Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My '00 Facelift Corolla Sr Vvti

Steven252

Yup, the front splitter, side skirts and tte spoiler have all come from ireland! They like there jap motors out there ;)

If the posties been today ill have the bottom half in paint :D

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

• EXS

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Steven, only just spotted your updates on this thread.

I'm afraid I dont know off the top of my head what then primer was that was used, I guess I could find out but don't think it was anything out of the ordinary to be honest.

As for the quality and fit of the rear spoiler you have stolen, it just goes to show that you only get what you pay for, and is a glowing advert for buying the right sort of gear rather than buying cheap inferior parts (a major pet hate of mine!)

Sorry Steven, only just spotted your updates on this thread.

I'm afraid I dont know off the top of my head what then primer was that was used, I guess I could find out but don't think it was anything out of the ordinary to be honest.

As for the quality and fit of the rear spoiler you have stolen, it just goes to show that you only get what you pay for, and is a glowing advert for buying the right sort of gear rather than buying cheap inferior parts (a major pet hate of mine!)

i rang my local toyota dealer who transferred me to there bodyshop guys who kindly informed me all 3E5 cars were painted in white primer :)

i like the "term" stolen you've used ;) yes it was a bit of a steal at that price :D

anyway update time, over the last couple of days ive been painting the spoiler. its come out such a great finish im over the moon with it :)

197c0031.jpg

d0cbb5eb.jpg

a38251ad.jpg

6e209008.jpg

5638eac6.jpg

4ee9cdf3.jpg

no pictures of on the car as of yet, im waiting for a week to pass so the paint can harden enough for me to give it a mop with my machine polisher and then give it a full coat of wax.

ive also been messing with the side skirts. they are being a complete nightmare and TBH if i knew the E10 was this different i wouldn't have bothered, id have got a set of E11 skirts and modified them to how i wanted, as they would have at least fitted the car to start with :rolleyes:

anyway i continued to cut them up and ended with this......

896e6903.jpg

then i started to line the skirts up with the front splitter. this has an edge to it, where it meets the front wheels, which i want to transfer to the side skirts and down the car to then meet the edge of the rear splitter.

heres a picture of what i mean buy the edge on the front splitter

cd246e2a.jpg

and starting to build up the skirt. (thats not rust by the way, its an epic amount of sh*te built up behind the mudflap which ive obviously removed)

2a9d55b0.jpg

i glued off cuts of fibreglass to it to keep it in position

e8810d56.jpg

and then fibreglassed it in.

d4dddaab.jpg

i made a school boy error and didn't put enough hardener into the very small mix of resign i used. i was trying to not over do it, so it didn't set too fast and completely miss judged it. so thats ended todays fun as after 2 hours its still not completely hard. ill leave it till tomorrow to set fully before continuing.

ive also decided to mould both the front and rear splitters into the respective bumpers. i didn't want to do this as i wasn't sure on how good of a paint match and finish i could get. since the spoilers come out perfect, ill do the whole bumpers as there starting to fade and look a bit shabby. this also means the kit wont look as if its just been "stuck" on and give it more of a OEM feel that im after as it'll be fully blended in.

comments welcome as always :)

Thats a good update, some nice little touches going on here, well impressed :thumbsup:

Thats a good update, some nice little touches going on here, well impressed :thumbsup:

cheers mate :thumbsup:

another little "touch" came this morning in the form of a straight finned upper grill. the SR upper grill is a honeycomb effect one as standard, but it doesnt match the lower grill and fog light inserts that are straight finned. heres some pics anyway.

old non matching grill.

c354200f.jpg

c3e6d142.jpg

and the new grill.

d1fdddab.jpg

34b8333f.jpg

now its obvious from the photos you can see these came in a dark grey colour...... not what i want. also another issue i have with it is, that it has dimples impressed into it, there supposed to be there from factory, however to me, it completely ruins the straight lines i want on the finished article.

db1fba98.jpg

i didn't realise that these existed on them as ive never seen one up close. its not a problem anyway as im going to paint it black to match the lower grills (which will be freshly painted too) so i will give these a very slight skim of filler to remove them. i also thought about de-badging it too, by cutting it out and building it back up with fibreglass. however im not going to be de-badging the rest of the car so i think it'll look odd, so ill leave it proudly wear the huge Badge toyota fitted it with :rolleyes:

Well the TTE spoiler has finally made its way onto the car, the finish is 95% perfect, theres a couple of imperfections that im not happy with but its on the underside and you cant make them out when there on the car. Plus im not a body shop and dont have access to the equipment that they have. its only cost me £30 to get it painted compared to the £150 i was quoted and anyway, if it was perfect i'd have to have the whole car done to match it :rolleyes:

Heres the pictures.

fd17bedf.jpg

d470bcb4.jpg

2252378d.jpg

27ee54ed.jpg

cddc1259.jpg

9ba16dc6.jpg

Im well happy with it :D i will be sticking the TTE Badge on when ive seen it in the sun and am absolutely sure im happy with the finish, as once its goes back on i wont be taking it off again

It looks great and you also have the pleasure that you did it your self.

