Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor Alloy Look Alikes ?

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi

I saw a T2 whizz by me today...standard...but it had those sexy Compressor alloys on :eek: ...which made it look amazing :drool: ...and got me thinking...

I know they're very rare to come by :wacko: ...especially in good condition...& i know a set just sold on eBay (which sold for a quite a bit considering)...but can anyone suggest any aftermarket alternatives that look more or less the same??? 20 spoke i think! :unsure:

Will the fact that they're 17inch affect my ride quality in anyway??? :blink:

:thumbsup:

Running 17" wheels will effect the ride a little, but this is down to having lower profile tyres, less sidewall movement to soften the ride. There are bennifits though :thumbsup:

my friend's mark 5 golf has gone from 205/55/16 16" alloys to 225/45/18 18" alloys and has been lowered 30mm on Eibach pro-kit springs. the ride quality is nearly identical to standard setup bar feeling 10,000% more stable/solid/grippy in the corners, giving a lot of confidence to the driver. so going from 15"/16" to 17" alloys i don't think it would make that much difference and i think any difference noticed would be positive. it goes without saying you won't be able to attack speed bumps etc at full speed as you probably can do right now without worrying...

do bear in mind though, corollas are VERY high ride height from factory and to make 17" alloys look anywhere near decent i think you would have to lower the car 40mm as a minimum? and when you go close to/past the 40mm lowering barrier i think you would feel significant ride differences coupled with the lower profile tyre on the 17s. someone who has already done the deed should be able to clarify. cars i've driven and seen with 17" alloys on are often lowered 50mm+ on coilover suspension which isn't cheap for the corolla unfortunately cos i'd love to lower mine and put the 16" t-sport wheels on it!

my friend's mark 5 golf has gone from 205/55/16 16" alloys to 225/45/18 18" alloys and has been lowered 30mm on eibach pro-kit springs. the ride quality is nearly identical to standard setup bar feeling 10,000% more stable/solid/grippy in the corners, giving a lot of confidence to the driver. so going from 15"/16" to 17" alloys i don't think it would make that much difference and i think any difference noticed would be positive. it goes without saying you won't be able to attack speed bumps etc at full speed as you probably can do right now without worrying...

do bear in mind though, corollas are VERY high ride height from factory and to make 17" alloys look anywhere near decent i think you would have to lower the car 40mm as a minimum? and when you go close to/past the 40mm lowering barrier i think you would feel significant ride differences coupled with the lower profile tyre on the 17s. someone who has already done the deed should be able to clarify. cars i've driven and seen with 17" alloys on are often lowered 50mm+ on coilover suspension which isn't cheap for the corolla unfortunately cos i'd love to lower mine and put the 16" t-sport wheels on it!

The facelift model doesn't sit that high really, 17's on a facelift wont look that bad. The Pre facelift is a joke though and 17" alloys without lowering looks really silly :lol:

If you change your current 15" wheels to bigger ones i'm sure that it will affect the accuracy of your speedo. I think that it will make your speedo read slightly slower then you are actually doing so be careful! Also you will clock up less mileage.

On my Renault 5 GT Turbo, I went from 13" wheels to 15" wheels and this made about a 9mph difference at 60/70 mph. This could have just been a unique affect to this car but I am sure that it will affect all cars. Hopefully someone on here can confirm.

Yes the speedo will be affected but using the correct tyre size does help a lot with this. there are online calculators which are very useful in this.

reidy yes the facelift is lower than the pre-facelift however i still wouldn't put 17"s on my car without lowering, each to their own i guess but it's still way too high for me.

don't know about others but the way my car falls over and rolls in the corners tells me just how high it must be :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links