Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What A S**t Day

mr-p

not having the best of days at all!!! pulled up at some traffic waiting for the lights to change with the whole family in the car and whack got a hit from behind!!! thought what the f**k lol whats happened? turns out the guy behind me was playing with his stupid sat nav and hit me doing around 25mph and pushed me into the car in front ! soooo ****** off luckly theres not that much cosmetic damage and im hoping its not creased the rear floor or something! oh well sh*t happens and at least ill have a nice shiney corolla soon :thumbsup::crybaby:

DSCF4289.jpg

DSCF4291.jpg

DSCF4292.jpg

DSCF4293.jpg

DSCF4295.jpg

DSCF4296.jpg

DSCF4298.jpg

Hi,

Ouch, not nice !

Can see the damage on pics 3,4 & 5 but not sure where it is on pics 1 and pic 2 looks more like a scuff on the n/s wing ?

Hope the other driver was fully insured ? - though the damage may seem relatively slight, assuming there is nothing more serious underneath, you will be surprised how much the insurance assessors will say its going to cost to repair and the cost of a hire car for you while its being done; be careful there.

Also make sure you know what guarantee the paint shop gives, had my old Avensis bumper replaced but about 18 months later everytime it was washed some more paint came off in hand sized patches - looked like they had not primed it properly.

pic 1 and 2 was the dent in the rear bumper and for some reason its pushed the fuel cap out so it dont fit flush? im fully comp with a car included so am lucky there and yeah he was fully insured so again lucky there to. im going to get them to take it to toyota or if they wont am going to make sure they use oe parts at least. soo ****** off just got it looking really clean and nice :crybaby:

Thats gutting mate, I'd be well ****** if it happened to me... i'd make sure there was a claim put in for whiplash for my troubles if it happened to me!!! :thumbsup:

Thats gutting mate, I'd be well ****** if it happened to me... i'd make sure there was a claim put in for whiplash for my troubles if it happened to me!!! :thumbsup:

and you complain when you get raped for insurance :lol:

im fully comp with a car included so am lucky there and yeah he was fully insured so again lucky there to.

Expect they will only let you have one for free for 14 days, there after they charge and the costs hopefully recovered from the other party otherwise you have to pay.

im going to get them to take it to toyota or if they wont am going to make sure they use oe parts at least. soo ****** off just got it looking really clean and nice :crybaby:

Usually they have a choice of two or three local Approved repairers where the costs and time are inflated beyond belief - thats all part of the insurance gravy train - just that you don't get anything other than grief and delays .. or was I just unlucky - I think not !

reidy

and you complain when you get raped for insurance :lol:

Ditto that, plus isn't it incitement to fraud ..... bread and water for 10 years at HMs pleasure ! :lol:

ha thats why we have insurance ( i only pay 500 odd quid fully comp) lol im not to fussed about claiming was more worried because i had my 8 month old in the car at the time ! and the parents and the miss´s :crybaby: , will be sorted soon just gutted its happened! was looking well nice and going really well and i have just sold my fez so was going to buy some bits!! cheers though guys :thumbsup:

If you read your insurance policy booklet,they will have hidden somewhere in it that you can take your car to a repairer of your own choice. My policy says I would have to get 2 quotes. Don't let the insurance company push you around, take your car to whoever you trust to do a good job. The 'approved repairers' my insurance company uses, well its a dump to be honest, :angry:. If you want to take your car to Toyota,go ahead,thats what I would do. Insurance companies like to use aftermarket parts, and even reconditioned parts,anything to save themselves a few pounds. As for getting a courtesy car from the insurance company, they'll only give you one if you use their 'approved' repairers.

If you read your insurance policy booklet,they will have hidden somewhere in it that you can take your car to a repairer of your own choice. My policy says I would have to get 2 quotes. Don't let the insurance company push you around, take your car to whoever you trust to do a good job. The 'approved repairers' my insurance company uses, well its a dump to be honest, :angry:. If you want to take your car to Toyota,go ahead,thats what I would do. Insurance companies like to use aftermarket parts, and even reconditioned parts,anything to save themselves a few pounds. As for getting a courtesy car from the insurance company, they'll only give you one if you use their 'approved' repairers.

will have to have a look into that :thumbsup: i know a few places i can take it being in the trade im quite lucky and know they will do a good job. really only want it to go to toyota so they use oe parts that all line up properly. courtesy car would be handy but if they say ill only get one if i use their repairer ill just walk to work lol rather that than my car being taken to a shoddy bodyshop for the sake of a courtsey car lol thanks everyone for the help :thumbsup:

Yeh can we not promote insurance fraud =/ Thats part the reason everyone complains about their insurance premiums.