Even from the bodyshops you don't get 100% result.

Enjoy the downpressure! :thumbsup:

It looks great and you also have the pleasure that you did it your self.

Even from the bodyshops you don't get 100% result.

Enjoy the downpressure! :thumbsup:

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

The slight imperfections im worried about is the slight bit of "orange peal" that it has, though youll always get this from rattle cans. i was going to wet sand this back and polish it back up, but i saw it in all its glory today as it was really sunny and its no more than the actual toyota paint work. so im going to stop being a perfectionist and leave it be :rolleyes: if it was a show car i would do it, but its my everyday hack and with me doing 10-15k a year in it, itll only quickly become damaged anyway :(

It changes the whole look of the rear end, im over the moon with it! One thing i have noticed is that the rear screens getting filthy, so its deffenately doing the right thing! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

firstly, i was kind of hoping to do a big update to the bodywork off this car during this week, as i'm currently "on holidays" from work. but because of the great british weather we have, its gone really cold and non stop showers means i wont be doing any more till it warms up. im having a VERY hard time with my hands ATM too, mainly being my knuckles - theyve swollen to twice the size they should be and have gone purple :unsure: i cant apply any pressure to them and they are very painful to touch :crybaby: plus im not getting ill due to working outside in all weathers for a car and its too cold for fibreglass anyway, so it can wait till spring time when its warmed and my hands should have mended by then....

so as the other half is still in work ( :toast: ) i've been keeping myself occupied doing little (uhmmm) jobs about the car that needed addressing. first of all, when i shut my door theres a annoying rattle from the door and it also rattles when i have my music up loud to annoy the neighbours...

now i knew what it was and it was a very simple fix, and i'm guessing every E11 has this problem as nothing was there to stop it happening. basically the door pulls are able to touch the metal bodywork, so i stripped the door card off to revel this

8225ff7b.jpg

carefully pealed back the plastic outer

f481bb2f.jpg

and stuck a nice bit of sticky foam pad to the area causing the rattle.

c5629050.jpg

i also done the passanger side too, and now i have no more annoying rattles from the door :toast:

another reason i had the door card off was to get at the window switch from behind as i couldn't get it out without damaging the door card and i don't have any strength in my hands to pull it apart myself :( the reason i wanted to do this is because i'm pretty much done converting my dash to red led/bulbs, ill post up more pictures when the remaining bulbs turn up but heres a sneak peak :D

c9e78b1a.jpg

for those of you who just want rid of the majority of green, you can remove 90% (bar window switch, a/c and de-mister switch, clock, mpg computer and buttons) by just removing the green covers on the dash bulbs. it gives you this effect...

25740b84.jpg

9ae376a0.jpg

i've taken loads of photos throughout so once i get the remaining bulbs of mr postie i'll put some more pictures up.

Bought a second trip computer to have ago turning red. Nearly there, just waiting on sum bits for the screen, that have to come from china :crybaby: but atleast im able to do it and the green is gone! my god what a tricky job it is. Once ive got this one looking factory ill be converting my own one and selling it on if anyones interested?

Heres how it currently stands, sorry for the poor iPhone pictures, the screens not like that in real life its the same brightness as factory only amber in colour

5d20a309.jpg

Ooooo that looks nice, liking that a lot :thumbsup:

Looks much better in red... hmmm may borrow that idea :yahoo:

Its been a challange!! The screens the hardest part!

I got red bulbs for the centre console. Im not happy with them as the heater colours have gone funny due to the red back light. Ill be making a new led backlight display (made templates already) for this once i grab a backing plate from the scrappy.

Heres another crappy iPhone picture. The a/c and de-mister looks identical to the buttons on the trip computer in real life, and im waiting for the same parts i am for the screen to turn up to do the cd player and tape deck.

36e005e9.jpg

And the window switch :)

c94b464d.jpg

Its getting there, will be so happy once these bits turn up :thumbsup:

Got the screen a reddy orange ish colour (looks orange in this picture but its more red) anyway it looks better than it did! Still waiting for my parts from china to see if it makes it better again.

ec3c01c1.jpg

Also put my headlight level switch in.

bde7cb79.jpg

Also got a heater control unit to modify for individual led's from the salvage yard. I have started cutting it up but am saving the pictures for a E11 conversion guide.

d029b7bf.jpg

Took some night time pictures, it seems that its got red'er now its dark and pritty much matches the red leds

Really need to get a better camrea as it still shows orange for sum reason, but if u look at the reflection at the bottom of the screen you can see its quite clearly red :thumbsup:

e40e3db7.jpg

Im well chuffed with this :D ive got a different type of led comin to sort out the top right two (am/fm and tape/cd) as the lights not dispursing enough with the small led. I hope they match but i cant see it being a problem :thumbsup:

looks good so far, photos in the dark are always hard to do, but defo looks a lot better, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well my parts from china finally turned up so i could finish off the dash conversion. Ive spent so much money (near £100) trialing different leds and different ways of lighting the dash to make it match the oem red dails and generally look as if it came out of the factory red.

