Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My '00 Facelift Corolla Sr Vvti

Steven252

Got my hands on a pair of MK2 MR2 seats, the leathers worn real bad on the drivers side, the passangers fine. That doesnt matter though as ill retrim them using the original SR seat covers. Sorry john on copying your idea, but i liked the fact you can adjust the width of the seat which is really benificial to me as im really slim :)

Tried the original SR headrest in the one to see wether i want the original headrests or to retrim the MR2 ones. ill prob keep the MR2 ones as they suit the shape of the seat better :)

b34a60fb.jpg

e3133128.jpg

Will have a look at the rails on my week off but it looks like i can simply swop the corolla ones over. Not bad for £35 :)

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steven252

• PaulinhoT

• Tibs

• EXS

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent stuff Steven!

MR2 headrest suits the seat better, but Corolla headrest will match the ones in the rear. Hmm....

Really glad I changed my front seats, made such a real difference when pushing on and also on track. Want to recover mine, with original covers if possible, or have the rear bench done at the same time in a similar fabric, but had quotes locally that have been outrageous and that I just can't justify. Not a job I can tackle myself as the Recaros are a bigger seat so not a simple swap as it were.

Excellent stuff Steven!

MR2 headrest suits the seat better, but Corolla headrest will match the ones in the rear. Hmm....

Really glad I changed my front seats, made such a real difference when pushing on and also on track. Want to recover mine, with original covers if possible, or have the rear bench done at the same time in a similar fabric, but had quotes locally that have been outrageous and that I just can't justify. Not a job I can tackle myself as the Recaros are a bigger seat so not a simple swap as it were.

Thanks Tibs :)

Yes thats the dilema im in now, match headrests but it looks rubbish on the front or keep the MR2 ones and it looks alot better but doesnt match.... Or i have come up with a third plan, get another set of mr2 head rests and see if i can slightly adjust the shape of the bottom to fit the rear seats. We shall see :)

The mr2 seats are slightly bigger from my measurements but not enough to give me a problem as the original fabrics quite stretchy. John with the supercharged E11 has had his done using the original seat covers so i know its possible. Let me see how i get on with these seats (how good they come out) and i maybe able to help you with the retrim in turn for a trade ;)

And oh yes. The standard seats are anything but supporttive when having a blast, so i can imagine how poor they are on track! They are comfy enough for long journeys to be fair though :)

A trade? Intrigued.....

First time on track, before fiiting the Recaros, I spent a lot of time pushing myself away from the inner door trim, or climbing off the handbrake after quicker corners.....wasn't good. Soon had me shopping around with a few ideas in my head.

I know that John had done the swap in his, using original covers, but mine are such a different shape and with odd dimensions that the originals are nowhere near sadly.

Depending on how well i do my fronts, as i would only do it if i could do a top notch job. I cant understand why retrims are so expensive - if you have the original seat covers then all you have to do it copy the originals with thenew material. I can understand the price for a complete one off but its not.

But if i can do a 100% perfect job, id propose for you to get the material to retrim your rear seats to match your front buckets and in exchange for me doing it for you i would have the original SR seat covers as spares for mine. Thats if you were interested and were happy with the quality i had done on my ones.

Johns corolla is most probably the best corolla in the country for both fit and finish. The whole car is so well thought out and so well engineered - as if toyota had produced the car from factory. I didnt even notice the MR2 seats untill he pointed them out. Its an absolute credit to both him and the people he used to build it :)

Johns corolla is most probably the best corolla in the country for both fit and finish. The whole car is so well thought out and so well engineered - as if toyota had produced the car from factory. I didnt even notice the MR2 seats untill he pointed them out. Its an absolute credit to both him and the people he used to build it :)

And I didn't pay him to say that either :rolleyes: B) :lol: :D :P :P

Steve,

My MR2 seats covers were remade with new material except for the coloured inserts, these came from the original Corolla seats. It's good to see that you got MR2 seats, Mine were cloth covered from a MkII MR2 Turbo. I kept the MR2 headrests, to me they look OK.

Last time I saw you I had ordered a new gear stick gaiter for a G6R, that's now on the Corolla and looks good.

John

And I didn't pay him to say that either :rolleyes: B) :lol: :D :P :P

Steve,

My MR2 seats covers were remade with new material except for the coloured inserts, these came from the original Corolla seats. It's good to see that you got MR2 seats, Mine were cloth covered from a MkII MR2 Turbo. I kept the MR2 headrests, to me they look OK.

Last time I saw you I had ordered a new gear stick gaiter for a G6R, that's now on the Corolla and looks good.

John

Its true ;) i was very impressed when i saw it :) i still havent washed mine since we met up :lol:

I miss understood you when i spoke to you, i thought that you had used all the material off the standard seats :rolleyes: i stripped the passanger one down to its main componants today and realised that you must have just used the centres after measuring the material. Ill possibly get them fitted in the car and then see if i can source a simular black material as the standard seats/pay someone else to do them :rolleyes: might be cheeper that way as the seats are already stripped :)

Can i ask what you did with the subframes? They are completely different (i knew this before buying them) but did you use the corolla ones and modify them to the mr2 ones or vice versia?

