Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This Normal?

Thrawn60

Hi all,

I had caught myself in different situations, thinking strange thoughts and pondering is there was something wrong with my Prius.

Do you....

1. Find yourself my eyes glues to the consumption indicator, to ensure that you will not spend one milligram too much fuel to get down the road?

2. Find yourself, while driving with open windows, thinking that is something wrong with your Prius since it makes a whining noise when in EV, just to get chocked by the loud noise from some ordinary car in idle, where you can hear the fan running like a jumbo jet?

3. Find yourself, trying to start a rental/borrowed car, but lack to find the power button, and/or been pulling like a crazy man, due to the fact that you need a key/push a button to unlock the doors?

4. Find yourself, talking about how many mile you get per gallon, where you used to talk about how much power was spewed out of your "way to big engine for normal driving" car?

5. Finding that you are unknowingly becoming a bit more "Green", finding alternative energy, solar power, and electric/hybrid car development very interesting

6. Finding out that all those forums that said "You can't score with a Prius" are very very wrong, and you have never got so many offers from cute girls as now?

These are some of the changes I can see in me and my surroundings since I got my Prius, I hope this is normal otherwise I might have to trade in the Prius with a second hand first generation Hummer or Range rover 4.6 HSE.. :)

And then the last bit from Thailand, since I purchased my Prius as the second one in Hua Hin there are now more than 15 on the streets there. Bangkok is becoming the capital of Prius(Not quite, but getting there), just alone in the condo I have here, there are 3 parked in the garage... and daily I see many on the roads.

IF any get offended from this post, I apologize since this was meant to be kinda funny, but also quite true :)

Michael

All quite normal :thumbsup:

Second thoughts. Not too sure about number 6. I get offers from cute girls but they are usually giving me their seat on the bus. Is that what you meant? :unsure:

heheh not quite, but it seems that green and hybrid is catching on here, like big Mercedes and BMW used to do. Well at least here anyway :)

All sounds normal - again, apart from number 6 :(

As to Bangkok being the capital for Prius - try Toronto or Vancouver - every other car in Vancouver is a Prius or other Toyota Hybrid!

All sounds normal - again, apart from number 6 :(

As to Bangkok being the capital for Prius - try Toronto or Vancouver - every other car in Vancouver is a Prius or other Toyota Hybrid!

Well that is a bit more than here hehe, but still the Prius has only been here for almost a year, so sure it will be around Toronto or Vancouver soon, or maybe just me hoping to see the sun again behind the permanent cloud cover from the exhausts, and the hear the bird in a traffic jam instead of huffing and puffing of cars trying to stay cool.

Yep, all normal.

Check out this thread: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128466 you will find some common themes.

Oh and number 6 is a yes from me, I came out of church just after I got my car and discovered it was a surrounded by a bevy of admiring females*. :yes:

However I am a happily married man so won't let it go to my head. :D

R04drunner1

* Even more impressively, my last Toyota (10 years ago) was a brand new, shiny, chilli red Celica Gen 7. Now that car really did attract admiring attention from the babes. B)

Ah well I think by the responses it proves I am abnormal :)

No to all :)

Sawatdee Khap, Michael.

I will be in Thailand in November, hope to see a few Prius on the road, but I doubt if they will ever out-number the humble Vios !

I am on my second Prius, I had a second generation and now the latest model for 2 years and still find I am looking at the fuel consumption all the time.

I did the same with the car I had between the 2 Prius, that was a 6.1 L Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, but that was a horrible experience as it averaged 14.7 miles per gallon on 98 Octane Super Unleaded.

6. Finding out that all those forums that said "You can't score with a Prius" are very very wrong, and you have never got so many offers from cute girls as now?

Michael

From an Auris owner's point of view I agree with all your observations except the controversial (6)

When I got my Auris over a year ago I asked my wife's comely hairdresser if she would assist me in evaluating the back seat experience.

I was immediately subjected to a tirade of invective that ended with the quote "should keep him on a lead" to my wife, she then stomped off leaving me to 'hot tongue and cold shoulder' from the wife for the rest of the week. [i took that as a NO].

As regular Auris chaps will appreciate there was no skullduggery intended, as my wife doesn't drive I wanted her hairdresser to drive the car whilst I sat in the back !! :P

So as far as I'm concerned Auris 'pulling power' qualifies for NULL POINTS. :crybaby:

I'm surprised you seem surprised, it is like stating the obvious ;)

Sawatdee Khap, Michael.

I will be in Thailand in November, hope to see a few Prius on the road, but I doubt if they will ever out-number the humble Vios !

I am on my second Prius, I had a second generation and now the latest model for 2 years and still find I am looking at the fuel consumption all the time.

I did the same with the car I had between the 2 Prius, that was a 6.1 L Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, but that was a horrible experience as it averaged 14.7 miles per gallon on 98 Octane Super Unleaded.

Sawadee khrap Khun martswain,

If you come to Bangkok you will see Prius on the roads, I also saw a genII the other day parked here at the condo, but didnt get a hold of the owner though...

I will be back again in November in Thailand after my little trip up north and to India, we should get together if yo like?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links