Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lift Has Stopped Working 100 Percent!

b1gpkr001

Lift has stopped working in 1st gear and works weakly in all the others! What do I need to check first? Any help/advise would be good thanks

the vvt-l ocv. .. check my posts, lift went in my comp and the reason nearly cost me the engine.. does it lift or a early rev limiting at 6k rpm?

it mite help, one of my posts call "and now the rubbish part" is a few things to help

It's abit if both seems like it's trying to limit but isn't can hear it sort of holding back and bouncing revs.

What year TS?

If its earlier than 05/03 you may have the old style bolts which were prone to snapping

any noise, tapping? id take the ocv off and check it clicks when you run 12v through it, check the small filter / strainer behind the ocv plate, its a very fine gauze.. maybe run some engine cleaner through the engine before getting the spanners out.

Just went to pick up the little one and tested lift in first and it started to work just not very strong

Update lift has started work again!

What can cause this intermittent problem?

If its completely fine now I'd say your OCV may of been blocked

Best way to keep it clear is to use lift regularly

Worth an oil change and may be abit of a flush?

I rekon take the ocv off, and unbolt and remove the housing get to the filter behind it, its only a inch long and no thicker than a biro... oil only passes one way through it so flush wouldn't help if it was blocked.. just a suggestion.

This happened to my Corolla it engages then would be hesitating throughout the the rest of the rev range once i had done that a few times then it would start working fine for a while then same problem occurs now it doesn't work at all :crybaby: ive cleared the codes a couple of times if i take it above 6k dash lights up like a xmas tree something to do with the OCV and hits the limiter at 7k u think ill have to take the ocv out and see if that mesh filter is full of sludge :drool:

This happened to my Corolla it engages then would be hesitating throughout the the rest of the rev range once i had done that a few times then it would start working fine for a while then same problem occurs now it doesn't work at all :crybaby: ive cleared the codes a couple of times if i take it above 6k dash lights up like a xmas tree something to do with the OCV and hits the limiter at 7k u think ill have to take the ocv out and see if that mesh filter is full of sludge :drool:

just wish mine was that easy, new cam and rocker valves for me, that mesh filter is so fine I'm surprised it let's any oil through

Yeh I saw you! Car needs abit of a wash but that was me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links