I must have tried over 20x different leds of different mcd, size, shape, forward voltage etc to get to where i am, and have had the centre console in bits for over a month (drove me mad!) so for this fact ill be keeping how ive done it close to my chest for the time being (but if a active site contributer would like to know - drop me a PM) there are NO hotspots (hard to do with leds) NO miss matching colours, everything is exactly how it was with the standard green ones, just red. I cant understand why toyota didnt do this for the sr/g6/r from factory, whoever thought green and red worked together needed to be sacked :rolleyes:

Anyway im over the moon with the end result :D sorry for the poor iPhone pictures again, i really need to invest in a new camrea :rolleyes:

92db61a5.jpg

Even the ashtray lights red ;)

59638a06.jpg

In other news, i picked up a rear bumper, tail light and indicator stalk from a poorly g6 in bristol so i can now get on with finishing the rear splitter in my nice warm garage. Its easier this way as the car is my daily driver, so i cant have it off the road. plus i dont fancy having it looking like crap with half a bodykit hanging on it :rolleyes:

Comments welcome once again :)

After looking at pauls car over and over again ive decided i dont like the fk splitter as much as the TTE front bumper :rolleyes:

i didnt like it first (as with the TTE spoiler) but the spoiler grew on me and i luckily found one and im so glad i did! The bumpers REALLY grown on me now and i REALLY want one for my car so if anyone knows of one for sale or even hears a wisper that ones going to be possibly for sale, let me know :thumbsup:

I also want a set of MiM 16" white alloy wheels if anyones got a set lying about?

Thanks guys :)

Couple of shots of her being the dirtiest shes ever been :( damn weather :(

fd08e180.jpg

353eb0f5.jpg

New sticker i got for christmas ;) (yes ive been slacking and havent even bothered putting the TTE Badge back on yet :rolleyes:)

5cc60c11.jpg

And a rear bumper for moulding the civic type R splitter into

f395caa1.jpg

As you can see the bumper splits into two, so i can revert back to standard, as and when i want. Talk about oem fitment ;)

c19b2a54.jpg

Also got all my service parts from my toyota main dealer, who also kindly put my name down for a test drive of the new GT-86 ;)

Ive got another front bumper coming after new year - and im chopping the front splitter up, to make it slightly more agressive at the front and more subtle at the sides.

e807b17c.jpg

The splitters going to be full moulded into the front bumper, as if it was the original part of the bumper ;)

After looking at Pauls car over and over again ive decided i dont like the fk splitter as much as the TTE front bumper :rolleyes:

I liked the look of yours with the splitter :thumbsup: made it look different to the TTE. There was a TOC user selling or breaking a white one on here a while ago, but haven't seen them post for some time now.

I will take a look today through the posts and see which user it was.

Like the sticker in the rear window of yours :thumbsup:

After looking at Pauls car over and over again ive decided i dont like the fk splitter as much as the TTE front bumper :rolleyes:

I liked the look of yours with the splitter :thumbsup: made it look different to the TTE. There was a TOC user selling or breaking a white one on here a while ago, but haven't seen them post for some time now.

I will take a look today through the posts and see which user it was.

Like the sticker in the rear window of yours :thumbsup:

I still like the fk splitter and i think the little changes I'll do to it will make it look a lot better too. The splitters cost me £90 and the new standard bumper i sourced for £35 so as it stands it owes me £125 already :rolleyes:

The TTE stuff has really grown on me. Theres a 1997 corolla gs with a full TTE kit on it (in white) a couple of miles away from my house that ive now spotted (its the first one ive seen and its alittle battered) and like the TTE spoiler, the front bumper looks AMAZING in real life, plus i like the fact its a oem fitment too ;) if one comes up for sale at a reasonable price ill more than likely dip my hands into my pockets :lol:

If you could find out for me paul that would be brilliant :thumbsup: i wonder how long it takes mr pc plod to realise what the sticker means :)

nice work mate :)

keep in mind that the facelift and the bugeye bumpers are different so you will need to modify the TTe bumper if you get one, booster tuning sells wrc bumpers made for the facelift

Theres a 1997 corolla gs with a full TTE kit on it (in white) a couple of miles away from my house

Hi Steve, Your Corolla is coming on nicely - I've seen that white Corolla in Cardiff too. Toyota originally fitted the WRC kit to the white GS model so they would look right with the optional Castrol decal kit they were selling at the same time. My 1998 Corolla is an SR but has had a few mods done to it :eek::lol: Just to give you a brief idea it now has the supercharged 4A-GZE from a Japanese Levin GTz, TTE front and rear spoilers, G6R side skirts, Cusco Zero2 coilovers, Motec ECU and Aquamist water injection. It also has Rays TE37 alloys and last year had a re-paint in original colours. There's more info on my website if you want to see some pics and read some more.

