Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got The Rolla Back

mr-p

Got my t sport back from the bodyshop today after a week in a terriible fiesta eco :crybaby: its nice to have it back but not for long looks like ill be taking it back :censor: had a good look today and ....

theres a noticeable colour difference on both bumpers, both are a lot darker. the front bumper does not line up with the headlight and bonnet, they have also sprayed the slats above the bar in the middle red with runs all down it. the bonnet was repaired instead of replaced so where its been filled there is a slight "orange peel" in the paint and a gap above the headlight :huh:

not major things but still not as it should be :(

yeah not good at all. going to take it to another body shop to get a second opinion just to make sure its not just me lol if they agree then il contact my insurance and tell them that its not up to scratch :thumbsup: and get it booked back in. will try and upload some pics at some point

heres a few pics of what i thinks wrong

lower grill

Photo-0009.jpg

rear bumper colour difference

Photo-0007.jpg

mis aligned bonnet (just above the o/s headlight) and when you look close up you can still see stone chipped paint that has just been blown over!?

Photo-0008.jpg

Photo-0010.jpg

am i just being to fussy?

No your not being fussy , and the guys that repair your car should take as much care in it as you do! And if they're not willing to do a good job- take it elsewhere and get the insurance to pay again! Afterall that's why u have insurance, they should return it to the way it was! Gets me angry when bodyshops f**k up!!

Tbh mate i cant tell a difference. Maybe with colour on the back bumper there is a slight difference. If however your not happy with it, and it isnt coming out of your pocket get sorted.

Photo-0016.jpg

the top of the bumper goes in and doesn't line up with the top of the headlight

Photo-0014.jpg

Photo-00102.jpg

Photo-00082.jpg

Photo-00092.jpg

when compared to the other side

Photo-0011.jpg

and the lower grill which im not to fussed about behid red its more the poor effort spraying it you just know it will peel off, could have done a better job with a rattle can lol :ffs:

Photo-0012.jpg

Bit shabby really, I'd kick off about it

Considering what you pay insurance you'd expect your car to at least be repaired properly, reminds me about when ricc posted up (January I think lol) after he'd had an accident and his car came back in an appalling state

If I wasnt 100% happy with work a bodyshop had done (has happened to me in the past) I would hassle them day and night until they put it right. If your having doubts now then get it sorted now because you might regret it later :thumbsup:

take it straight back mate its not even remotely close! ,wrong culor , poor work and miss alignd bonnet witch is so easy to put right but they clearly could not be bothered ,half of the work is very easy to put right and they just havent

tell us how you get on

S c o t t y

took the rolla back to the bodyshop this evening and :yahoo: they realised their mistakes as soon as they walked out the door but obviously they still tried the " well you will never get a perfect match" and "its different painting plastic as to metal" lol i just said well it never came from the factory with maroon bumpers! as to the other bits that i felt we not good enough they never had much to say really, cant really argue with plain poor workmanship. just said that it will all be sorted in a few days. will wait and see :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links