Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Compressor Newbie - Couple Of Questisons

Smudgster

Hi all,

Just picked up an 06 compressor with only 26k on the clock. It's got the leaky shock prob, so looking to replace. Where do I get replacements from, just want a direct replacement not looking at coil overs

Also there's not much of a charge whine like I had on my coopers! Is this normal?..

Is there any guides to changing the supercharger oil?.

Any things else I should do ?..

Thanks

Smudge

Hi ane welcome to TOC.

regarding the shcokers forget it! You simply cant get the shockers anymore. They have been long discontinued. Your only option is coilovers, most have gone for BC's your looking roughly at around £600-700 for a set

As for the whine you'll need an induction kit which comes down to preference on which you go for really, but stay away from oiled ones, as they have a tendency to clog your MAF sensor up which will lead to an early christmas light display on your dash. Another thing is you may need to extend the MAF wires aswell.

Supercharger oil change guides are on here yep. Use search function. The oil is available from Klubersynth themselfs. Only problem is the gasket which you may need to change after sorting the oil out have been discontinued. You'll need to make your own from gasket paper if thata the case.

P.s upload some pics mate, of the compressor.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Wifey will be happy about another £600 LOL LOL

Will order the supercharger oil and go from there. Thats a weight off my mind about the supercharge whine as I was starting to think I had a problem LOL. Will get some piccies up this week. Its only done 26 and tbh is mint and so far im very happy!!!!

Smudge

At 26k I reckon the gasket will be fine I just changed my oil yesterday and my gasket was very good condition mine has 37k on it.

Hi ane welcome to TOC.

regarding the shcokers forget it! You simply cant get the shockers anymore. They have been long discontinued. Your only option is coilovers, most have gone for BC's your looking roughly at around £600-700 for a set

As for the whine you'll need an induction kit which comes down to preference on which you go for really, but stay away from oiled ones, as they have a tendency to clog your MAF sensor up which will lead to an early christmas light display on your dash. Another thing is you may need to extend the MAF wires aswell.

Supercharger oil change guides are on here yep. Use search function. The oil is available from Klubersynth themselfs. Only problem is the gasket which you may need to change after sorting the oil out have been discontinued. You'll need to make your own from gasket paper if thata the case.

P.s upload some pics mate, of the compressor.

x2

x2

And the laziest post of the night award goes to....

Colin! toast.gif

:P :lol:

x2

And the laziest post of the night award goes to....

Colin! toast.gif

:P :lol:

Look, I've had a full on day, OK :lol:

yea it is the rear shock leaking

Is there any other suspension to consider???

• 4 weeks later...

Well mine were replaced by toyota under warranty about 3 months ago, and the problems back. Warranty company said they'll pay for trd coil overs if needs be!!!

Well mine were replaced by toyota under warranty about 3 months ago, and the problems back. Warranty company said they'll pay for trd coil overs if needs be!!!

Lucky %&£^&$%

Do they know how much they are?

I know the TRD coilover set - official toyota are over 1K on prolex uk

They look amazing tho

ouch

Yeah they do lol. Well when i got the standard compressor, each was £800 and it came from Belgium. The warranty company can only replace it with toyota suspensions so they said trd is only option :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links