Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My '00 Facelift Corolla Sr Vvti

Steven252

oooo this is looking MIGHTY, good work so far :thumbsup:

I'm impressed with your skill level, keep up the good work ;)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

• EXS

Top Posters In This Topic

oooo this is looking MIGHTY, good work so far :thumbsup:

I'm impressed with your skill level, keep up the good work ;)

Thanks paul, its getting there.... slowly :)

She hit the big 150 so i thought it would be rude not to photo it - not a lot of cars get to this milage :)

97496c93.jpg

Not bad for a standard car with original clutch, gearbox, engine etc. goes to show how good these cars are with routine servicing as this ones never missed one :thumbsup:

Ive treated her to a full service of all filters, new spark plug and all new oils. And Shell be getting machine polished tomorro if the weather holds out for her :D

The service sounds good, I plan on doing Connies this month as I will have owned her for a year soon :)

150,000 is impressive also :) keep the faith with the car as it's going to be good.

The service sounds good, I plan on doing Connies this month as I will have owned her for a year soon :)

150,000 is impressive also :) keep the faith with the car as it's going to be good.

Yes she had a full oil and filter change, the brakes bleed completely using new dot 5.1, new powersteering fluid, new coolant and a new cabin filter (the cabin filters a nightmare to change so if your stuck let me know and ill give you a hand on pointers i wish i knew before takling mine :)) the only thing i missed out was a air induction filter as i plan to replace mine with a k&n typhoone kit.

Ive become REALLY fond of the little girl, the 150k does not worry me at all, in fact i forget the "1" in the 150 is believe its simply not there. I whole heartly think i could get 200k out of this before some internal engine/gearbox work is needed.

I had a little play with a local EK9 and a DC2 type r's durring the week (over some great B roads) and bar lacking the power in a straight line she more than kept up through the twisties and to say she kept up in general has completely won me over. I shall be sticking a VVTLI engine in her in the not so distant future which should see her on a new level with said cars.

I have really liked the EK9 type r's since i set eyes on one, yet i dont want the "honda fan boy" image they bring nor can i afford one. so i shall turn my SR into a very well matched machine. With a VVTLI engine id be 70kgs heavier but it'll have a bit more power and torque to compansate, and i'd still have 6 gears which i would truely miss. Plus the build quality of the toyota is far superiour IMHO and i like the fact that very few people are aware of what the car is. I honestly cant wait to source a doner car now :D

So yes big plans for her this year, i cant see her leaving my possesion in a VERY long time :thumbsup:

Had a day off today and couldnt resist having a mess about with the car, i've wanted to remove the door side strips for ages as i did it on my previous corolla and it looks so much cleaner IMO. The paint had started to thin and crack on this one showing the white primer underneath making it look untidy close up, so i set about removing them :)

What she looks like now :)

77fbd251.jpg

8dc107d2.jpg

dfd84de6.jpg

I really cant wait for the weather to warm up so i can crack on with the bodykit. Its still well too cold for fibreglass to set in any sort of workable time and i dont have a heat lamp. Ive set a deadline for the end of june for it all to be completed and in primer ready for the bodyshop as im away on holiday then and it makes sense for it to be done when i dont need the car.

Comments welcome good or bad :)

Been off here for a little while, good to see that you still have your SR and that she's being looked after and also still providing grins.

• 2 weeks later...

Been off here for a little while, good to see that you still have your SR and that she's being looked after and also still providing grins.

Yup she wont be going anywhere atm tho i have a hunger for a levin BZR or a pulsar VZR N1 ATM

Invested too much money and time into this one to simply get shot, plus i really do love the car. its just becoming really slow :rolleyes:

As soon as the weather gets warmer i can start fibreglassing the bumpers, i have it booked into a bodyshop for the 19th of june for the kit to be painted :)

Do you know where i can get an induction kit for this car?

K&N do a filter for this, its on there sight. The E12 corolla ones are exactly the same anyway

Yup she wont be going anywhere atm tho i have a hunger for a levin BZR or a pulsar VZR N1 ATM

Invested too much money and time into this one to simply get shot, plus i really do love the car. its just becoming really slow :rolleyes:

As soon as the weather gets warmer i can start fibreglassing the bumpers, i have it booked into a bodyshop for the 19th of june for the kit to be painted :)

Do you know where i can get an induction kit for this car?

K&N do a filter for this, its on there sight. The E12 corolla ones are exactly the same anyway

will it fit your car? as i have the same car as you and i cant find any perfermance parts for it at all

can you also provide a link?

