Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My '00 Facelift Corolla Sr Vvti

Steven252

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

• EXS

Top Posters In This Topic

BIG update :D

After searching for ages i finally have a set of G6R TTE sideskirts that are in really good condition, though im missing an end cap - hopefully toyota still sell these.

fc2480a2.jpg

And a set of G6R red seatbelts in good conditions though they require a good clean!

7a4003c6.jpg

Many thanks to lee who was stripping a G6R 20miles away from my house - im a VERY happy man now :D

Nice one and congrats on finding some side skirts :)

Nice one and congrats on finding some side skirts :)

Thanks mate, have searched for nearly a year for them :D got lucky too - a guy in ireland had a spare drivers side end cap so thats on its way too me :)

I wasnt sure wether to put them in this car, as i might get another Shell to convert like your doing ;) anyway i was bord today as the other half was sleeping and everyone else was being boring either working or with family so i decided to fit the middle belt. They needed a damn good clean as they had oil/dirt/mould in patches on them. So got out an old tooth brush and some fairy liquid and got scrubbing.

Middle one drying after a clean - its come up like brand new :D

2ba84b4c.jpg

And fitted to the car

6853a766.jpg

After i done that i thought sod it, might aswell fit the rest so pulled the interior out ready.

a4fd39a0.jpg

9c8a5f8f.jpg

cad4ad86.jpg

What i should have done is cleaned the other first as after doing the 3rd one i got bord of scrubbing... :rolleyes: so thats how the cars been left tonight. Ill finish it either tomorrow before work or wednesday as i have the day off :)

So after i got sick of scrubbing i decided to refurb the one that had its lables ripped.

dfd73e4b.jpg

So i carefully unstitched the lables on my grey centre belt

e3c4756a.jpg

Then stitched them onto the red belt. One on

08972330.jpg

Then removed the other half.

10ab2bd6.jpg

Two on

05e736f0.jpg

Just need to clean the last two and put the car back together now :)

Great thread and great car, makes me want to crack on with mine.

Great work here again Steven :-)

It's all coming together, good work.

Kev.

Thanks guys, inspires me to crack on with it :) though my savings have taken a battering this month :rolleyes:

Have an oem toyota 6 in dash CD changer on its way to me after searching for months. Why is it that all these parts hard to get parts all come up for sale at once?!

Im on the look for some ST205 celica GT4 brake calipers next as i think i may have found a brake disc that works with them. I will have to fab up some custom brake calipers though. I hope they fit my TTE alloys as there 330mm wide ;)

Got the rest of the seat belts cleaned and re fitted to the car today.

8b9f177e.jpg

a2c41d79.jpg

e6ee429f.jpg

On my rear panel the storage webbing had ripped and pulled out of the holes, so i set about restoring it seeing as it was off the car already.

7a9a5dc7.jpg

aa885e53.jpg

f3f52e4f.jpg

On the reverse side of the panel is 5 screws and a couple of clis holding it in. I removed it and reclipped and glued the netting back into place using a hot glue gun.

07fdad37.jpg

One nicely restored storage basket back in the car :)

52eede3c.jpg

I also took my drivers tail lamp of the car and sealed it using a gasket sealer i had laying around. No more leaks..... For the time being :rolleyes:

Took a fee shots at a stream crossing near my house

f253ca3f.jpg

23963a84.jpg

8d615efe.jpg

Hope you like :)

Lovely stuff! Makes mine look the poor relation!

Lovely stuff! Makes mine look the poor relation!

Not at all mate. You need to start posting more pictures up of her :P

Managed to get hold of a factory toyota 6 in dash CD player after a eternity of searching (like most things it seems :rolleyes:)

Forgot to take a picture of it before putting it in the car to see if it worked, which it did :)

29b55b26.jpg

a5a01b51.jpg

as ive been working nights this was done at 3am on my lunch break :D

Now i have two problems with the unit. The first was known to me before buying it - that it lit up green. As ive done a full red led conversion to my car it means ill have to convert that too which ill come back too.

The second issue that i have is that as my car came with a CD player and a upgrade optional tape deck from factory it means the original CD player dictates what gets used. So i cant use the 6 in dash CD player with the tape deck. I see no point in having both a single CD deck and a 6 CD deck bellow it. Defeats the whole point of the in dash one really. So i set about modifying it so that i can use the pair together.

