Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Door Speakers

mikey_boy

Hi guys,

Looking at replacing the door Speakers in my aygo go. I have the original head unit and i don't really want to change that.

Is it possible to change the Speakers without changing the head unit? anybody done this?

Cheers,

Mike

Hi guys,

Looking at replacing the door speakers in my aygo go. I have the original head unit and i don't really want to change that.

Is it possible to change the speakers without changing the head unit? anybody done this?

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike,

I just changed all of the Speakers in mine yesterday. Bought and fitted 10cm (currently half price at £25) and 16.5cm (£35) Alpine Speakers picked up from Halfords. The 10cm's go in the dash and the 16.5cm's go in the door card. These are the Speakers sold without covers specifically for upgrading existing factory speakers. The small ones list the Aygo on the box, the larger ones don't.

I wasn't looking for a huge upgrade, just wanted to remove the tinny sound of the factory system but kept the head unit as I would rather it looked standard. I believe that the 16.5cm speakers are only appropriate for front door speakers and not the older Aygos that have the speakers in the rear.

The front speakers had four lugs and it was simply a case of snapping 2 of them off so they fitted then giving the cover a light trim with a stanley knife. The door speakers were a straight swap. I cut the cables and crimped connectors on as the factory speakers have non standard connectors.

The sound quality difference is huge, more bass but not at boy racer levels and no distortion which was my main gripe with the old speakers.

However, if you are only looking to do the door speakers you will still be left with the weak front speakers. I would recommend you prioritise the dash speakers first then consider the door speakers afterwards as the dash upgrade made the biggest difference by far.

If you do decide to fit the same speakers, cut the dash speaker cables so the little factory tweeters are isolated as the replacements have their own tweeters and are far better. Oh and tape up the old tweeter plastic connectors otherwise they will rattle over bumps.

I had no previous experience of doing this and all in it took me 2 hours being careful (and i also fixed a door rattle at my lock that Toyota cant seem to fix).

Hope this helps. Let me know if any questions.

:help2: how did you pop the door speaker covers off???? Is it as easy as a flat head screwdriver, or do you undo some screws and then take off some of the door panel??? I suppose im just being lazy, and as you've done it your in the know :thumbsup:

Yer i was wondering how to do that aswell! Good question :)

:help2: how did you pop the door speaker covers off???? Is it as easy as a flat head screwdriver, or do you undo some screws and then take off some of the door panel??? I suppose im just being lazy, and as you've done it your in the know :thumbsup:

Leave the grills. You need to take the door cards off as a whole unit. The grill is fitted from the rear but you dont need to remove it at all. Just pop off the grey plastic door handle, pop off the electric window button, unscrew the 3 visible screws and pull of the panel from the perimeter working inwards. Easier than it sounds.

When you have the panel off, disconnect the cables, take the door card indoors to protect from scratches, unbolt the old Speakers and fit the new ones.

These are the Speakers I fitted. The smaller dashboard ones give the most significant improvement as the drivers are deep and almost the full diameter of the speaker itself.

When you fit the dashboard ones, you will only be able to get one screw fixing (the originals have two) but it has not been a problem for me. I considered using a self tapping screw to form a second fixing but ended up just sticking some adhesive felt under the second fixing to make sure there was no vibration. In reality, even that may not have been needed as the single fixing holds the speaker tight.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the advice UK aygo guy, :thumbsup: , i will get on to Halfords now to get some Alpines. :yes:

Also does anyone know if you can put ford sony Speakers in the aygo? They sound absolutely amazing! And ford always have good sound quality but the sony Speakers...are immense!!!

Just to update you, I fitted the new Speakers today, seemed to take no time at all, and they all went in with ease. I was able to fit the front ones without having to cut into the cover. I will keep them how they are for now, and if i think the sounds being effected i will start customising them. There is a definate improvement in the sound although thats only whilst been sat on the drive, I havent been able to go on a drive but will be trying them out on the way to work tomoz. You were right about the door cards uk aygo guy, 3 screws and pop away!!!

I got my Speakers today but I've not had time to fit them yet! Can't wait to get them sorted though :)

Has anybody on here fitted an under seat sub? It's just a thought of mine.

There are several people on this forum with an underseat sub, myself included.

But since because of that you can find multiple topics on that I wont go into it too far.

I have a Pioneer TS-WX11A in my Aygo and absolutely love it.

But since because of that you can find multiple topics on that I wont go into it too far.

where did u get ur pioneer sub from? i looked in Halfords (the only car audio place in my town now!) and they dont do under the seat subs at all! :-O

I bought it online from a German shop.

But you have to remember I'm Dutch, not from the UK, so Germany is quite near to me...

I bought it online from a German shop.

But you have to remember I'm Dutch, not from the UK, so Germany is quite near to me...

thanks :) im sure i'll find loads online now hehe ...may try Amazon :D

• 9 months later...

I've bought the same door Speakers. I already have pioneer TS-G1012i 10cm up front with the standard Aygo tweeters and an Alpine SWE-1000 underseat sub.

Took a couple of pics today when I removed the door cards. 15W Speakers...no wonder my Alpine HU distorts them lmao

cae74aa6.jpg

1a877bf0.jpg

• 1 month later...

How easy (or hard) is it to add the underseat sub? Is the wiring already in place? If not, what is involved? I have ordered the 2 sets of Alpine Speakers from Halfords which look really easy to fit, and looking at the specs are significantly better than the factory fitted Speakers, but will also get the subwoofer if easy to fit

• 1 year later...

Hey guys. just a question. I had my aygo delivered last week. so far i'm loving the little thing. Perfect for city life. However i'm really unsatisfied with the factory sound system, and i want to change the front door Speakers. I tried mounting some Speakers but there is an issue, the window gets blocked by the Speakers magnet so it cant be rolled down completely. any ideas what speaker size should be depth wise?

where did u get ur pioneer sub from? i looked in Halfords (the only car audio place in my town now!) and they dont do under the seat subs at all! :-O

here is an audio centre in essex for you to try http://www.pulsecaraudio.com/index.html

they can supply and fit