I dont have a direct link sorry. Go on eBay and search corolla induction kit :)

Anyway, red cars look so good in the light dusting of snow we had today

f52a96ab.jpg

Love the car.

I also own a SR (2001 in Green), so I'm following this to get some ideas

Love the car.

Theres not alot out there for these little cars so alot of it needs to be custom made - all part of the fun tho! Put up a thread about your car :thumbsup: not many of them here in the uk, they seem to ALL be in ireland :rolleyes:

Love the car.

Another one!?

Oooh! Let's see it then.....

I finally decided to venture out into the cold and actually do something with the car.... Its not alot BUT to me its made a MASSIVE difference.

The standard alloys (i love them!) at the back looked really small as if the rim/tyre size was a 155 insted of the 195s they actually were, this wasnt helping by the fact the front alloys being sat further out than the rear was. So i whipped them off and measured the hub centre which came in at 8mm. This ment that i could only fit a MAX of a 5mm spacer to them as this would still allow the wheel to sit on the hub centre by 3mm. So i ordered a pair online and they came today.

51b7068e.jpg

When i fitted these i noted the amount of turns on the wheel nuts (till tight) without spacers being 7.5. With the 5mm spacers it came to 5. Which left plenty of thread on the wheel nut to hold it properally and it was still supported by the wheel hub. Anyone deciding to do the same and wants a bigger spacer Than 5mm WILL have to buy proper hub centric ones and well... There not cheep and are a pain to fit! You could fit normal 10mm wheel spacers if your an idiot and want the looks but have no regard for your saftey or of those around you (cough, VW scene, cough :rolleyes:)

Anyway heres the after photos, even though its only a 5mm space its made a real difference. Excuse the state of the car.... It hasnt been washed in 4weeks/1200miles :(

b3910ff9.jpg

55545a30.jpg

7d562bac.jpg

6efe7f48.jpg

Ive also borrowed some proper bodyshop heating lamps so i can get my act together and finish the bodykit. Ill be ordering 40mm Eibach springs at the end of the month too to sort the 4x4 look it has!

Comments welcome as always :)

Had been looking at these myself last year, and never got round to doing anything about it.

Looks good, subtle, but worth it IMO.

Had been looking at these myself last year, and never got round to doing anything about it.

Looks good, subtle, but worth it IMO.

Yeah, its weird as before the rear alloys looked smaller width wise than the fronts did, now they look spot on and are in the same position in the arches front/rear :)

looks better...the wheels don't look as lost as before lol

and defo keep those wheels mate...i think they look awesome :)

looks better...the wheels don't look as lost as before lol

and defo keep those wheels mate...i think they look awesome :)

Thanks mate :) yeah i really like the wheels, theyll be refurbed very soon. Thinking about going white with them? anyone able to do a photoshop for me?

Keep them Silver IMO.

Not too sure they would look right in white, not that 'kind' of wheel really.

Obviously I know nothing however, and it's not my car. 'Motorsport' rims can suit white, your alloys are not that style.

Happy to be proved wrong though :-)

you should stick with silver,

refurb it to its original colour if possible mate

Keep them Silver IMO.

Not too sure they would look right in white, not that 'kind' of wheel really.

Obviously I know nothing however, and it's not my car. 'Motorsport' rims can suit white, your alloys are not that style.

Happy to be proved wrong though :-)

I love red cars with white alloys, but deep down i have been thinking the same thoughts too....

Ill be spraying them in white primer first anyway (as i have tones of it :rolleyes:) so maybe ill go from there. Hopefully some kind sole will be able to do me a photoshop with a 40mm drop too ;)

good idea mate

which spacers did you buy if you dont mind me asking?

i need some as my rear wheels are really lost lol

best of luck with the rest of the car :)

good idea mate

which spacers did you buy if you dont mind me asking?

i need some as my rear wheels are really lost lol

best of luck with the rest of the car :)

I dont at all - i bought some 5mm universal toyota ones on eBay heres the link:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=370486065935&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=92042171248

Well seems like ive opened a can of worms. Ive had one photo 'shopped and i really like it. Think these wheels may pull off being white, Im waiting for another photo to see what it looks from the front to make a decision. ill then paint them in white primer and see wether it looks good in real life before spraying a colour on them :)

Heres the first photoshoped photo

e976189b.jpg

nice, go with the white

You would say that :P nice to see you on the irl site too mate :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links