Luckily toyota made the in dash CD player work as if it was a boot jobbie. That means i can connect both the tape deck and cd changer in parrell to each other and connect it to the original CD player and all 3 work as they should - even the LCD screen picks up both :D

773ffe4b.jpg

Now the next problem is that the corolla only has a double din slot, so i have one that wont fit in it - the original CD player. So i stripped the whole dash to find a space that it could be hidden in

c3de5949.jpg

Which there wasnt :(

I then stripped the CD player down to it compants to see if i could desolder the radio/controll unit and retro fit it to one of the other two

e2338bb3.jpg

Which i couldnt do :(

The only way i can do it is to mount the original CD deck to the bottom of the drivers seat out of the way. Then i can use my in dash changer and optional upgrade tape deck together. This means im going to have to extend alot of wires and the radio wire too to do this. So took a quick trip to the scrappy to grab a couple of connectors as i want it oem and not butchered in.

One of the radio connections used the same connector i needed but only used two terminals of it (bit pointless) so i cut it off to use as a full connector for the CD player.

10913179.jpg

I will then replace it with a 2 pin connector so i can still unconnect the sterio system as and when i need too.

d01ba160.jpg

On the back of the factory tape deck it uses the female connector of the one above - again only connecting two wires - so that connector was removed and the other side of the two pin one joined to it.

4bea5018.jpg

c5641549.jpg

This now means i have both a male and female CD player connector. Ill join the two with a length of wire long enough to run from the back of the in dash cd player to the original CD player under the drivers seat. This way everything remains "plug and unplug" and theres no nasty wiring hanging around. I also had to fill the connector with extra pins - ones id grabbed from the scrappy earlier.

383036c8.jpg

e5cea6f2.jpg

Im yet to do this as im waiting for a batch of wire and heatshrink to turn up to do the lot of it in one go.

This is what the two look like together

7fa409a3.jpg

;)

I then stripped the in dash CD changer to see what LED/bulbs it uses so i could convert it to red.

e07b6966.jpg

Bugger :( it uses tiny SMD LED's that i have not seen before... So i emailed a company to see what they are from the pictures :) all i know is im going to have to be VERY carefull desoldering these!

As always nothings ever easy :rolleyes:

Well seems like my luck is in atm, bought serveral lottery tickets for tonight as i seem to be hitting the jackpot in the E11 world atleast.

Got myself a complete oem toyota sat nav system for the E11 corolla. I paid abit more than i wanted for it but hey, oem parts aint cheep. Its on its way to me from a german toyota breaker with all manuals and CDs including the complete wiring kit. Hes also including the original toyota fitting instructions that the dealers recieved to fit the kit, so i can install it correctly :) this kit uses the factory LCD screen in the facelift corolla to display the fuctions and routes and automatically reduces the speaker sound when announcing directions through the factory Speakers :D

Heres the picture i got of the seller before it was sent off.

e7dcea4f.jpg

Now this would normally sit under the CD player in the 2nd part of the double din unit. Now as you can see above thats already filled with an oem 6 in dash cd player and oem tape deck upgrade. Im going to make up some custom brackets and fit it in the corner of the glove box when it comes ;)

One happy man? You bet :D

Spent a couple of hours on her today.

First up i made a wiring loom to relocate the original CD player under the drivers seat.

1c747f29.jpg

964f9dd0.jpg

116001c1.jpg

Im waiting on more wire to fully relocate it as only the one size turned up.

Decided id have ago at fitting the G6R sideskirts, so attempted the passanger side one.

Drilled the holes for the trim clips

86e93f5a.jpg

8a7c1cf0.jpg

And fitted

defb2cfe.jpg

d62e6e0f.jpg

As i had to guess where the holes should go ive made a tiny mistake - they all line up fine BUT they are 5mm too high, so make the skirt sit a alittle proud. what im going to do is extend the holes down 5mm and have the top 5mm welded in. The whole cars going to be repainted at some point so id rather have it done properally than leaving the holes too big making the skirt lose. At least now i have the exact measurements for the drivers side so ill drill the holes for that wednesday :)

I also won some toyota CDs containing the maps of great britian, germany and france for the sat nav thats on its way :)

Looking good! So it does have sat nav! I cant work mine out. Need cds i guess.

