Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advise On Spraying Rev Counter Please

MccLtd

Hi,

I bought a rev counter of eBay and the plastic surround is greyish/black. I have bought my daughter an Aygo blue so have taken the surround off and used a grey plastic primer on it.

Now I have sprayed it with Lagoon Blue 8M6 Paint and done two coats.

Not having the car yet I have looked at the pictures of the interior and what I have sprayed is way darker blue than that of the car.

Now I have either got the wrong colur made up or should I have used a white primer?

I think the Aygo blue changed color at one time. The first series was Lagoon Blue, the later one Comet Blue I think...

The paint code toyota have told me is 8m6 and I have just taken the paint round to a body shop near me and they checked the colour and said it is 8m6 but looking at my photo of the interior of the car and the blue dash surround my colour is a lot darker.

Can you upload a photo at all?

There have been three different blues since the Aygo Blue was launched. First was Lagoon Blue, then it was Slate Blue (I think?) and then Cayman Blue.

Hi,

Unfortunately I haven't got the car yet as I pick it up this Saturday. Surprise for my daughter

Here are some quick pictures I took of it, sorry that there not that good but I only took them quickly.

Now I'm presuming the light hasn't effected the colour that much in the Sun but when you look at the last picture that is Blue lagoon, not yet lacquered but I cant see it making it much difference lacquering it.

Being this is to match the dash surround I think their going to be a bit different.

6168141773_87d0d6161c.jpg

6168143781_8aa98c02b7.jpg

6168679816_18734129c7.jpg

Just went and had a look at the car and found the blue dash surround is a lighter colour but they don't know the paint code of it

Hi,

I want to paint mine too - is there an easy way to remove the cowl once the rev counter is fitted ?

I know, lazy, but I would rather leave the counter in if possible.

Thanks.

Just the ring on the revv counter or the one on the speedo too?

On the revvcounter is fitted with a bajonet-fitting. Grab hold of the ring and turn

it counter clockwise for about 15º, then lift it straight off of the counter.

The ring around the speedo is clipped onto the black plastic

and can't be removed without removing the black too.