Also i seem to be missing the belt buckles on both seats. Is there also a plastic cover that goes over where the buckles attach to cover the metal behind? Looking at it i would say that there isnt?

I hope the weather picks up over the next couple of weeks :)

Took a couple of photos of the passanger seat completely stripped down

d17da57a.jpg

Seat base sat in the car to see what sort of modifications are needed to make them fit

3050d77c.jpg

All the metal will be wire wheeled back to bare metal and painted before they are fitted to the car ;)

Going to take my time fitting these, something to keep me going outside of work as im done with the car now untill i convert it to 3sgte.

The other half used some sort of iPhone sketching app to do one of my photos. Have to admit it looks pritty cool :D

670e181a.jpg

[Can i ask what you did with the subframes? They are completely different (i knew this before buying them) but did you use the corolla ones and modify them to the mr2 ones or vice versia?

Also i seem to be missing the belt buckles on both seats. Is there also a plastic cover that goes over where the buckles attach to cover the metal behind? Looking at it i would say that there isnt?

Steve, my subframes are from the MR2 seats but with the fixing brackets from the Corolla seats and a bit of other stuff. The only picture I've got that shows anything is this one (before they were re-covered) but it doesn't show the detail that you need.

MR2%20seats%20before%202%20600.jpg

At the moment the car is covered up ready for the next show, if we get some better weather I'll see if I can get some better pictures. This pic also shows the seat belt buckle but this might be the one from the Corolla - I'm not sure. Not sure if any of this helps :ermm:

John

John thats spot on :thumbsup:

I can see that the lower rail has been drilled out of the mr2 frame and that the corolla ones have been either welded in or pop rivited on from the photo :thumbsup:

The buckle looks to be a corolla one as its longer than the mr2 one - atleast it looks to be the case in the photo. Ill see if my corolla ones bolt in before spending money on the mr2 ones :)

When you have the car out next could you have a quick look at where the seat buckles attach and see if theres a plastic trim around the lower part? I dont think there is but im not 100% sure.

Me and the other half are thinking about attending japfest 2 at donnington, will you also be there?

Decided im going to fit Mk2 MR2 headrests to the rear bench so they match the front seats once there re trimmed.

This is how they look in the rear bench. I have to swop the headrest tubes around as the slots on the metal sliders are on the opposite side for the mr2 heatrests. But thats no problem.

d1fb7f6a.jpg

As you can see they dont look good and dont suit the style of the seat, but ive come up with a plan for them.

I pulled the headrest cover off

1417ee56.jpg

Then marked where i wanted to cut

c6309bc3.jpg

Both sides roughly cut

7fdb7dd0.jpg

Once i way happy with the lines i used a piece of sand paper and a sanding block to smooth out the edges and give it some curves.

9894c984.jpg

956e54d7.jpg

Old vs new

2ee2fea9.jpg

Happy that both sides were exactly the same i fitted it on the car to see what itll look like once i get the material to retrim it.

24b17cb4.jpg

c6e02f14.jpg

Should look sweet when retrimmed with the mr2 seats in :) makes the rear bench look more "buckety" i think

Went to Japfest 2 at donnington yesterday, was abit worried about the weather and flooding as it was a 6 hour 400mile round trip for us. The car got there faultlessly (didnt expect anything less tbh) and returned 40mpg even with me doing a steady 80 on the motorway. The weather was absolutely fantastic and the show was the best ive ever been too :D

Paid £10 to have a passanger ride in a D1 drift car, my partner got the white japspeed s13 while i got the black R32 skyline.

5ca113ae.jpg

c81fbe9c.jpg

bbeeb4be.jpg

What an experience it was as these guys really do push the cars! It was well worth the 3 hour wait and is a memery i shall cherrish for a long time :D

We also paid £10 for a passanger ride in a fwd rally sukuzi swift that went around on a gravel curcuit on the infield of the main curcuit - this was great fun too!

ab65e58d.jpg

The show was amazing, some real nice cars out on track - alot more selection and were a hell of a lot faster than the ones that go on track at combe. There was a red pulsar GTI-R that had a HUGE turbo on it and boy was it loud, sounding like a plane taking off when it came on boost. There was loads of turbo civics and some big power starlets/glanzas battling out on track and it was great fun to watch. I will deffenately be going again next year!

Bought a photo of my car from the stand as it was taken at the entrance. Wish i washed it before going but the weathers been so poor i havent been able too :(

d888ee9c.jpg

Still came out ok though :)

After stripping down the drivers seat i wasnt really happy with the condition of the foam, plus getting two new headrests would have cost me the same as getting two full seats, so i did just that.

