Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloys Will There Be A Massive Difference In Handling With 18`s

Jonny0069

Hi it`s payday tomorrow and have found my wheels and am ready to buy but there is only a 100 pound diffrence between the 18 and 17 inch sizes. I have been told 18`s might make it handle worse if so how much difference will I see will it be a massive or unsafe difference because if it`s only a slight difrence I might get the 18`s.

cheers

I would highly recommend the 17's over the 18's. 18's are only for show, 17's are for go. The 17's will make your car handle far better.

If you went for the 18's and you are keeping the rolling radius the same by using lower profile tyres - you'll notice a much harder harsher ride and unless you have paid out for expensive tyres you'll probably loose grip as there is an optimum for the GT4 and its a 16/17 rim with a tyre sidewall of 40-50.

Im running 16's. Good comfortable ride, lighter, superb handling with plenty of driver feedback and lastly, tyres are cheap in this size. 4 x Kumho Ecsta KU31's in 225/50R16 = £260 fitted inc VAT - Bargain!

Ok thank you what size tyres would yu recomend fr 17`s?

Thank you

I would say 215/45R17 is the closest 17" tyre to the original wheels - this keeps your speedo from reading too much out. 225/45R17 if you want that little extra bit of rubber.

just fitted 18's to my 205 and it has totally messed up the handling.

the car now feels nervous and as before you could drive and control with one hand you now need both hands on the wheel and total concentration if you wanna take a corner fast.

DO NOT FIT 18'S

• 2 weeks later...

That`s not good at all thanks for that 17" for me then :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links