Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replace Or Repair (Advice Needed For A Friend)

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Okay...i've had my own spell of bad luck with my SR having been vandalised/damaged and then having to have it resprayed which never leaves it looking/feeling the same...at the same time devaluing the car i think...i had the whole one side sprayed eventhough just one door was scracthed! Anyway this isn't about me...

My best friend has a Corolla T Spirit 2006 also in 1c0 silver...and yes you guessed it...some moron has put a horrible scratch down the rear passenger door and a short way on to the front door...now after my experience she's thinking of just REPLACING the doors from a car breakers rather than going through a re-spray...e.g 1c0 door

Now what would you guys advise? Please please let me know,like all of us she cherishes her car. :crybaby:

From my experience scrap yards have scratches on almost all body parts via storage and/or removal of parts!!

how deep are the scratches on your friends car??

Okay...i've had my own spell of bad luck with my SR having been vandalised/damaged and then having to have it resprayed which never leaves it looking/feeling the same...at the same time devaluing the car i think...i had the whole one side sprayed eventhough just one door was scracthed! Anyway this isn't about me...

My best friend has a Corolla T Spirit 2006 also in 1c0 silver...and yes you guessed it...some moron has put a horrible scratch down the rear passenger door and a short way on to the front door...now after my experience she's thinking of just REPLACING the doors from a car breakers rather than going through a re-spray...e.g 1c0 door

Now what would you guys advise? Please please let me know,like all of us she cherishes her car. :crybaby:

I have known people who have done this, as long as you can get the best you can find and as said avoid any damage it should work given the colour code match.

But as you know from your experience it is never a certainty, if someone had the donor car resprayed previously you would not know anyway.

Thanks for the replies guys...the scratch is fairly deep...true say about the donor car might also be scratched etc...as you'll see from the link the "donor doors" are still on the vehicle so hopefull they wont be damaged from storage...and i know one cant tell from a pic but the colour match looks perfect...we're thinking £100 for a door or £125+ for respray on a door??? I think it'll be worse if the door arrives and its not a good colour match = a respray anyway! Im not sure, neither is she! :unsure:

:help:

Hey Sam,

The price of 2 doors plus delivery seems to be about £250, plus when you get them I cannot believe they will not have some paintwork blemish, ding or scratch anywhere - show me a door that does'nt have a mark let alone one from a scrap yard.

Even then, will the paint actually match your friends car, allowing for natural discolouration etc.

Will it be a good physical fit and all the workings connect/transfere over ok.

Think it could be a real nightmare.

With all that money spent surely thats way more than the cost of a respray - I know they are expensive but what does a Toyota dealer charge and say about guaranteeing the paint match ?

There must be some better paint sprayers than the ones you have used, surely ..??

Ive had dealings with foreign car spares before, nothing wrong with them.... But i haven't seen a full car in their parkfield road site. Picture shown might be "for illustration purposes" i.e took photos then dismantled the car... i bought a full front end for a celica from them last year all panels had storage marks and needed prep work before painting (which i knew about prior to buying)

i would go for the respray option on the original doors, don't bother with messing around swapping Speakers and stuff over into the doors from the breakers (their window motors, Speakers etc could be damaged). i understand there is a chronic lack of good car paint refinishing workshops in England and cow boys are 2 a penny however try your best to find someone reputable and check their work on other cars before agreeing anything. in my experience car bodywork you really get what you pay for, my car's front wing has been replaced and you cannot tell it has been touched! oh and once you find a good body shop, stick with them! they'll appreciate you coming back and will look after you.

THANKS Taf...Corollad4d...Oldcodger...and guys...you dont know how much we appreciate your advice on this matter.

I've spoken to my friend (whom is still upset about whats happend, bless her & DONT BLAME HER)and anyway she rang that breakers yard yesterday who recons the doors are in fairly pristine condition...but i said thats what they all say to make a sale...its like emailing a franchise car seller to ask if the car has any scracthes/dings etc and they're like..."oh no no its as good as new"...get there and your your like... :ffs: ...especially if your a fuss pot like mwah lol!

She's leaning more towards the spray painting option so we'll see...like Corollad4d said...they're a nightmare to find...i still believe they dont exist...but then again like Corollad4d said "you really get what you pay for" and its so ooooooooooooo true! Ask me :eek: it ruined my cars appearence...i'll get her fixed again one day :blink:

Sam where abouts in the UK are you? I'm in west yorkshire and don't mind giving you the details of the bodyshop that i use (the only one i use)...

if the doors aren't in that bad condition then maybe a machine polish could bring the paint back and help it to blend with the car's existing paintwork?

Sam where abouts in the UK are you? I'm in west yorkshire and don't mind giving you the details of the bodyshop that i use (the only one i use)...

if the doors aren't in that bad condition then maybe a machine polish could bring the paint back and help it to blend with the car's existing paintwork?

Im from good old Leicestershire...oh yehh...a city full of bodge shoddy spray painters on every corner lol!

Re the condition of them doors...guess we'll never know...is it worth the risk? :wacko:

the details of the bodyshop that i use (the only one i use)...

Hey,

Don't be shy, please let us know who they are, sure they will appreciate the good free publicity.

After today little escapade thought I would have need of body repair, the car and myself !!

Was parked in a large diy store in admitttedly a not too good an area, when I got back to it an old, blacked out, large Merc was parked up to it, drivers door to my door, with a grizzley looking character in the Merc and three guys, a real heavy and two runner types lent up my rolla !! :help: :censor:

Well lets put it this way, it was the first time I was glad I looked old and they let me though without too much of a fight !! ;)

Once out of site got out and checked the bodywork and thankfully no marks - phew ! :D

the details of the bodyshop that i use (the only one i use)...

Hey,

Don't be shy, please let us know who they are, sure they will appreciate the good free publicity.

After today little escapade thought I would have need of body repair, the car and myself !!

Was parked in a large diy store in admitttedly a not too good an area, when I got back to it an old, blacked out, large Merc was parked up to it, drivers door to my door, with a grizzley looking character in the Merc and three guys, a real heavy and two runner types lent up my rolla !! :help: :censor:

Well lets put it this way, it was the first time I was glad I looked old and they let me though without too much of a fight !! ;)

Once out of site got out and checked the bodywork and thankfully no marks - phew ! :D

Oldcodger

OH Dear oh dear...what a frightful experience...not the grizzley bear or the lads with him...but that the car wasnt damaged in the end! So long as im with my other half i fear not as he's a large grizzley looking character himself...lol...wish he cared about my rolla more than his weight training but hey...thats men for you... B)

Easy for me to say coz i wasnt there but if i was and they had damaged my baby i wouldve made sure i damaged theres...not very lady like but hey...i dont like bullies! :censor:

Glad your safe and all is well. :)