forcourt for at least £8500-£9000, I decided to never buy new again but you still come up against the resale value issue.

Rgards

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Had all my wheel nuts changed on its first service for the same thing, RUST.

Car is in for its second service 21/10/2011 ( car has done 17000 miles) and is having two new alloys as they also have rust blemishes on them. They have refused to change all four but I WILL be getting the other two changed before the warrant runs out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links