Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My '00 Facelift Corolla Sr Vvti

Steven252

... Fitted a 5mm spacer and they just cleared but obviously theyve pushed the wheels out further. With me, a friend and 4 15s in the boot it was catching the arch over bigish bumps, with the 15s out of the car i have to hit a big drop or bump at speed to get it to catch. So thats having people in the back gone out of the window :rolleyes:

Steve, I had the same problem with my rear Rays rims scrapping the Cusco coilovers. I managed to get 3mm spacers from Co-ordSport who supplied me with the rims and suspension. They did the trick for me - might work for you.

John

Hi john,

It only "just" clears with the 5mm ones. What size tyres/wheels and ET have you got? As ive fitted 215/45/17 to the 7.5" wide wheels :thumbsup:

Steve

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

• EXS

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi john,

It only "just" clears with the 5mm ones. What size tyres/wheels and ET have you got? As ive fitted 215/45/17 to the 7.5" wide wheels :thumbsup:

Steve

Steve, my Rays are 7" wide with 42mm offset and rubber is 195 wide so I had a bit more clearance than you.

Edited by ae111sr
added offset info

Ah, with a 195 or 205 i would have been fine :rolleyes:

Got fed up of hearing my brand new tyres scrape on either a big bump or when carrying passangers so i decided to roll my arches.

I couldnt justify spending £125 on a proper arch rolling tool so i borrowed one of the ends to my brothers weight lifting bars,

895CFC33-6FBA-444A-B276-925ABB55C9BF-628-00000166B507EF73.jpg

Jacked the car up and inserted it between the tyre and arch. Lowered the car slowly then rolled the bar along the arch, then lowered more, rolled some more etc etc.

6E607BD5-0A12-4952-85F3-7B9FBF5154E8-628-00000166BA92FB5E.jpg

The inner lip is a lot higher than it was, and is at an angle now not to catch the tyre. For a home DIY way of doing it, the arch is quite uniform and not ripply on the lip. The tyres no longer catch the arch but i suspect if i go lower ill have to roll them a touch more.

The reason you buy the tool and not DIY it...

8B10BEC0-CBE8-4D40-A9F6-2F386B807F9D-628-00000166C411D72D.jpg

Yup, most of the paint on the lip flakes off in the process. I sanded this back down and gave it a coat of undersealer to protect it from rust :) ovbiously this is NOT the best way to do this but i couldnt justify the price of a roller that id use once or twice, and even still, they arent always a 100% garantee to unmark the paint underneath. Ive done both sides to match.

Dude you should have heated the arch up first!!

Nahhh, wouldnt have made the slightest bit of difference when doing it DIY mate. With a proer roller yes. The arch lip was battered anyway :lol:

Front tyres blown out last night, right on the sidewall. So thats a brand new less than 100 mile old tyre in the bin :( ive got the manufacture collecting it thursday as its blown with no apparent reason, so hopefully theyll replace it FOC.

I did my old polo arches with a rubber mallet went pretty well.

Damn a blow our! Hope u get that foc yea. Right im back in the uk now. What pic did you want of the back suspension? Reason why i ask is that my rims are et15 so will probably be nowhere near the cup.

I did my old polo arches with a rubber mallet went pretty well.

Damn a blow our! Hope u get that foc yea. Right im back in the uk now. What pic did you want of the back suspension? Reason why i ask is that my rims are et15 so will probably be nowhere near the cup.

Ye mate it happened at about 50/60mph through some single file country lanes and went with no warning at all.... I was VERY lucky to hold the car as it put it into a MASSIVE slide... :o brown pants moment and a half!!

The side walls split, no further than a couple of mm. ive not hit anything nore have i kerbed the tyre. The mint condition alloy and the tyre proves this! Ive showed the photos to the supplier who fully agrees with me!

In all fairness, with how bad it went, i fully expected to get out of the car and find my irriplacable TTE alloy absoluetly f*cked... In full credit to the tyre is "rim protector" has done everything it is designed to do and protected the alloy 100%, so atleast its just the tyre gone.... FEWWW!!

Hopefully itll be replaced as its blatently a manufacturing fault. We'll find out in the next week or soo...

Anyway heres the pics, one absolutely mint condition wheel saved purely by the tyre (SO HAPPY!!!)

