Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xcarlink

Goggy

Hi All,

Just a quick Has anyone Fitted one of these Xcarlink Ipod/bluetooth units to a rav ? www.xcarlink.co.uk

if so how easy was it ?

and how good are they ?

Many Thanks:

Alan

I have one in a 4.2, but I only use it for the 3.5mm aux in. Works fine. As usual these things are often a compromise, being awkward and slower when compared to a modern headunit designed for ipod and bluetooth from the start.

Not done it to a RAV but have one in my Yaris.

Aside from getting the head-unit out, it was pretty easy (And I discovered I didn't have to take the headunit out as by lying in the passenger seat upside-down, I could have gotten at the port to plug in the XCL!!)

Only caveat is to check whether you need a Y-cable to split the port; I just plugged mine in and all the controls on the centre console stopped working :eek:

Turned out I needed a splitter cable (Which they sell on their site).

If your headunit only has the one port, you'll probably need the Y-cable, but if it's got two you might not...

Also, double-check what connector your car uses as there are two (A big fat one on older headunits and a smaller squarer one on newer head units).

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

just need to find out wich plug socket is on the back of my head unit

it's the 58812 model any ideas :rolleyes:

Sorry, no idea! The simplest thing to do is take the headunit out to check, but I don't know how hard that is on a RAV :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links