Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Soeleys Iq

Soeley

Well after 8 days of ownership i finally got round to taking some pictures today, not many though due to the horrible weather. I managed to give her a wash this morning then it started raining so didn't get round to polishing and waxing her over cursing.gif

Here she is:

DSCF2240.jpg

DSCF2237.jpg

DSCF2241.jpg

• Like 3

The puddle's bigger than the car :thumbsup:

Looks really nice... Enjoy B)

• 2 weeks later...

like the sidec skirt did you get it with car ???

Jumped in quick and answered for Mark. They are an add on and you can get them from here http://www.pentagontoyotaparts.co.uk/iq-side-body-mouldings-pz415-i0520-00-i2392.html

They are sticky back and you can get the installation instructions on-line showing you measuring heights etc. They also do a chrome one as well from the same site

David

• Like 1

Cheers David wink.gif

I did try replying earlier via my phone but it went missing when I hit "Post Reply" cursing.gif

They are the door rubbing strips added by the previous owner. They had them fitted much lower down that the Toyota specs (they fit them in line with the top of the wheel arches), i know they won't do the job of protecting the doors as they are supposed to do, but aesthetically I think they look better further down drool.gif

• 1 month later...

Looks very nice. Yeah, the look is good, and I see what you mean by where they placed them will not protect the doors from clumsy gits in car parks and so on. But they look good. Like the car colour too. Our's is Amethyst or Purple as most people seem to call it. Originally I wanted the white colour, but my wife reminded me how much quicker they get mucky. As I am the one mostly cleaning our car... the decision was made, not white.

The white is actually not too bad. Doing about 70 to 80 miles a day on motorway, it just seems to loose the Pearl effect with road dirt. It's when you start washing it, you realaise how dirty it had got. :blink:

• 1 month later...

Just a little update to my iQ.

Thought I'd try a different approach to improve the poor High Beams, I find the Dipped Beam adequate for lit streets. But driving unlit country roads to and from work, the Highs needed improving.

I bought a pair of Hella FF75 Driving Lamps and fitted the to the lower grill. Ideally higher up would have been better for the lights, but it had to look neat as well.

I've not had chance to try them out at night yet, but will do later.

DSCF2308.jpg

DSCF2314.jpg

DSCF2315.jpg

DSCF2317.jpg

And the Air Horn I fitted a while ago.

DSCF2311.jpg

DSCF2310.jpg

• Like 1

AIR HORN!!!! :eek: What you planning on doing, scaring people to death? I have to admit that the thought had crossed my mind about replacing mine.

I do like the lights, but not sure about how low you have those door trims.

Fish

Just a little update to my iQ.

Thought I'd try a different approach to improve the poor High Beams, I find the Dipped Beam adequate for lit streets. But driving unlit country roads to and from work, the Highs needed improving.

I bought a pair of Hella FF75 Driving Lamps and fitted the to the lower grill. Ideally higher up would have been better for the lights, but it had to look neat as well.

I've not had chance to try them out at night yet, but will do later.

DSCF2308.jpg

DSCF2314.jpg

DSCF2315.jpg

DSCF2317.jpg

And the Air Horn I fitted a while ago.

DSCF2311.jpg

DSCF2310.jpg

Looks like a really nice installation..Very neat mate Hope they do what you want. My guess is there are so many new models around and people like yourself integrate add-ons so well that even if they are not exactly in the right place , they look like they came with the car from new. My DRL's look factory fitted so can't see myself being pulled for anything.

David

Looks very nice. I like the body side moldings placement. Not as intended but I think it looks better IMO.

I caught myself wondering how you exited your iQ in the garage and then realized it's a right hand drive. blushing.gif

Keep up the good work.

AIR HORN!!!! :eek: What you planning on doing, scaring people to death? I have to admit that the thought had crossed my mind about replacing mine.

I do like the lights, but not sure about how low you have those door trims.

