Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats Wrong With This Picture? Mechanically Minded People Apply!

vikvallabh82

Dear All,

Please see attached image.

This is the "freeze frame" I got for my itermittent error. Is there something wrong in these parameters. or is it still too vauge?

All help welcome.

post-74340-0-75492800-1316586751_thumb.j

Do you have any other codes stored ? have you made any visually checks on the vehicle ? i.e catalyst condition blocked/damaged/leaks in exhaust system ? O2 sensor operation ?

No other DTCs.

Visually had Kwik FIt check the exhaust they found no leaks (at least none reported) and they reported the exhaust as "solid".

I had the car on an emissions tester at high revs and it passed.

I havent paid anyone to take the O2 sensors off to have a look - mainly because I would (ideally) like to know the o2 sensors are definitley the cause of my problem.

When my car is fully warmed up it sticks around 97'c. The fan kicks in and out at about that mark. Air intake temp is about 30'c, this is when the outside temp was 15-16'c . Car is standard.

Was your car fully warmed up when you ran that scan??

given that it's 15% rich, i'd say you either had a problem with:

1 pre cat O2 sensor (most likely)

2. MAF sensor (likely)

3. Injector issue, possibly the regulator is not lifting (unlikely but can happen)

• Like 1

When my car is fully warmed up it sticks around 97'c. The fan kicks in and out at about that mark. Air intake temp is about 30'c, this is when the outside temp was 15-16'c . Car is standard.

Was your car fully warmed up when you ran that scan??

yep - it wasnt a scan i ran, its the freeze frame from when the fault occurred, the sofware is decent enough to tell me the readings when the error occured.

given that it's 15% rich, i'd say you either had a problem with:

1 pre cat O2 sensor (most likely)

2. MAF sensor (likely)

3. Injector issue, possibly the regulator is not lifting (unlikely but can happen)

PRE cat?? I was under the impression it was the post cat which was causing me trouble..... ok thats a bit more easier then (not much).

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

rest as in the rest of the parameters.

I think I'm gonna go down the o2 sensor route first, it fits in with my local garage who did the emissions test and told me it shouldn't need a new cat if it passed emissions tests.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links