Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Go

sarahs80

Hi Everyone!

I am new to TOC.

I bought a brand new Aygo Go 61 plate in chilli red. Wasnt sure whether to get red or carbon quartz initally, but the red looked stunning when I picked it up and saw it for the first time at the dealer. I absolutely love it!

I had a car previously which got scrapped as it was 12 years old. I wanted a fiesta for about a year and a half! but I only drive locally so I used my head and got recommended to Toyota.

I immediately loved the aygo. It is a practical car for me. It has everything I want. Ipod charger and USB, air con, elcectric windows, tinted windows, CD Player, Alloy wheels, Sat Nav, bluetooth, remote Central locking (love playing with this as I never had that with my old car and people spent ages waiting for me to turn the key so they could get in the car!

I went for a test drive to see how I would feel and I loved it, I wish the test drive was for longer!

The dealer I dealt with was very friendly to me and he also called me a couple of times after I bought the car to see how I am getting on with the car.

I am still getting used to driving it, as its a smaller car than the one I had previously, so sometimes when I am parking it I surprise myself when I still find I have lots of room left to get the car parked into a space!

I love driving it at night time as the orange/red lighting looks stunning! I also love the look of the back of the car with the brake lights and rear lights, its different to the C1 and 107. It gives the aygo some individuality.

The boot is fine for some shopping, went out to buy a weekly shop and had lots of room.

Its an adorable car and im so pleased to be an owner. i hope you will welcome me to the club, as I am sure I will be here for a long time to come!

Hello and welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy your Aygo......Good choice of colour.....Chilli Red is such a bright deep colour!

The Aygo owners on here are a friendly bunch so I am sure you will get on well

Enjoy your stay!

Hi Everyone!

I am new to TOC.

I bought a brand new Aygo Go 61 plate in chilli red. Wasnt sure whether to get red or carbon quartz initally, but the red looked stunning when I picked it up and saw it for the first time at the dealer. I absolutely love it!

I had a car previously which got scrapped as it was 12 years old. I wanted a fiesta for about a year and a half! but I only drive locally so I used my head and got recommended to Toyota.

I immediately loved the aygo. It is a practical car for me. It has everything I want. Ipod charger and USB, air con, elcectric windows, tinted windows, CD Player, Alloy wheels, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, remote Central locking (love playing with this as I never had that with my old car and people spent ages waiting for me to turn the key so they could get in the car!

I went for a test drive to see how I would feel and I loved it, I wish the test drive was for longer!

The dealer I dealt with was very friendly to me and he also called me a couple of times after I bought the car to see how I am getting on with the car.

I am still getting used to driving it, as its a smaller car than the one I had previously, so sometimes when I am parking it I surprise myself when I still find I have lots of room left to get the car parked into a space!

I love driving it at night time as the orange/red lighting looks stunning! I also love the look of the back of the car with the brake lights and rear lights, its different to the C1 and 107. It gives the aygo some individuality.

The boot is fine for some shopping, went out to buy a weekly shop and had lots of room.

Its an adorable car and im so pleased to be an owner. i hope you will welcome me to the club, as I am sure I will be here for a long time to come!

Hi and welcome.

Good choice but I am very biased as I have just picked up the identical car and enjoyed driving it for just over a week now.

I too wondered briefly about the carbon quartz but I think the car looks more funky and in keeping in Red (and saved a few hundred on the paint!). I have done just over 200 miles and I am looking forward to filling up soon to see how many mpg I am getting!

David

You will enjoy it no doubt.

I almost upgraded my 2008 MMT for the 5 dorr GO in White with Aircon but the dealer wanted almost the same amount for a new IQ. As I do motorway driving I decided to get the IQ instead as it is a little less noisy and refined +comes with all the goodies as standard. It also appears the IQ depreciates less.

In 3 years I have had no problem with my Aygo and really enjoyed owning it - only spent money on servicing but I have had to replace the exhaust once and its going again !

Have fun :thumbsup:

You will enjoy it no doubt.

I almost upgraded my 2008 MMT for the 5 dorr GO in White with Aircon but the dealer wanted almost the same amount for a new IQ. As I do motorway driving I decided to get the IQ instead as it is a little less noisy and refined +comes with all the goodies as standard. It also appears the IQ depreciates less.

In 3 years I have had no problem with my Aygo and really enjoyed owning it - only spent money on servicing but I have had to replace the exhaust once and its going again !

Have fun :thumbsup:

I admit I may have missed a trick not considering the IQ ! I wanted minimum running costs but wanted to stick with Toyota - in my mind the IQ would cost more to replace wear and tear items but I may be wrong there!

I swapped my wife's Auris for a used RAV and my Prius for the Aygo. We will both drive both cars but I will mainly drive the Aygo as I do more miles and it is cheaper to run. The RAV is for holidays, motorways and snow, and for my wife when seeing the grandchildren (that makes me sound older than I feeel!)

Surprised to hear about the exhaust - especially as you mention motorway driving but perhaps you do lots of short journeys too? Still I expect the exhaust is a reasonable price on an Aygo?

I am really enjoying the Aygo so far ....

David

Yep Exhaust fitted cost me £90 + vat so not bundles - I am sure Toyota use a better Quality one now anyway. If you search 2009 and before cars its a common problem. Pleae don't let my comments put you off they really are great cars.

