Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Noise T Sport

bodrobot

Hey all,

I am wondering how noisy all ur T Sport/ Compressor engine are?

I'm not talking big exhaust noise just like valve/lifters noise (tapping).

I have the Compressor and have noticed it getting slightly louder, have just done a oil change and has made no difference.

It is not loud loud, but i can hear it with the bonnet up and even closed, i can't hear it while driving at idle or even at speed.

I do have a custom stainless number on the back tho and its hard to hear anything over that!

So are they all noisy and what is causing it???

Thanks

they don't have tappets, just valve rockers. they are noisy to an extent but normally not very loud. I've recently changed a bank of valve rockers and cam and you still hear the rockers doing there thing but nothing really loud. .

Its not ford zetec loud, i was just after how noisy should they be?

But if you've changed them and you still have noise then it is probably not an issue.

This is just the newest car and engine i've ever had and i've had alot older BM's that have sounded alot smoother.

Would the timing being slightly out affect the level of noise?

Are you sure it's not the fuel injectors you are hearing ? They can be quite "clicky" (I had a TSport for 8 yrs :))

Every 2ZZ I've heard has had a noisy valve-train, its made worse by the noisy injectors too :)

I've noticed my engine has got quite a loud tapping noise was going to get it checked over. But it's running fine and lift is all good now. Is there a known problem with the t sport valve train or bottom end?

Thanks for the advice

I have heard quite a few bad stories regarding the compressor and reliability

I just wanna keep on top of anything that may become an issue

Must say though that it is a fantastic car to drive.

Keep an eye on the S/C oil and check on your shocks as they're prone to leaking. Main issue with the comp is getting parts as a lot are discontinued

Keep an eye on the S/C oil and check on your shocks as they're prone to leaking. Main issue with the comp is getting parts as a lot are discontinued

Cheers,

Since getting her i have already done the s/c oil, and mine actually has uprated tein shocks :)

The only other issue i have is when using the lift :) i am finding 2nd and 3rd quite hard to get into, again is this common or is my linkage f****d?

Am i also right in thinking the only real addition to the engine is the supercharger? i.e all normal T Sport bits should fit and not inhibite my performance???

The gearbox is a bit notchy but it shouldn't be exactly difficult to shift, if its only those two gears then you may need to investigate a bit further. 2nd and 3rd are typically the gears that get the most abuse