Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tps Nemesis!

suprafast21

I jus bought a tps for my mk3 since i been getting that engine code, and when i switched the sensors im still getting the same code! :censor: Is there something that i did wrong or something im suppose 2 do when i put it on? is this tps important to fix? this is really getting on my nerves can any 1 help me with this? thanks :help:

You might want to check if there is any dust in the plug or with a volt meter

check if some come in and get out.The tps is like a potentiometer the more

you`ll open the throttle the closer you`ll get to 1 volt. :thumbsup:

aww i dont have a volt meter, but imma check check the plug 1st thing tomm morning..oo and do i have 2 set the tps by messing with the idle speed or something?

sorry not to familar with this kind of stuff.. but i apperciate the help!! thanks

I don't see where you reset the computer to get read of the code in the first palce after replacing the thing.

If you have not reset it, it will not go away.

yea i reset it by unhooking the Battery and left it like that for a couple of minutes..and i cleaned the plug and the light still comes on..any other ideas? u guys think it could be my engine wires or sumting else?

The TPS hooks to a butterfly flap in the throttle body. If that flap is not moving free it will case problems. Pull the hose off coming from the air filter and look inside at the flap. You can move it with your fingures to see how freely it moves and retruns back to closed.

Sometimes stuff will build up there, stopping it from moving freely.

yea i did notice that my throttle bottle needs a clean up, theres like gunk surrounding the flap, imma buy the right chemicals to clean that up. hopefully this works, thanks a lot.

problem cured, i jus unplugged the sensor and plugged it back on when i had the engine diagnostic program on, and it went away. Now i jus have to get rid of #52 which is really stealing HP from me. thanks for all the help!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links