Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Weirdness Happening

gordypix

Wondering if anyone has experienced any of the following or can shed some light on solutions please:

Celica' "Door Open" light on dashboard flashing ON & OFF repeatedly whilst driving.

Interior light coming ON & OFF when it shouldn't be.

Car Alarm goes off when it feels like it (when parked).

Is this a FUSE thing or something more sinister?

AND ALSO

When turning the steering wheel to the right there is a whining noise but NOT when turning to the left?

Any ideas here?

Cheers Y'all,

Gordy.

I would say the first 3 are linked , the car thinks there is a door open hence the alarm hence the light coming on and hence the dash light.

if you look on the pillar when you open each door there is a microswitch held on with a 10mm bolt, try replacing 1 or both of these.

you might be able to eliminate them by pressing them in with your finger to see if the light goes off.

I would say the first 3 are linked , the car thinks there is a door open hence the alarm hence the light coming on and hence the dash light.

if you look on the pillar when you open each door there is a microswitch held on with a 10mm bolt, try replacing 1 or both of these.

you might be able to eliminate them by pressing them in with your finger to see if the light goes off.

Yeah, I figured the three would be connected but had no idea why lol.

Cheers - I will check the switch out.

Right the alarm going off could be due to a door not shut/not detected as shut, or its normally due to metal items being left in the cup holders.

Make sure your boot is shut properly also.

As for the whining noise that may probably be the power steering. when was the fluid last changed?

Right the alarm going off could be due to a door not shut/not detected as shut, or its normally due to metal items being left in the cup holders.

As for the whining noise that may probably be the power steering. when was the fluid last changed?

Its nothing with the cup holder, of that I'm sure. Must be something preventing the door being detected as shut.

Not sure when the fluid was last changed. Will have a look, cheers.

Its nothing with the cup holder, of that I'm sure. Must be something preventing the door being detected as shut.

Not sure when the fluid was last changed. Will have a look, cheers.

The alarms on these are prone to going of with keys/coins/screws or anything metal being left in the cup holders by the armrest, hence why I mentioned it.

As its not that, it's got to be either a door not shutting properly. Or saying that, the alarm senstivity sensor may have been set to a too high sensitivity setting. The sensor is located under the center console bit. Removing the gearstick surround should give you just enough access.

Why would leaving metal objects in the cup holders have any bearing upon the alarm? Just curious :)

KP

No one really knows, but I can vouch for it happening to me more than once, plus numerous other Gen 7 owners.

• 2 weeks later...

Sensor is under centre tunnel console near the cup holders and alarm loom travels down must cause some interference to it.

Why would leaving metal objects in the cup holders have any bearing upon the alarm? Just curious :)

KP

No one really knows, but I can vouch for it happening to me more than once, plus numerous other Gen 7 owners.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links