6B2EF489-077E-4A70-9F77-094E792158F4-909-0000019C871CCCD6.jpg

And where the tyres blown out. See the little mark bellow the D in autogard, thats the only leak... It was enough to instantly blow the tyre out and put it into a good old spin :o

61DB3E8F-EF13-44CF-94F5-65268B3831D9-909-0000019C8E8E55FB.jpg

Re the photos mate.... Not needed anymore... My hearts decided. I want a E12 compressor so im breaking the SR over the next couple of months... :( im gutted to do it but i cant put myself through another engine conversion. Ive been told that stress makes my medical condition worse, and the last two engine conversions nearly destroyed my hands/tendens which are the main thing affected by it :( and its only been getting worse lately.... A big :( i suffer with raynards and some sort of deep thrombosis condition with really affect my curculation especially to my hands/knuckles (ill get a good photo of it soon as when the temp drops as it looks unreal! My hands go a deep shade of red and my knuckles swell to about 3 times the size they should be in a dark shade of purple :o). Apparently ill get it in all joints i have later in life... great to know at the ripe old age of 24!!! the doctors damn right with the stress thing too, it gets worse with it, so ive just got to bite the bullet, as well, i cant live with 109bhp anymore (yawn!!) its a shame as ive put alot of effort into the car over the last year + but i have to put my health first and stressing over the car does not help. So insted ill buy a corolla thatwill keep me happy as factory intended :)

I found on my Corolla the tyres rubbed the plastic of the rear inner wheel arch liner, not the metal part of the arch.

That is with a 35mm drop and 185/70-14 tyres on.

I found on my Corolla the tyres rubbed the plastic of the rear inner wheel arch liner, not the metal part of the arch.

That is with a 35mm drop and 185/70-14 tyres on.

Mine seems to have had the plastic rear inner arches removed at some point in its life.

Id have to do some serious arch modifications if i wanted to lower it in the slightest from the standard ride height....

Id have been ok with 205/45/17 :rolleyes: never mind, there the correct size for a compressor and keep me legal for the next couple of months

Fair play dude, at the end of the day it's all about health really. Think you are making the right choice. Im thinking myself to fob the 1zz conversion off, I just don't have the funds or time anymore. So the e12 compressor..vvtli?

Fair play dude, at the end of the day it's all about health really. Think you are making the right choice. Im thinking myself to fob the 1zz conversion off, I just don't have the funds or time anymore. So the e12 compressor..vvtli?

Yeah mate, im pritty gutted that ill have to strip it to get any sort of money back on it. It will feel like im undoing everything ive done to it over the last year :(

My hands have been real bad as of late, i struggle even to sign for items (i work on the back door of a big retailing company) as i physically cant hold a pen strong enough with my fingers to write with... Id be better of putting it in my mouth! :lol: ive changed roles in work now to exclude cold temperatures and heavy lifting which has seen the swelling pritty much dissapear :D after the convo with the doc, doing an engine conversion again would be out of the question. Hell he saw what the last one done to me :lol: i could pay someone else to do it but then im talking big £££

Yes the E12 compressor is a VVTLI with a factory fitted supercharger! They sound the nuts!! Ill use the tax up on the SR while looking for one, i want a red one for obvious reasons ;) with ultra low millage.

I did a post on the corolla club uk site that caters mainly for the E12s and its show me how much effort, work and £££ ive put into the car

I bought it in august 2011 as a standard car

7101c6db.jpg

0b15195c.jpg

e5e79d14.jpg

17d3951b.jpg

Engine;

a4b3ef30.jpg

Interior;

f99bbb44.jpg

c3329f32.jpg

56c152a2.jpg

c5fb526d.jpg

And how it looks now, after over a year of "messing" with it and collecting some really rare parts.

Exterior;

0B8A3433-580D-4C98-80AD-DBE2FC1D8FE6-804-00000136F023B595.jpg

4F7E4C90-7DD3-4E19-86BC-DF81E41FEDF2-804-00000136FE925C82.jpg

6F25DC44-AD16-402C-9AD5-8BD0D64C9A7E-804-000001370C7737DF.jpg

D03BF034-B6D3-4A3F-B8F4-AB0B00041D43-804-000001371F7E5A00.jpg

Engine bay;

9F9BA856-1BB9-4E35-A01B-586E855FECDE-10661-0000110E8EB7C34A.jpg

67470EE1-2B9B-4767-8468-6085B06833DB-10661-0000110E7803B082.jpg

D0DAA455-446F-44CA-A6A0-6DD89A4C51FB-10661-0000110E88A32F3E.jpg

2864BF38-EC33-44E3-93BB-599B628EE8B5-10661-0000110E7F0A6628.jpg

Interior;

