Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Intrcooler Installed

liam6200

Wel spent the morning in the workshop fitting the intercooler to the car, feels like it has a lot more torque and pulls better past 60mph than before, doesnt kick out any smoke which is good and has no difference in turbo lag, getting it remapped on the 3rd of october, the company doing rekons it should be around 130/140bhp so cant wait!!

any replies appreciated!!

post-108481-0-38683600-1316893577_thumb.

post-108481-0-57245800-1316893596_thumb.

Im guessing everyone else who owns a yaris diesel isnt interested in them being modified lol!!

Im guessing everyone else who owns a yaris diesel isnt interested in them being modified lol!!

Hi mate, keep the few of us who are interested informed with your progress ;).

Pete :thumbsup:.

Don't the D4D's already have intercoolers?!

Edit: Oh, I see, you stuck on a BIGGER intercooler XD

Peeople who modified Fiesta Turbos used much bigger ones: cover the entire front of the car.

How much did your insurance quote increase by with those mods?

yay positive comments lol, was expecting people to say iv ruined it ha, yea just put a bigger one on, the old intercooler was so restrictive, hardly got any airflow hitting it, i kept the grill on as not a fan of havving a massive slab of alloy in the front bumper, its not as noticable with the grill, i pay my insurance in full so only had to pay £60 to add it on :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I tuned (remapped the ecu) my GF's yaris myself (Its my second profession), i put a dyno up on here a long time ago and it made around 18-19BHP more and about 25 lb/ft torque, that put it at around 113BHP IIRC up from 94BHP - a little higher than standard figures (bog standard). I added a high flow filter and made a snorkle out of fibreglass.

There's not a chance in hell you get 140BHP unless that baseline dyno was very high to begin with so and with your mods. In my opinion since working with a yaris and tuning countless other cars you wont get that sort of power mate :(. I think you might make in the low 120's BHP (if stock baseline is 90BHP) - fingers crossed.

The intercooler is a side mounted one to begin with too as you know :disgust: so TBH its not that bad and an FMIC on this tiny engine would yeild around 5BHP more but keep heatsoak at bay which is good.

Best going with a bigger turbo to get that sort of power. EGR will do nothing for power but will stop things getting guffed up and the DPF removal should help that turbo spool a little quicker, adding power wise it will be small. Does the car have a CAT too?

Got to say though !Removed! good effort and like your mods mate :thumbup: any updates fella? - good to see some diesel tuning on the yaris.

Cheers

right how are you remapping these???the ecu is self learning you change the map it reverts back to the standard map then relearns the drivers driving style...its the same on all the toyota range petrols and diesels the only way of chipping them is with a plug in box of tricks..and dpf removal come on that gives people nothing but limp home mode and engine warning lights!!

Who'ever told you that you can't remap them due to relearning needs to know what they are talking about/go back to basics. You can remap them but its not a simple OBD port job. What do you think you do when you remap? you alter maps do with torque limiter, duration maps, IQ etc etc

Relearning it still retained to an extent.

Hi, Liam6200 would it be possible to see some pics on the EGR bypass and how you have done this past the ECU.

thanks ive, just had mine remaped to 109 bhp

YarisRemap.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links