Looking good! So it does have sat nav! I cant work mine out. Need cds i guess.

Thanks dude :)

The standard car doesnt have sat nav. The buttons are there for the sat nav on the oem trip computer but if you dont have this unit - they wont do anything.

e7dcea4f.jpg

If you take the trip computer out youll see behind it theres a plug for "sat nav" that wont have anything in it ;)

Right im with you now! was this out of a rolla or something else?

Right im with you now! was this out of a rolla or something else?

This ones out of a corolla yes - they have a different wiring loom to the others unfortuently so the others cant be retro fitted :( thats why it was so hard to get/find as not many had one as it was an optional extra, a very expensive one at that.

Should be here next day or two so hopefully its the right one. The seller assured me it came out of a 2001 corolla so well see!

Managed to get the drivers TTE/G6R side skirt on

172fd7a2.jpg

The fit on them is unreal! They fit so good, i love oem toyota pannel gapping!

35057f4a.jpg

5d572c74.jpg

My cars booked in tomorrow to have the holes i put in the passanger sill for the side skirt welded in as it turned out i had used the wrong skirt (drivers on passanger) to drill the holes :rolleyes: so yes a big ***** up on my part but atleast i can start again with it :)

Another anoyance was that the sat nav system turned up, i proceeded to fit it only to find that it wouldnt reconise a signal. It booted up fine and displayed everything correctly

6de8ff9c.jpg

But no matter what i did it wouldnt find my GPS position :(

17da8873.jpg

So ive returned it back to the seller in germany on saturday and am waiting on a refund on it. I havent given up on having this optional extra - i have copied the wiring loom that came with it so all i have to do now is buy the sat nav box - which are easily and cheeply avalible on eBay.

Not sure if i should have the car painted now or if i should wait untill i have swopped the engine and running gear over to avoid damage?

All i need to find is a facelift front TTE splitter and then ill start getting the chassis ready for the engine and 4wd system ;)

"The fit on them is unreal!"

Take note those that insist on cutting corners/buying cheap. Will always say it, You really do only get what you pay for.

They look good, i'll have to find some.

"The fit on them is unreal!"

Take note those that insist on cutting corners/buying cheap. Will always say it, You really do only get what you pay for.

Yup i skimpt out on 2 sets of fibreglass sideskirts before these and even though the second set fitted good after i had spent hours making them fit right they still didnt fit as good as these! Was a bit of a nightmare drilling holes in my sills but well worth it in the end :)

Just need the TTE front lip to match now :)

Ps. My cars still dry after all this rain, is yours? :P

They look good, i'll have to find some.

Good luck is all ill say :P they came on G6Rs and some TTE kitted facelifts (only seen one!), i only managed to get these by sheer luck more than anything else :D But they are out there if you have the time to constantly search untill they do pop ip for sale :thumbsup:

Looks good, what do you think was up with the GPS system ?

Looks good, what do you think was up with the GPS system ?

Thanks mate :)

Id say that it was the gps position sensor that had gone on it, not expensive to replace (about £15 on ebay) but i had spent just over £200 on the system and to have it not work led me just to return it. They wanted me to take it to a toyota dealer to diagnose the problem at my expense, so i returned it under my 14 day grace.

Ill pick a sat nav box up on eBay for £40 and make my own wiring loom for it ;)

Update.

The 6 CD changer and tape deck have had there wiring looms madeand are now fitted. The original CD player is under the drivers seat (i had to keep it as its the control unit for the two) the standard LCD display pictures both tape deck and 6 CD changer as it should - displaying the 6 CD changer as disc 1 track 12, disc 4 track 3 etc. as factory intended it too :D

Didnt take many photos as i only had a couple of hours to do it in

One of the 4 different wiring looms i had to make - i didnt photo the others as was rushing to get it in. There all soldered and individually heat shrunk as all wiring should be ;)

359d391b.jpg

And fitted in :D

bffeb6a0.jpg

a772da9c.jpg

Feels so much better having a complete car again. Ill have to pull it out again as im still waiting for timy SMD LEDs to turn up as there not avalible from the uk.

Oh yea. I also made my own wiring loom for the sat nav system (i got a refund on the one from germany) and have also incorperated that into the wiring looms ive made for the cd player. Itll sit under the passanger seat when i get a tns 300 system off eBay :) all i have to do is plug it in :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links