Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Parking Sensors

blue verso 56

Red Yaris

For someone who does not find it a problem not to have front sensors you have made rather an issue of getting a solution to your problem :rolleyes:

I am surprised it has bothered you enough to even post if you visited these forums on a regular basis you will know this subject is brought up quite often surely as a SUPER moderator it is your job to encourage discussion on the forums not try to stamp on it and try to belittle a poster maybe that is the clue to why the traffic on the forums has reduced since I first visited them :yes: .

you have been offered many suggestions on here as to a possible solution.

Suggestions to which I am grateful for is all that has been made and the only people who can give the answer is Toyota

Good luck with persueing Toyota GB for an answer, but as has already been said by Parts-King.......You may have to pay for an answer!

I can assure you paying for a sales enquiry will not happen :)

just make sure that you do not spend more than £466 or you will find yourself out of pocket

No that will be spent on the grandchildren :yahoo:

Red Yaris

For someone who does not find it a problem not to have front sensors you have made rather an issue of getting a solution to your problem :rolleyes:

I am surprised it has bothered you enough to even post if you visited these forums on a regular basis you will know this subject is brought up quite often surely as a SUPER moderator it is your job to encourage discussion on the forums not try to stamp on it and try to belittle a poster maybe that is the clue to why the traffic on the forums has reduced since I first visited them :yes: .

you have been offered many suggestions on here as to a possible solution.

Suggestions to which I am grateful for is all that has been made and the only people who can give the answer is Toyota

Good luck with persueing Toyota GB for an answer, but as has already been said by Parts-King.......You may have to pay for an answer!

I can assure you paying for a sales enquiry will not happen :)

just make sure that you do not spend more than £466 or you will find yourself out of pocket

No that will be spent on the grandchildren :yahoo:

I DO visit the forum, probably a lot more than you realise, That is just a small part of my role as a SUPER Moderator

My posting on this topic to offer an opinion on the subject is exactly the purpose of this public forum, to offer opinions and advice.

You certainly have received quite a lot of advice on this topic from a Toyota Parts Manager and from a member who has successfully had front parking sensors fitted by a named dealer. It would seem that you do not wish to persue those leads to obtain a solution, but are determined to continue to score points against Toyota GB, who have already made their situation clear to you

Good luck with your "mission" in obtaining the Toyota "Holy Graille" :D -_-

• Like 1

You certainly have received quite a lot of advice on this topic from a Toyota Parts Manager

Which to be honest the posts made by Parts-king are always constructive and very helpful but as with the after sales manager from the dealership were I purchased the car could not provide an explanation

My posting on this topic to offer an opinion on the subject is exactly the purpose of this public forum, to offer opinions and advice.

Sorry Red Yaris I saw very little advice from you just criticism for me asking the question

but are determined to continue to score points against Toyota GB, who have already made their situation clear to you

I have no intention of trying to score points against Toyota maybe you could provide a reason why I would wish to do so ? I have been a loyal customer like many other customers for over 21 years it was a simple question why are the front sensors not recommended by Toyota with the TPA system .

You seem to be trying to blow this thread up into a full scale argument well that is one way to increase forum activity

• Like 1

I found this thread interesting. Having had a Gen 2 Prius (2007) with front sensors, I was shocked that they were not an option for the Gen 3.

The salesman at the garage was equally confused, but got nowhere with Toyota.

Imagine our surprise when he contacted me after the purchase of my Prius that they had just taken delivery of an Anniversary Prius that had front sensors fitted as standard !

Equally annoying were the rear sensors. My generation 2 car had a flashing light to accompany the beep, and no it's not available for the Gen 3.

Blue Verso,regarding some of your posts;

You said Quote' I have a new Prius with no front sensors and to be honest do not find it much of a problem and I am £466 better off .I was just curious to why Toyota are saying they are unable to fit them when they can(end of quote)

So you don't have enough of a problem with parking to need the front sensors and by not having them,you save £466.What’s the problem then?You say you don'’t need the sensors,yet your only reason for asking your dealer and another dealer,and for contacting Toyota customer services,is by your own admission,your curiosity. Surely that's a waste of your own time,the dealers’ time and Toyota customer services time, they have genuine questions to answer from customers,they aren’t there to satisfy your curiosity.

You said Quote; '‘Regards going to the dealer that will fit them a 700 mile round trip is not really in the equation’'(end of quote)

So why did you contact that dealer if it is too far away? There must be other Toyota dealers closer to you than that.

You said Quote; 'I would like to know the technical reason why they are unable to fit them rather than they cannot be fitted full stop with giving an explanation ...it is hardly an in depth technical question to which that I will benefit financially from it is more a sales enquiry’' (end of quote)

You seem to be contradicting yourself,you say you want to know the technical reason,then you say it isn’t a technical question,but a sales question. Its not a sales question as you are not looking to buy anything.

You said to Red Yaris,Quote; ‘'You seem to be trying to blow this thread up into a full scale argument well that is one way to increase forum activity'(end of quote)

I don’t think Red Yaris is trying to create an argument,he is just giving you the facts.There is no need for any attempt to increase forum activity,as this forum is already quite busy every day.

You have already had suggestions from other members,yet you are not satisfied. Someone even gave you the email address you wanted. Kingo has explained why you have to pay for the call. I have yet to come across any customer service department for any company which does not charge a premium rate. Maybe you are hoping someone will give you a DIY way of installing these sensors?

lorna 2

Thank you for wasting your time and posting a reply to the thread ! I suggest you read the thread in its entirety before posting your reply ! This question has been asked in the past and will be asked again in the future and it has been stated in this thread by some members they found it interesting.

I do not know if your reply was just to score Brownie points of favour with the SUPER moderator but that is what it seems like .

Just for your benefit I will sum it up for you

I have no intention of having front sensors fitted if they are not approved by Toyota no matter how close or far away the dealer is.

While I find it not a problem not to have front sensors another driver of the vehicle does

It is a simple question why are the front sensors not able to be fitted to a vehicle with IPA not a very time consuming question to answer and a question I am sure many other Prius T-Spirit Generation 3 owners would like to know

If you are not able to offer a constructive post as other forum members have on this thread please waste your time on a problem in another thread in which you may be able to help with and make a contribution to the forums

• Like 1

Blue Verso

Please show some respect to other forum users

Lorna was just offering her honest opinion on the subject and in my opinion was not needing to score brownie points with anyone on these forums as her posts are always very much to the point and helpful to other members

If you wish I will close this thread as your attitude has become rather personal and disrespectful to other forum users

• Like 1

Red yaris it is entirely up to you if you wish to close this thread respect is a two way thing I asked a perfectly sensible question which other posters have raised in the past I have been accused of trying to score points against Toyota assuming I have an axe to grind which could not be further from the truth ! Wasting the time of Toyota employees asking why the front sensors are unable to be fitted to the Prius T -Spirit ! the majority of posters have replied in a helpful manner There is no compulsion to post on a thread if the poster cannot add anything constructive ! If you add just criticism of the original poster it is unnecessary and shows the forum as a unfriendly place to be for guests who may visit the forums .

I also took exception to the comment Maybe you are hoping someone will give you a DIY way of installing these sensors?

Why would any person want to add DIY sensors on a brand new car a ridiculous comment really

I am surprised such an innocent post could cause such controversy

I fully intend to post on the forum the result of any information I get whether it be on this thread or a new thread when I have it