Yeh can we not promote insurance fraud =/ Thats part the reason everyone complains about their insurance premiums.

Get with the real world, like it or not 99% of the population if they got hit from behind would claim it's a fact of life.

Get with the real world, like it or not 99% of the population if they got hit from behind would claim it's a fact of life.

I'm part of the real world mate, my job was to investigate those claims... just because people are doing it doesnt make it right! People shop lift on a daily basis, does it mean I should walk into tesco and steal a loaf of bread because other people are doing it? You may see it as 'getting what your owed' but your defrauding an insurer... not sure if you'd have the same attitude if you were in front of a Judge with charges of Fraud.

In case you want a definition of fraud

"Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain"

25mph is fast enough to bend the floor.

Lift your carpets up and have a look. Given that your petrol cap is now pinging out, it looks like the interior panel may be bent.

lol this threads getting all serious :yahoo:

Have you had a look underneath at the floor plan.. and under the boot carpet ?

no not yet mate just put my sound system in so got to strip it all out and have a look, hopefully nothings creased or bent!? going to have a good look tomorrow get it jacked up and check it all out but from the quick look im going to need new front and rear bumpers, bonnet, exhausts a bit wonky, n/s/r quater is a bit bent, n/s/r door rattles when its closed lol thats just fronm what i can see outside. could have been worse :thumbsup:

25mph is fast enough to bend the floor.

Lift your carpets up and have a look. Given that your petrol cap is now pinging out, it looks like the interior panel may be bent.

thats what im thinking mate :crybaby:

I'm part of the real world mate, my job was to investigate those claims... just because people are doing it doesnt make it right! People shop lift on a daily basis, does it mean I should walk into tesco and steal a loaf of bread because other people are doing it? You may see it as 'getting what your owed' but your defrauding an insurer... not sure if you'd have the same attitude if you were in front of a Judge with charges of Fraud.

"Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain"

What a looser you are... never did I say it was wright nor wrong, it happens and thats that. No point crying about it.

Who do you think you would be doing a favour if you had an accident and didn't claim? You wont be getting everyone else cheaper insurance, insurance companies will rape you for insurance either way. I'd gaurantee if it were the other way around and you caused an accident the other person would claim!.People are to quick to shoot people down on this forum, for what? saying what happens in the real world.

What a looser you are... never did I say it was wright nor wrong, it happens and thats that. No point crying about it.

Who do you think you would be doing a favour if you had an accident and didn't claim? You wont be getting everyone else cheaper insurance, insurance companies will rape you for insurance either way. I'd gaurantee if it were the other way around and you caused an accident the other person would claim!.People are to quick to shoot people down on this forum, for what? saying what happens in the real world.

If everyone didnt have the mentality of 'Oh lets just claim for whiplash' then yes your insurance would go down... The fact that you have the mentality of saying 'Ahh lets just claim for an injury I dont have to make a few quid' then of course its going to affect your insurance because your hardly helping the situation.

Call me a loser all you want buddy, doesnt bother me =]

If everyone didnt have the mentality of 'Oh lets just claim for whiplash' then yes your insurance would go down... The fact that you have the mentality of saying 'Ahh lets just claim for an injury I dont have to make a few quid' then of course its going to affect your insurance because your hardly helping the situation.

Call me a loser all you want buddy, doesnt bother me =]

It's ok saying that if everyone didn't have the same mentally ect... but they have, it's a fact, thats the way society is today.

In a perfect world where everyone was completely open and honest I would agree intirely with you :thumbsup: . It just isn't like that is it.

This thread has gone wildly "Off Topic"

Adam-Up......Please realise that you are " out of order" to be promoting breaking UK law on the TOC forum

Your personal insults to other forum users is also not appreciated.

To all

Please try to play nicely on the forum and remain on topic, or this thread will be closed!

There is no point in second guessing what damage has been caused or what is repairable - leave it up to an expert body shop to ascertain. Having worked in the motor trade it is surprising how little superficial damage can hide a host of problems. The car needs to be inspected on a ramp and if necessary the body alignment checked out using the appropriate equipment.

At the end of the day it's only a car - a piece of plastic and metal which we get to use for a short while and pay dearly for it but there are more important things in life to be concerned about.

Adam-Up......Please realise that you are " out of order" to be promoting breaking UK law on the TOC forum

To all

Please try to play nicely on the forum and remain on topic, or this thread will be closed!

^^^^^^ yeah that lol

on a lighter note hopefully be getting a phone call monday to get the ball rolling and get some quotes on how much its going to cost to put right :thumbsup:

To all

Im not promoting anything, just saying it like it is...

It was hardly an insult, im sure they wont loose any sleep over it B)

Point noted though, I wont comment any further. :thumbsup: