Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My '00 Facelift Corolla Sr Vvti

Steven252

actually go with white wheels lol

looks real good

do the spacers make much difference appearence wise?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

• EXS

Top Posters In This Topic

actually go with white wheels lol

looks real good

do the spacers make much difference appearence wise?

Yeah that photoshop looks really good :)

You wouldnt think it being only 5mm but they have made a massive difference! The front tyres looked the 195 size they were but the rears looked like a 155 in comparison as they were sat so far in the arch. Its brought them out perfect so they both match :)

actually go with white wheels lol looks real good do the spacers make much difference appearence wise?
Yeah that photoshop looks really good :) You wouldnt think it being only 5mm but they have made a massive difference! The front tyres looked the 195 size they were but the rears looked like a 155 in comparison as they were sat so far in the arch. Its brought them out perfect so they both match :)

thanks mate....looks like i will invest into these and hopefully should make a difference like it did on yours :D

right this obviously sounds stupid but how do you fit the spacers on? like do they just go inbetween the rear disc and alloy wheels?

sorry guys

right this obviously sounds stupid but how do you fit the spacers on? like do they just go inbetween the rear disc and alloy wheels?

sorry guys

They go between the wheel and the hub ;)

Hi Steve, Welcome most in TOC, Nice car all around, Hope you will have a great time here.

I like the look of the white wheels, it seems to work well with the red'ness of the car.. But for some strange reason I get this feeling they will be a sod to keep clean :)

I like the look of the white wheels, it seems to work well with the red'ness of the car.. But for some strange reason I get this feeling they will be a sod to keep clean :)

I have no idea whats given you that idea :rolleyes:

Theres been progress with the front bumper.... Pictures to follow soon :)

Been at my custom front bumper - even though im enjoying making it, i should have just fitted the splitter as it was intended :rolleyes: atleast itll look alot better up close this way rather than havin it simply bolted on.

Ive cut the bumper so theres no overlap and left the original mounting brackets in place and fibreglassed the lot in. Im about half way through. Its amazing how much cutting ive had to do to get it to sit right - the end plates had to be cut off and put an inch futher in on either side and its taken ages to sand down so it meets the bumper ALL the away around.

Took a quick picture of how it looks after a days worth of work :)

979e740b.jpg

Its getting there.... Should be in primer in the next week or so :)

Thats looking good so far, I wish I had the time to do more stuff like this myself.

Can wait to see the next update :)

Well the weathers too crap to do any progress on the bumper and ive run out of fibreglass resin - waiting on the postie to bring me some more!

I decided i wasnt happy with the finish of the spoiler as it had become orange pealy, so i spent an hour sanding it down with 1200 to 2000 grit sand paper and polished it up.

25fe6ddc.jpg

No more orange peel there :D

04ee1df0.jpg

As you can see its very shiny now :thumbsup: Also i stuck on my custom TTE Badge on as im finished with it :)

a7970343.jpg

I did slightly cut through the paint on one of the edges on the end plate :rolleyes: but its not very noticable and i cant be bothered to fill it in atm. Ill give it a coat of paint at somepoint Just to touch it in as the whole thing doesnt need to be sprayed again - its that small.

That looks really good (must get my spoiler done), tis very red now :)

Bet your well pleased with the results.

i scrape snow ?

Not sure what u mean mate?

That looks really good (must get my spoiler done), tis very red now :)

Bet your well pleased with the results.

Very pleased :D Bit gutted i went through with the polisher (i was being very carefull and still done it :cry:) BUT when i paint my bumpers ill touch it back in so its not a big deal. Wont your spoiler buff back up?

This means that i can spray my bumpers/sideskirts and get a factory finish, so theres a £300 saving :thumbsup:

Yup, handbrake + snow is the best fun you will EVER have in a FWD car ;)

what polish did u use on the gear knob metal?and has it stayed like that since?

Normal metal polish. And no it hasnt - it has to be done every month. Ill be laquring it soon to keep the finish, as im fed up of doing it :rolleyes:

On another note i resprayed the end plate of the TTE spoiler and blended it back in. Its worked perfect as the spoiler looks as if its fresh from a professional paint booth :D well happy with that result :)

Normal metal polish. And no it hasnt - it has to be done every month. Ill be laquring it soon to keep the finish, as im fed up of doing it :rolleyes: On another note i resprayed the end plate of the TTE spoiler and blended it back in. Its worked perfect as the spoiler looks as if its fresh from a professional paint booth :D well happy with that result :)

thanks lad :) il b tackeling myn so :)

Been at the bumper today while it was sunny :) im finished fibreglassing, all it needs now is a massive sand down, a skim of filler and primer + paint :D

Some pictures i took

05347bf8.jpg

cb51882a.jpg

72be927b.jpg

d5c93ab6.jpg

Ill be sanding it down durring the week now, a coat of filler to smooth the fibreglass and remove the air bubbles and pin holes. Hoping i can get ot into paint on the weekend :thumbsup:

oooooo looking good, today was pretty epic wasn't it. That looks like a lot of work, but well worth it in the end :)

oooooo looking good, today was pretty epic wasn't it. That looks like a lot of work, but well worth it in the end :)

Yes and yes! Thanks :) Today i actually saw my efforts to not bolt it in as i should, the labours of about 20 hours of love to get where i am with it. Its been EXTENSIVELY moddified ;) I honestly would like to see it sat next to one thats "simply bolted on" as itll show how much work ive had to do to it! I honestly cant wait to get some paint on it :thumbsup:

Quotes like that make me feel like its all worth while :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links