Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trolls Beware!

Grumpy Cabbie

I saw the following article and just HAD to post something on here after my absense;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14898564

One particular section of this article might be or use for the moderators on this forum "The answer is for newspaper websites and online forums to employ sufficient moderators to prevent the comments spiralling into petty vendettas, he says."

Might consider popping back full time if this sites moderators take note :)

p.s. hope you all had a great summer

• Like 1

Welcome back Grumpy, you've been missed.

In general, the best thing to do with trolls is to ignore them completely. Click the Report button to let the mods know, but don't answer. Feeding just encourages them.

Might consider popping back full time if this sites moderators take note :)

Hey Grumps what have I missed, hope it wasn`t owt I said ? ;)

Hey Grumpy you old bug*er welcome back mate... Your pithy and succinct comments have been missed :yahoo:

• Like 1

Good to hear from you again - please stick around.

Ignore the to**ers !!

David

Crikey we have missed you on this forum Grumpy. Hope you are back for good. Have you ordered your 7 seater Prius yet?

This gets really annoying...

1. Mod bashing... again, it's why I got sick of this forum and stopped posting so much.

2. What has this topic got to do with the Toyota Hybrid/Prius? This sort of topic should be in general discussions, but no.. no-one uses it, instead they post on their own marque forum even although it is completely irrelevant to the section. If the members of this club used the forums the way they were designed to be we could find that meets would be better attended as we might just get to know other members from other parts of the forum.. but thats just too much to ask.. isn't it.

So instead of having a go at the moderators.. use the forums properly and make it easier for them... just a suggestion.

• Like 1

1. Mod bashing... again, it's why I got sick of this forum and stopped posting so much.

2. What has this topic got to do with the Toyota Hybrid/Prius? This sort of topic should be in general discussions, but no.. no-one uses it, instead they post on their own marque forum even although it is completely irrelevant to the section. If the members of this club used the forums the way they were designed to be we could find that meets would be better attended as we might just get to know other members from other parts of the forum.. but thats just too much to ask.. isn't it.

So instead of having a go at the moderators.. use the forums properly and make it easier for them... just a suggestion.

Well said Davey!

It's not easy being a moderator on here or any forum, so it is appreciated if members post in the right section

To make it easier for you I have used my "Special Powers" and moved this discussion to "General" :D

• Like 1

Nicely put Davey :thumbsup: Now what is it we may call someone who lurks around forums posting up stuff that is not relevant ;)

• Like 1

....my "Special Powers"....

Hey Steve.... do your powers extend to being able to get me a new car without costing me a penny :huh:

Hey Steve.... do your powers extend to being able to get me a new car without costing me a penny :huh:

Yes Steve......

It works like this.....

You PM me your full bank account number, Sort Code etc

And I will see if I can transfer some funds for you!

simple really!................Would I Lie to you ^_^

Yes Steve......

It works like this.....

You PM me your full bank account number, Sort Code etc

And I will see if I can transfer some funds for you!

simple really!................Would I Lie to you ^_^

PM sent.... :ermm::disgust:.......................................... :nono::lol:

Steve.......Account set up......Funds transferred.......Enjoy your new car :thumbsup:

Anyone else? :blink:

lol oh boy here we go again :!Removed!:

Perhaps my post was not relevant to the Prius but then neither were the last half dozen posts. :no:

• Like 1

lol oh boy here we go again :shutit:

Perhaps my post was not relevant to the Prius but then neither were the last half dozen posts. :no:

That is why your post was moved into General Discussions :shutit:

Just ignore 'em Grumpy, after all, children will be etc.... :thumbsup:

Mind you, being an administrator of another forum, I can appreciate that Mods do come in for some stick, some deserved but most not. They do have a fine line to walk sometimes...

• Like 1

Well I found this while browsing the Hybrid forum, so the forum mods (or the software) must have put a link in to say the thread was there but had been moved. Glad they did.

Welcome back Grumpy Cabbie. I appreciated your posts on the Hybrid forum. I hope to see more on there. :toast:

I read the comments from various people about aggro but really have no clue what that's about and I'm not asking. From what I have seen on other forums I know that things can escalate and get personal, especially if posts are misinterpreted. I am old enough to remember the Net concept of "Flame Wars". :wacko:

If that nastiness happens then the Mods (those nice, hard working people) sometimes have to jump in, remind people of the forum rules / Netiquette and (if necessary) use the Naughty Step. As Jan&Tone said, it's a fine line and we may not always manage to stay on it. T'was ever so on lots of different forums. But in general, it works well.

Let's play nice on here. :lol:

Like life, there are lots of people on here who I would gladly buy a pint and have an evening out with, however, there are some t0ssers, just like the ones you find in the doorway of the pub at kicking out time saying "who are you looking at" :lol: Those t0ssers operate under the excuse of "sorry officer I was drunk" or hide behind their keyboards, in the cold light of day, they would never speak to you like that face to face. Ive taken some right stick because I try to give a balanced view, the view from the dealers side, something which is very rare on this forum. Does it bother me to get slated? Well it used to when I first started on here but now? Not a chance, there is always that big red cross in the top right hand corner, if I dont like what somebody says then I ignore that post and move on to have a discussion with someone I would like a pint with :beer:

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Like life, there are lots of people on here who I would gladly buy a pint and have an evening out with, however, there are some t0ssers, just like the ones you find in the doorway of the pub at kicking out time saying "who are you looking at" :lol: Those t0ssers operate under the excuse of "sorry officer I was drunk" or hide behind their keyboards, in the cold light of day, they would never speak to you like that face to face. Ive taken some right stick because I try to give a balanced view, the view from the dealers side, something which is very rare on this forum. Does it bother me to get slated? Well it used to when I first started on here but now? Not a chance, there is always that big red cross in the top right hand corner, if I dont like what somebody says then I ignore that post and move on to have a discussion with someone I would like a pint with :beer:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well said Kingo.... I've noticed some of the more 'vociferous' posters are being quiet at the moment too - I wonder if they've been warned off?

GRUMPY. Do not be concerned, it is good to see you posting again no matter no matter where it was posted. You were a main contributor to the Prius forum and posted a lot of sense on Prius matters with a mixture of humour. Personally I think your post was very relevant to this forum. I would not have seen in it in General. I am sure there must be others who think as I do. Hope you keep putting your views on the Prius forum.

GRUMPY. Do not be concerned, it is good to see you posting again no matter no matter where it was posted. You were a main contributor to the Prius forum and posted a lot of sense on Prius matters with a mixture of humour. Personally I think your post was very relevant to this forum. I would not have seen in it in General. I am sure there must be others who think as I do. Hope you keep putting your views on this forum.

WHS - I don't read any other forum. Cheers Grumpy.

lol oh boy here we go again :shutit:

:help::lol::thumbsup:

Grumpy Cabbie

Welcome back :yes:

Lifes too short to allow trolls get in the way, as has been said already - the best thing is to ignore them :toast: .

Is the black Prius still going well for you (ive read your posts on the Prius forum), hope the taxi business is going better over there then it is here in Ireland.

Red diesel

I get a fair bit of shit from just one or two members on my Forum, and when it is just posting stuff like this to bait them it gets pretty lame to be honest. I have no issue with someone mouthing off because I have done something wrong or offended someone, but don't just return to a forum to say it's shite.

Just stop coming here if you don't like it... guess who did that?.... ME! And I dip in when I think it's ok to pop me head above the parapet :lol: And with the likes of Raistlin such an opportunity doesn't come very often!

KP