Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is It True?

Renton

My clutch is wearing thin and am going to need it replaced very soon. I have an ST205 jap import. I took down my local Toyota garage and they said the engine will need to be dropped out to change the clutch. Is this true? If so how much am i looking to get it done.

Thanks all

My clutch is wearing thin and am going to need it replaced very soon. I have an ST205 jap import. I took down my local Toyota garage and they said the engine will need to be dropped out to change the clutch. Is this true? If so how much am i looking to get it done.

Thanks all

As far as I know the official Toyota method for clutch change on the GT-Four is to remove the engine.

However last august I had a clutch change done in my old ST185 at Mr Clutch in Tunbridge Wells - they do not remove the engine.

Generally you should be looking at about £500 for a clutch change thats for a stock clutch and labour.

If you decide to use a Mr Clutch be sure to get one that has worked on a GT-Four before and also supply your own clutch as the Mr Clutch standard is a reconditioned unit.

What Toyota would charge I have no idea there have been figures thrown around of circa £1k :eek: