Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brakes

Skute

Hey all,

My brakes are making a horrible nasty high pitched noise when im driving every now and again. A hard slam of the breaks normally stops it for a short while but i have the feeling something is gonna need replacing soon :unsure:

Anyways, what would you recommend for a braking system rather than the standard discs at front and drums at back? Red calipres would be nice haha.

Cheers

Apparently i was running metal on metal on my front brakes which messed them up.

Ive been quoted £207 for new front discs + pads (vented discs or something).

Seems a little high to me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Does anyone know how much it would cost to replace the old drum brakes at the back with a disc setup?

Im not getting the work done at a toyota dealer, i would imagine their price would be substantially higher!

Oh well, guess this is a lesson. Next time you hear strange noises from your wheels, stop and check it out.

Talk to Fensport. They should have what you're looking for. Let me tell you, the rear disc swap is well worth it, even if just for ease of maintenance. Too many people here are interested in it only for the vanity, but I did it for the performance benefits (i.e., all four contact patches being put to good use under braking instead of just the front two). Which explains the bright rust coloured rotors! :rolleyes:

Mum's 52 plate corolla was squeaking from brakes so we assumed needed new pads.

Went in for a service and we assumed they'd look at brakes and change what needed doing but they didn't. We also noticed another noice while drivng and not actuall braking. Went to garage about this who said we needed new discs and pads (after 20k miles) and that they wouldn't do it under warranty.

Needing new discs sounded odd and we battled and they eventually decided to do it under warranty.

The problem is still there though :ffs: Any ideas what it could be?

Also there is a horrible kind of whining sound when reversing up inclines which they refuse to acknowledge, and recently the front passenger seat has started to squeak loads and sometimes wont lock into position. We live 20 miles from the dealer and all these trips in are costing a fortune.

• 1 year later...
Mum's 52 plate corolla was squeaking from brakes so we assumed needed new pads.

Went in for a service and we assumed they'd look at brakes and change what needed doing but they didn't. We also noticed another noice while drivng and not actuall braking. Went to garage about this who said we needed new discs and pads (after 20k miles) and that they wouldn't do it under warranty.

Needing new discs sounded odd and we battled and they eventually decided to do it under warranty.

The problem is still there though  :ffs: Any ideas what it could be?

<---cut--->

Did you get this resolved? I've a 04 plate Corolla and my brakes are squeaking. In with the dealer now and they are saying they need to strip the brake assembly etc.. won't do it under warranty as they are saying it is normal wear and tear. Normal wear and tear?! The car only has 11k on the clock.

Anyone any ideas?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links