Yep Exhaust fitted cost me £90 + vat so not bundles - I am sure Toyota use a better Quality one now anyway. If you search 2009 and before cars its a common problem. Pleae don't let my comments put you off they really are great cars.

Thanks. I have given the Aygo another wash and it has come up A1 :thumbsup:

David

Thanks. I have given the Aygo another wash and it has come up A1 :thumbsup:

David

Do you really mean that when you washed your Toyota it turned into an Audi ?? :D :o

What type of shampoo did you use?

I swapped my wife's Auris for a used RAV and my Prius for the Aygo. We will both drive both cars but I will mainly drive the Aygo as I do more miles and it is cheaper to run. The RAV is for holidays, motorways and snow, and for my wife when seeing the grandchildren (that makes me sound older than I feeel!)

An Aygo cheaper to run than a Prius Dave?

We have both and apart from the insurance, the Prius is definitely cheaper day to day than the Aygo...

We have both and apart from the insurance, the Prius is definitely cheaper day to day than the Aygo...

Time will tell - I was partly impressed by your comments about the Aygo when I went for it! However I meant the Aygo is cheaper to run than the petrol RAV rather than my previous Prius.

David

Time will tell - I was partly impressed by your comments about the Aygo when I went for it! However I meant the Aygo is cheaper to run than the petrol RAV rather than my previous Prius.

David

Beg your pardon, I misunderstood :thumbsup:

I was going to add that if you include the free road fund licence against the aygo's 20 quid, the prius is even cheaper to run!

:yahoo:

David

Beg your pardon, I misunderstood :thumbsup:

I was going to add that if you include the free road fund licence against the aygo's 20 quid, the prius is even cheaper to run!

:yahoo:

I had one of the last Gen 2 prius so RFL was £10 !

Insurance is less for Aygo and if I keep it long enough things like servicing, tyres, Battery, exhaust, brakes should be less.

The Prius was good but by changing I got a new car with 5 year warranty and some cash to bank.

Over a year my average with the Gen 2 was 54mpg which was good but I expect it to be around that with the Aygo - I have done 300 miles since I filled up and only 3 blobs remaining so I will fill up again soon and get my first value.

David

Thanks for all your replies. I had to set up a new account as I forgot my username!

Love my aygo. Havent filled it up yet, still have 4 bars and I've had it for 4 weeks now. Very impressive! I also notice I am looking around for aygos a lot now.

its good to know that in 3 years the MMT has not given any problems as I have read some horror stories on the net!

I think the MMT format has been updated in the new aygos.

I am worried about cleaning the aygo.

Im glad to have saved a few hundered quid on the colour as its not metallic. I havent really seen any carbon quartz or white aygos. the ones I have seen are usually black.

Hi Sarah,

My MMT is 3 yrs old and covered just shy of 30k - not had any issues with it , you do need to change your driving style slightly to get a very smooth gearchange but it only took a couple of days to masyer. I would have kept it and run it into the ground but I am starting to do a lot of motorway driving and I find the noise quite bad in the Aygo. That is the only reason I am changing to the IQ.

Enjoy your car they are great little things.

Welcome Sarah check out our galleries see what mods we have to make our aygo's special, if you need any help don't hesitate to ask

Nothing worry about Bit of water Soak the car

Some car shampoo, i recommended Triple wax

Wash it all off

Then Dry is with a Shammy

if you want to get into finner details

Use Alloy wheel cleaner get it from £ shop and Tyre shine, and Tyre Black keeps the wheels looking nice and black

I personally stoped using Water and use a High Pressure Steam cleaner no mess no fuss and all the dirt goes

Im sure the guys will have a there own way of cleaning there Aygo's but thats mine hope it helps :)

Nothing worry about Bit of water Soak the car

Some car shampoo, i recommended Triple wax

Wash it all off

Then Dry is with a Shammy

if you want to get into finner details

Use Alloy wheel cleaner get it from £ shop and Tyre shine, and Tyre Black keeps the wheels looking nice and black

I personally stoped using Water and use a High Pressure Steam cleaner no mess no fuss and all the dirt goes

Im sure the guys will have a there own way of cleaning there Aygo's but thats mine hope it helps :)

Was Sarah serious, or worried following my comment of mine coming up A1 and the subsequent post who suggested it had transmuted into an Audi?

David

im new also i had a corsa before and i hates it!! I've have had my aygo for like 2 months and i use it for work and some times drive to scarbrough and brid so like round trip of 130 miles+ a day and i love to drive it.. my age is what stops me from getting a big powerful diesel :( but its a reallly nice car a few little niggles but its nothing!

HEYY!

i bought my aygo go in white 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it!

20 quid which the dealer put in lasted me about a week. and so far a full tank has lasted 2 weeks and only dropped 2 bars :D happy days!

HEYY!

20 quid which the dealer put in lasted me about a week. and so far a full tank has lasted 2 weeks and only dropped 2 bars :D happy days!

got any pics of ur white aygo GO! ? i have had mine 3 days and i love it so so much!!

Well it's not got lush seats. I've posted a pic somewhere but in a nut Shell, It's exactly likes yours minus 2 rear doors lol post a pic when I'm on a pc

HEYY!

got any pics of ur white aygo GO! ? i have had mine 3 days and i love it so so much!!

post-112685-0-21563600-1319119391_thumb.