Fish

LOL yes, that horn is VERY loud Jumpy.gif for a compact unit. Unfortunately they are not a direct replacement, as the current they draw does require them to be wired through a relay.

Looks like a really nice installation..Very neat mate Hope they do what you want. My guess is there are so many new models around and people like yourself integrate add-ons so well that even if they are not exactly in the right place , they look like they came with the car from new. My DRL's look factory fitted so can't see myself being pulled for anything.

David

Thanks David, all the wires for the lights are cable tied to existing looms. The one for the horn goes across the engine bay, but that is three wires so covered that with some Spyro.

The only thing i need to do now is figure out how to run some wires through the bulkhead so I can have the Driving Lamps on a rocker switch, so that Main Beam can be used without them if need be.

Looks very nice. I like the body side moldings placement. Not as intended but I think it looks better IMO.

I caught myself wondering how you exited your iQ in the garage and then realized it's a right hand drive. blushing.gif

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

I do need to get those doors restored, then I'll have more room as well.

Those side mouldings were on when I got it, and I to prefer the look of them there - some people don't - but it would be boring if we all liked the same thing naughty.gif

ohmy.gif I wasn't saying that to nudge you David shutup.gif

Well, first proper test of the new lights this morning.

I can say I am really happy with them, not sure if i have them adjusted for optimal effect yet (might need a slight tweak), but this morning the road signs were almost dazzling me they were reflecting that much light back, and i can now see a lot further down the raod :yahoo:

Well, first proper test of the new lights this morning.

I can say I am really happy with them, not sure if i have them adjusted for optimal effect yet (might need a slight tweak), but this morning the road signs were almost dazzling me they were reflecting that much light back, and i can now see a lot further down the raod :yahoo:

Thats good news Mark Had a look this morning. Its pretty tight in there to say the least. I can see only 3 options 1, To poke through the the centre rubber grommet straight over the top of the engine and through the bulkhead wall, there is a small bunch of wires going through at the moment. Usually, on the inside there would be a gland and a cable tie. prodding down the edge with stiff wire might encounter an obstacle. You need to look on the inside where it comes through to clear the way.. 2. there is an area to the left of it which is a painted panel just above the brake pipes. you could investigate whats on the other side of that and id ok drill a hole and fit a rubber grommet. 3, Which is my favourite is poke a small hole in the wheel arch cover and grommet that.

I am looking to fit a super charger which requires a switch operated by the driver. I am thinking to use a radio remote link for this . A wireless "button " on the dash which will toggle the super charger on off with each push.

See new Topic

David

• Like 1

My concern with these lights and mine will be included (when I fit them) is they dazzle other traffic. Have people checked with a friend in a car in front that they dont dazzle?

Fish

Driving lights if wired up correctly and to legal requirements should only be operable when High Beam is selected. The Idea of the interior switch is to be able to have High Beam on and switch off the Driving lights.

Mine are wired to the High Beam circuit ;)

David, Thanks for taking the time to look

I can see only 3 options.

1, To poke through the the centre rubber grommet straight over the top of the engine and through the bulkhead wall, there is a small bunch of wires going through at the moment. Usually, on the inside there would be a gland and a cable tie. prodding down the edge with stiff wire might encounter an obstacle. You need to look on the inside where it comes through to clear the way..

2. there is an area to the left of it which is a painted panel just above the brake pipes. you could investigate whats on the other side of that and id ok drill a hole and fit a rubber grommet.

3, Which is my favourite is poke a small hole in the wheel arch cover and grommet that.

1. Yes that is the grommet I'd looked at, the gland with cable tie is on the engine bay side on my car. I thought the grommet looked too tight to try and get another two wires through and maintain a good seal g.gifIt is clear on the inside though. I had thought about piercing the grommet to the side of where the gland is and pushing the wire through the new hole??

2. I had not spotted that, I will look tomorrow cheers.gif

3. Hmm, I'm not quite sure where you mean there unsure.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links