Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor Vibrations Through Clutch Pedal

Rob1980

Hello all

My Compressor has developed a fault when severe vibrations come through the clutch pedal and right up my leg at around 4000rpm and over. This never used to happen so I have taken the car back to the dealer (Nissan) to have it corrected under warranty.

They have just phoned me up and said that they can not find the fault so there is nothing to fix! I honestly do not know how they can miss it as it does it every time! Could this be a release bearing or a gearbox mount prehaps? I have said that I refuse to collect the car until it is fixed or alternatively I will collect it and they can then pay Toyota to repair it. Is anyone able to tell me what this fault is so that I can point them in the right direction.

Also the car makes a grrrr noise when it is warm, they do not know what this is either! Can anyone help?

Kind Regards,

Hello all

My Compressor has developed a fault when severe vibrations come through the clutch pedal and right up my leg at around 4000rpm and over. This never used to happen so I have taken the car back to the dealer (Nissan) to have it corrected under warranty.

They have just phoned me up and said that they can not find the fault so there is nothing to fix! I honestly do not know how they can miss it as it does it every time! Could this be a release bearing or a gearbox mount prehaps? I have said that I refuse to collect the car until it is fixed or alternatively I will collect it and they can then pay Toyota to repair it. Is anyone able to tell me what this fault is so that I can point them in the right direction.

Also the car makes a grrrr noise when it is warm, they do not know what this is either! Can anyone help?

Kind Regards,

The grrrr noise your talking about is quite common with t sports I think it's a noisey gearbox bearing as it only happens when the box is warm.

Is the grrr noise more prenounced when going at around 30-40 and letting off the throttle?

As for the clutch pedal vibrations this is also common, this could be a number of things, a broken clutch spring, slightly warped flywheel, out of line diaphram fingers the list goes on. Some have said a new clutch kit has solved the problem.

Hello Adam

Thanks for the reply, the Grr noise does only happen when the engine is warm but it is not restricted to 30-40mph. If you are stood still and rev the car a bit you can hear it then.

I am going to be taking the car to Toyota to try and fix the vibrations, hopefully they will know what they are doing!

Hello Adam

Thanks for the reply, the Grr noise does only happen when the engine is warm but it is not restricted to 30-40mph. If you are stood still and rev the car a bit you can hear it then.

I am going to be taking the car to Toyota to try and fix the vibrations, hopefully they will know what they are doing!

Yes mate doesn't matter if your stationary or not... Gearbox bearing is the cause.

Hello Adam

Yes mate doesn't matter if your stationary or not... Gearbox bearing is the cause.

I'm wondering if I have a similar problem. My T Sport makes a sort of rattling growl noise sometimes when I pull away in first. It doesn't happen all the time, depends how well I blend in the clutch LOL!!! There's not really any vibration through the clutch pedal though. Would you think that it's also this bearing? And when you say "gearbox bearing" is this actually the clutch release bearing?

Hello Adam

I'm wondering if I have a similar problem. My T Sport makes a sort of rattling growl noise sometimes when I pull away in first. It doesn't happen all the time, depends how well I blend in the clutch LOL!!! There's not really any vibration through the clutch pedal though. Would you think that it's also this bearing? And when you say "gearbox bearing" is this actually the clutch release bearing?

No mate thats a different thing, what I think you may be hearing is noise from the Auxillary belt and tensioner. How many miles has your t sport covered?

When I say a gearbox bearing it's not the thrust bearing/clutch release bearing I'm talking about. It's an actual bearing within the gearbox, possible input shaft bearing.

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update. My Compressor is going in to have the vibrations through the clutch pedal fixed under warrenty but there may be a bit of a snag.... If it turns out to be a non mechanical part then I will be liable for the bill which will include the time they spend stripping the gearbox down! What do you guys think the chances will be of this fault being non mechanical? Apparently it will cost about £500 in labour just to strip the gearbox down and put back together...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links