Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My '00 Facelift Corolla Sr Vvti

Steven252

Looking good, roll on the sunshine and much more work.

I plan on turning my conservatory into a little workshop the moment my step daughter moves out, only another 8-10 weeks (and yes I'm counting every day lol).

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

• EXS

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good, roll on the sunshine and much more work.

I plan on turning my conservatory into a little workshop the moment my step daughter moves out, only another 8-10 weeks (and yes I'm counting every day lol).

Thanks paul :thumbsup: shes progressing slower than i wanted but everythings taking time because i have to custom make it myself. Not like the honda boys who can buy everthing of the shelf :rolleyes: at least shes 100% mine and not many people have the time or the know how to replicate it :)

Got an induction kit for her, purely as the oem filter needs replacing and i got a k&n thypoon kit for (read - i convinsed myself its :rolleyes:) not much more than what toyota wanted for a replacement (dont do patent parts!!) so Shell have a nice induction roar when it arrives next week.

Got to have a workshop paul ;) mine consists of the garage thats filled with crap from previous cars ive modified and no longer own, or the back garden table :D

Need to pull my finger out and get the sideskirts into primer and paint i think ;)

Sounds like a good little nest of updates :)

As for buying parts like "Honda" boys, I know what you mean as I used to have a Civic, and yes it was too easy to buy parts for. I like spending endless nights on auction sites from around the world looking for parts lol.

My fav search is Corolla Rally - Corolla WRC - Corolla TTE - Corolla E11 :) Good times

The postie turned up to deliver my induction kit, turns out its not a k&n item i thought it was but its very simular.

56afa5f9.jpg

Its "ment" to fit a E12 1.8 vvti engine.... So as per normal i had to do a bit of cutting to get it to fit. The ends just needed cutting down to fit in the small E11 engine bay - as the E11 and E12 ones are quite simular.

ee608e7f.jpg

And fitted into the engine bay (i will be replacing the blue pipe with a black one at some point)

7c77b839.jpg

It sits right on top of the oem cold air feed, not that im worried about abit of heat soak anyway (and in all honesty it doesnt make much difference once moving) as ive purely fitted it for the sound. As boy does the little vvti engine have an induction roar now :D

For people who want a good laugh - when i originally fitted the induction kit in the car, it wouldnt run or idle and would die on start up. After scratching my head for a while i made a brew and realised that something was up with the maf sensor. it only fits one way into the pipe and i had the pipe fitted the wrong way around (still looked like it does in the photos) so this meant the maf was reading the air coming in as if it was going out and was throwing a fit :rolleyes: i swopped the pipe around and she started and run straight away :D the ecus going to have to adjust abit as theres some flat spots - this will happen the more i use the car :)

In all well happy with it. My mpg/fuel bill wont be...

Skirts are in primer,

fccc9c0d.jpg

ive advertised the kit for sale as i fancy the oem TTE front bumper and G6R sideskirts. Hopefully they wont sell as ive put an inbelievable amount of effort into making them

• 2 weeks later...

Spent abit of money on her this week, the dreaded tax was up. And what an EXPENSIVE car to tax these are?!?!? Ive paid less for turbo cars!

f247a15d.jpg

To put it into perspective i could pay £20 more a year and have a audi s3, focus rs, leon cupra r to name a few...

Anyway i put abit of time into the skirts over the last couple of days

They took alot of block sanding to get them straight. Theres one thing i hate is "wavey" paint work. So i kept sanding them back, applying primer and a guide coat over it, sanding back till smooth. It took about 4 attempts to get them up to stratch.

fccc9c0d.jpg

d17fe2dd.jpg

a7c1d1f9.jpg

Then a coat of paint. I only had enough to do one, im waiting for some more to arrive

8eff2aad.jpg

And on the car, excuse how dirty it is - i havent washed it in over a month :( Shell get a proper detail this bank holiday weekend :)

786901aa.jpg

95003735.jpg

15f9df6a.jpg

d471395f.jpg

All the hard works paid off with them :) just need to spray the other one now when then paint arrives. will start the rear bumper when ive had a little rest from the car ;)

Im not a fan of skirts and such but the rolla pulls it off nice. Looks good dude.

Im not a fan of skirts and such but the rolla pulls it off nice. Looks good dude.

Thanks dude :)

Itd be a boring world if we all liked the same thing ;) im not sure how long shes going to be with me ATM. Ive got a promotion in work and i am now in a position to be able to run something alot more tasty...... See what happens..

That's a nice update, the side skirts look really good, top job on those :)

Agreed on the tax disc lol, but it's a price we have to pay to enjoy our motors.. also think the induction kit looks mighty. Bet that makes a nice roar :)

Got the other sideskirt into paint over the last week and got it onto the car. As the weather was stunning today i decided that shed have a full detail, as ive neglected her alot over the winter. so i got the soap, claybar, polisher, wax out and got scrubbing.

087eee0e.jpg

a6939c67.jpg

f0da6beb.jpg

5fe50672.jpg

1797dc0c.jpg

5d30e3ed.jpg

7613c4d8.jpg

62528741.jpg

a1658673.jpg

4b36d0c7.jpg

368d3a22.jpg

Cant believe how good she is after 12 years and 153 thousand miles :)

Now that is a shine :) very impressed...

Now that is a shine :) very impressed...

Thanks mate :)

Sparkley :)

• 2 weeks later...

Shes had another wash in this absolutely stunning weather we have! For the first time in about 2 years i have the weekend off to enjoy it too :D

Decided i wanted to paint the toyota Badge on the SR grill so it wasnt so "in your face" so to speak. Had a spare in the garage so gave it a sand down, primered and a coat of satin black.

b237b92a.jpg

On the car

f964660d.jpg

Thats all ive done so far. Next on the list is to fit a set of tyres to my 17" TTE alloys and buy some coilovers :)

Parts im still looking for;

BC racing coilovers,

TTE front lip,

TTE sideskirts,

G6R seatbelts,

6 in dash CD changer,

OEM aluminium pedals.

Then find a place that will fabricate a celica GT4 ST205 complete rear axle on for me as i can do the engine conversion myself :)

I also couldnt resist restong the TTE alloys on the car to see what there going to look like

a8bf0492.jpg

;)

Those TTE wheels will look excellent.

There's a G6R on e-bay being broken.

Those TTE wheels will look excellent.

There's a G6R on e-bay being broken.

Thanks mate :)

The black one? They got it with the skirts missing and wanted silly money for the belts :(

Liking the wheels, what's different about the G6R belts ?

Liking the wheels, what's different about the G6R belts ?

There red dude ;)

So hard to get :( and pricy when they do turn up for sale :(

BC racing coilovers are a must get them on quick!

BC racing coilovers are a must get them on quick!

Im holding off from them atm for when i do my Engine/4wd conversion - the fronts are fine as i can use my own hubs or st185 ones are a direct replacement.

The rears have a slightly different bolt pattern on the ST205 hubs, about 2mm off. so id like to see if i can modify my originals to fit before splashing out the money for them ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links