Picked up a set of perfect mk2 mr2 cloth seats for £30 that were a 2minute drive away.

c8c01d5f.jpg

Stripped the top cover off to make sure the drivers bolster was fine - which it was

634ab012.jpg

Also managed to get a spare 17" TTE alloy with 4 spare TTE centre caps from a G6R that had been involved in a heavy front accident. The other 3 alloys were mangled in the crash unfortently. These came all the way from hungry :o

a099dad5.jpg

The wheels had some bad kerbing done to it but as a spare that will spend most of its life in the boot im really not bothered. I did however manage to get the sideskirts off it too as these survived, but havent turned up yet. The seat belts were cut to free the passangers :(

Got other parts lined up (no TTE bit yet tho :() ill post them up as they arrive :)

Red G6R sideskirts turned up all the way for hungry :D got them fitted and gave the car a clean :)

c7a41952.jpg

0fce0ed3.jpg

325d5875.jpg

9ef91abe.jpg

How much better does that look?! :D

One for the yellow JDM fog light lovers ;)

bebc9110.jpg

Ohhhh yess. Looking good dude. I need a driver side fog so i can do jdm yellow too! Just noticed the wind deflectors sweeet.

Ohhhh yess. Looking good dude. I need a driver side fog so i can do jdm yellow too! Just noticed the wind deflectors sweeet.

Smashed is it? There damn expensive to replace and so hard to get old of second hand! I had to buy a complete set to replace my cracked passanger one as it bugged me :rolleyes:

Ive got kobo 100w yellow bulbs for all my driving lights (dipped, main and fogs) they look stunning at night. Its a shame that my camrea doesnt show how yellow they are in real life :/

Yes the wind deflectors were one of the first things i put on the car when i got it, there team heko ones. Great for having the window open on the motorway as its silent, no masses of wind noise ;)

Yea some how smashed it. Tell me about it i cant find any second hand! I think wind deflectors are next on my list......if i can get my digital speedo working and ticked off the list first! Hehe!

Another "HUGE" part to the 3sgte conversion

0f8c8c84.jpg

complete with braided hoses and new pads ;)

Met kev off here to get a TRD 3 point strut brace. Nice meeting you mate, have some serious thinking to do about where i want to go with the car after our conversation!

Anyway, standard SR TTE one vs the TRD one

e8844c9b.jpg

And fitted to the car

b5e3c939.jpg

Also got a black leather with red stitching cover for the centre console

53dd1ff0.jpg

Not a perfect match to the SR gear gaitor but its damn close :)

cd3a80c3.jpg

Big clue written one the face of them ;)

nice :) i thougt celica only came with 2 piston like the mr2.... standard Celica or gt4 - cs ? should provide some serious stopping power,

do you need custom bounting brackets?

There off a ST205 celica, standard fitment on them. The ST165 and ST185 and MR2s came with 2 pots yes :) there huge so yes itll hopefully stop very well :D

You can fit them to the standard hubs but the holes on the hub need to be drilled out to m14 IIRC and tapped for a thread. The st205 disc needs to be then drilled out to 4x100 (celica is 5x100) and then taken down from 315mm too 305mm to fit.

As im planning a full 3sgte with 4wd, the rear celica gt4 discs are 315mm too, so it would look odd with the fronts being smaller than the rear at 305mm. So im going to make up a bracket to sit the caliper out 10mm further (or modify the hub which evers easier) so i can run the full 315mm at the front ;)

Well thats the plan anway :rolleyes:

You could use the Celica hub with the 3sgte as with 4wd the rear will be 5x100 [so the TTE wheels will be for sale then?].

4x100 rear options are E10 GXI, E11 G6R, E12 T Sport - all can be made to fit [s**t, you keep the TTE's].

What is the thickness of the GT4 disc?

Kev.

Kev, im searching frantically atm to find the same set of 17" TTE wheels in a 5x100 fitment to make life easier for me.

With the conversion i would keep the standard corolla front hubs/suspension/arbs etc. the celica st205 was SS so its not possible to use the front suspension off one, plus there damn expensive to replace. The ST185 used mcpherson struts on the front so i can use the complete hub assembly on the corolla or fitt the 5x100 into the corolla hub (thats what the irish conversion has) and this is what they done on the WRC cars.

Another option i can use is to have a set of PCD adaptors made up so i can use the 5 stud hubs for the standard discs to fit, and then itll convert it to 4x100 using the adaptors allowing me to use the TTE wheels i have. This is a little bit pikey but the VW boys seem to use them with no issues. The TTE wheels i have are now a set of 5 so id like to keep them if i can, but if i got a set of 5x100s then yes id sell them on.

The celica front discs are 32mm thick at the front which makes custom rotors and bells an easy option for the front to remain 4x100, but the rears are 315mm x 17mm which nothing aftermarket could replicate. Ive searched brake books for hours and nothing even comes close in a 4x100 arrangement..... So a 4x100 adaptor Is my best idea here atm

Sorted another little thing that bugged me, since i got the g6r red seat belts the drivers side round clip that stops the belt was broken.

2e66c06e.jpg

c9fe10ee.jpg

So poped out one front my black seats using an allen key as a punch

dea13b29.jpg

And fitted them in

2f1c1d30.jpg

c0fb26d4.jpg

Thats more like it :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links