When the weather picks up a bit we'll have to meet up.

Cheers

John

nice work mate :)

keep in mind that the facelift and the bugeye bumpers are different so you will need to modify the TTe bumper if you get one, booster tuning sells wrc bumpers made for the facelift

Thanks mate :)

Yes i'd hoped to find one for the facelift as they did come from factory with them, however ive come to realise that i've got no chance in finding one, finding a bug eye is hard enough!

I do love the look though!

3c642370.jpg

I saw this one come for sale at the same time i bought mine. Sadly it was well over priced and was in a poor condition compared to mine so i didnt bother.

I didnt know booster did them, wonder what the fits like? Thank you very much for the heads up :thumbsup: i think im going to finish what i started with this kit, and once i get bored as fancy a change ill source a TTE one ;)

Im blaming you too!! I swore i'd keep this car relitively standard, look what you've done by showing me yours :P

Theres a 1997 corolla gs with a full TTE kit on it (in white) a couple of miles away from my house

Hi Steve, Your Corolla is coming on nicely - I've seen that white Corolla in Cardiff too. Toyota originally fitted the WRC kit to the white GS model so they would look right with the optional Castrol decal kit they were selling at the same time. My 1998 Corolla is an SR but has had a few mods done to it :eek::lol: Just to give you a brief idea it now has the supercharged 4A-GZE from a Japanese Levin GTz, TTE front and rear spoilers, G6R side skirts, Cusco Zero2 coilovers, Motec ECU and Aquamist water injection. It also has Rays TE37 alloys and last year had a re-paint in original colours. There's more info on my website if you want to see some pics and read some more.

When the weather picks up a bit we'll have to meet up.

Cheers

John

Hi john,

Wow, i had seen your car/website before this post as your car is an absolute peach :thumbsup: to find out that its soo close to home has made my day :) it has the power and spec to match the gorgous looks that she has :thumbsup:

Im guessing this would be the one?

b0b2238e.jpg

Id love to restore her back to factory condition :(

I plan to have mine in paint before the start of the summer, maybe on a nice summers day we should meet up for a mini photo shoot? I would like that a lot :)

Got my front bumper this morning. Fitted up the splitter to check fitment - a measure up where to cut.

84c759ba.jpg

9b0c8be7.jpg

As you can see from the black lines ill be cutting the splitter up as i want the middle part to be higher up to give it a more agressive look. Ill be looking into completely removing the part that wraps up onto the bottom of the lower grill once its in position as i think it makes it look "stuck on" again smoothing out that area so the bumper flows as one.

Ill also be reducing the size of the lip on the sides as i think it produces far to much for my liking. The whole thing will then be fibre glassed in to make it look more oem. This bumpers got cut outs for headlight washer jets, were they an oem fitment?

Also waiting on booster to get back to me on there side skirts as ive given up with my E10 GT ones as it turnes out there AE92 GTI ones and there to far out to make them work and look good.

I attacked the front bumper today, did some serious chopping to the fk splitter and even cut it in half :/

Anyway ive lined it up as per how i want it to "sit". Here where its upto now

59b2b595.jpg

Ive cut out the lip that attaches to the lower grill and then cut out about 4" extra out of the bottom lip and brought it up to give the /-\ profile on the bottom a lot bigger aand angular. This should make it look a bit more agressive ;)

5de1af5f.jpg

bcc16a2e.jpg

5f473179.jpg

ive dropped the sides down a fair bit as (if anyones who has got this splitter has probably noticed) they arn't truely symetrical either side and i wanted the side lines to run with the oem line and not off to an angle like it does normally. Ive also reduced the edge of the lip at the side of bumper as it was FAR to large and in all honesty looked *******. Its about half of the size it was now and is slighty bigger than the oem lip which is exactly how i wanted it :)

ca984bbc.jpg

e1cbc5af.jpg

c48868f2.jpg

9c087799.jpg

The next thing for me to do now is to attach it onto the car and line the bumper up properally (as if it was fitted) make sure all my measurements and lines still mark up either side and then fibreglass some sections together. Once thats dried ill fibreglass it from behind to give it strength. Then the lovely job of sanding and filling ready for paint.....