8b9f177e.jpg

a2c41d79.jpg

e6ee429f.jpg

a772da9c.jpg

5BCE1EF2-0BC0-4274-A160-655C77E06CB5-3526-0000063171435980.jpg

cb9d00a7.jpg

The spec of it is quite a lengthy bit of paper now :lol:

External;

- Modified FK Racing front splitter moulded into front bumper and front gap extended to make it replicate the TTE front splitter

- Genuine TTE G6R sideskirts

- Genuine TTE rear spoiler with custom made black background TTE gel Badge

- Ultra rare, set of 5 OEM Toyota TTE 17" alloy wheels with 215/45/17 rubber for summer use - set was imported from germany, and then the 5th spare was imported from hungry

- Rare optional 15" Toyota "como" alloy wheels wrapped in 4 Firestone tyres for winter

- Clear front indicators and side repeaters

- Optional Toyota exhaust trim

- Rear wiper blank and front aero Wiper Blades

- Red brake callipers front and rear

- 5mm Rear wheel spacers

- Door mouldings and 1.6 wing badges removed

- Front toyota grill Badge sprayed satin black

- New TTE badges all round

Internal;

- Complete RED L.E.D conversion to match the factory Toyota G6/R/SR dials

- G6R red seat belts - one of 420!

- Fitted floor matts with red outline and stitching

- Standard SR interior trim and red stitched steering wheel and gear gaitor

- Leather arm rest with rest stitching to match the above

- Oem CD player mounted under driver seat (as its the control unit)

- Very Rare Toyota tape player upgrade from factory

- Stupidly Rare Toyota 6 in dash CD changer

- Flip key conversion

Lighting;

- 100w Yellow 9005 dipped beams bulbs

- 100w Yellow 9006 main beams bulbs

- 100w Yellow H3 fog light bulbs

- Silvertech indicator bulbs all around

- Cree HID side light and number plate bulbs

- 12 L.E.D Reverse light bulbs

- Front Fog light wiring loom modified to flash with main beams but to remain independent

- Passanger tail lamp modified to accept rear fog light bulb (so the car has one either side)

Engine;

- TRD 3 point strut brace

- Celica 1zz inlet manifold

- Celica 1zz throttle body

- Celica 1zz intake pipe

- Celica 1zz fuel injectors

I will be sad to pull it apart :(

Good to hear your getting better dude. As i say health deffo has to come first so good plan with the e12.

It will be sad breaking the rolla up esp with all the mods buuuttttt 1.8vvtli superdoopercharged!! Woooo!! Are these pretty rare?

Thanks dude :)

There was only 250 compressors built for the uk, so yeah, there pritty rare!

Didnt get chance to vid the readings today, will do it asap for you :thumbsup:

Thanks dude :)

There was only 250 compressors built for the uk, so yeah, there pritty rare!

Didnt get chance to vid the readings today, will do it asap for you :thumbsup:

No problem dude its all good :)

Seen one on autotrader few miles from me 60k on clock but in black.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, and that the fate of the SR is sealed.

Dibs on a few bits?

Sorry to hear of your troubles, and that the fate of the SR is sealed.

Dibs on a few bits?

Thanks mate :)

Yeah its a damn shame but even with my problems aside, it simply costs too much for what it is compared to more performance models out there. I dont know how it works out like this but a compressor is £50 more tax a year and £120 more expensive to insure after doing some quick quotes. I have no idea why the little SR is in a such high tax/insurance group that it is?

What are you after? The only thing ill be holding onto are the wheels. Prob start breaking it in the new year as the insurance is up in feb...

• 2 weeks later...

Good and bad news.

The good, ive put a deposit on a compressor and will collect it next week :D

The bad, ill be pulling the SR apart over the weekend :(

How you getting on breaking the E11? Nice looking new motor btw :)

Im not "breaking" as such, ive returned it to standard now so have loads of TTE bits here if you need anything?

Shes looking like this after todays part removal.

3DD4B4AC-5B77-4C04-AA0F-1316B9679C12-12450-000010C0E7DA4D90.jpg

Cars up at £895 if any one was interested :)

how much for side skirts! id love em!

Check the for sale section on here for the full condition. They have all bolts all brackets etc etc to fit and id take £100 + post or can meet up somewhere :)