Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Alarm!

mathpac

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else gets the same problem.

Basically my cars alarm has a mind of it's own, its in constant need of attention! Lol.

Can't find anything that would make it go off really, rain or shine, night or day. Just random.....

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys :D

Might want the sensivity reducing, I believe this can be done by messing with something behind the interior light. Have a search, this has been covered millions of times :thumbsup:

Cheers pal, I'll have a look around. Just does my head in ya know. But made it into a joke with my housemates "matt...ur missus needs ur attention again!" :D

Like havin a missus really, she needs my attention, and takes all my money! Lol

My alarm doesn't like microwave ovens, use a microwave within 20ft and its going off :lol:

Awesome,

Having never had a problem with my alarm i read this post about an hour ago, then found my alarm to being off constantly while cooking my curry.

Microwaves, bl**dy things.

bluetooth is also a common occurrence.

You cannot change the microwave sensitivity of the post facelift car alarms, it is fixed.

The other one to have a look at is the bonnet switch.

Haha, my flat mate cooked a microwave meal earlier and guess what....yup! My girl was crying out for attention :D

Cheers mr-p , I just took a quick look at that now, am I right saying that it shows how to fix the alarm ? I'll have another look in a bit. I guess tho if everyone else is having a similar problem , I'm not alone on this then haha.

Also what's the bonnet switch nrgizerbunny? If there's anything I can tweak under there so it's not so sensative then I would lol

Hey....that PDF website is great! Never saw that before, some interesting things on it man. I think I'll deffo need to check the oil in the s/c soon, but now I know how.....*smiling cheekly* :)

Also what's the bonnet switch nrgizerbunny? If there's anything I can tweak under there so it's not so sensative then I would lol

there is a bonnet switch located towards the back of the engine bay on the firewall, this depresses when the bonnet comes down. You may have to bend the bracket slightly to make sure it depresses. When a temperature change occurs, the switch often contacts and the alarm goes off. You could also disconnect it and leave it for a while, to isolate the fault.

Does the alarm still work tho nath? I don't want to completely disable the alarm lol some thieving mug would a good time in my compressor I bet if they knew the alarm didn't work :P

yeah, its been known to go off....I done something with pressing the door lock switch a few times, it might have been the microwave sensor?! if i park in direct sunlight i tend to just lock the car with the key instead of remote....

if you want to disable the microwave sensor, open the drivers door, move the button from lock to unlock 6 times, the security light will flash. Shut the door and press the lock button on your remote. job done.

if you want to disable the microwave sensor, open the drivers door, move the button from lock to unlock 6 times, the security light will flash. Shut the door and press the lock button on your remote. job done.

Hi guys,

a new member here. I have had my T Sport (first ever Toyota) for 3 months now, and the problems you guiys have mentioned above are exactly what I am experiencing.

What is the microwave sensor for? - security wise?

I have just done the trick you menioned above to turn it off to see if it helps as my neighbours and I are also getting ****** off.

How would I go about turning it back on?

I look forward to any replies, and any replies would be greatly appreciated.

As said on the dark side, the microwave sensor provides perimeter/movement detection within the car itself. If you turn it off the alarm will only activate if a door or the bonnet is opened

I was advised that the same operation again would enable the microwave sensor but this didnt work.

I basically did the procedure again and sat in the car, then locked and moved about, and the alarm did not go off.

Any ideas as to how I can turn the microwave sensor back on?

FYI, if anyone else is having a problem with their alarm, nrgizerbunny has advised the following:

"if you want to disable the microwave sensor, open the drivers door, move the button from lock to unlock 6 times, the security light will flash. Shut the door and press the lock button on your remote. job done. "

& if you want to turn the sensor back on:

"it should just come back on when you arm the car with the key"

Thanks nrgizerbunny, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links