Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Lights On 2009 Rav

AWOL66

I recently purchased a 2009 RAV4 and i would like to know if the headlights are supposed to go off automatically once the car is turned off. I understand that they come on as the light dims and if you go through a tunnel etc, but should the lights go off at night if i have them set in Auto and switch off the engine. Mine stay on and i have to manually turn then off.

I recently purchased a 2009 RAV4 and i would like to know if the headlights are supposed to go off automatically once the car is turned off. I understand that they come on as the light dims and if you go through a tunnel etc, but should the lights go off at night if i have them set in Auto and switch off the engine. Mine stay on and i have to manually turn then off.

Mine stay on for about 30 seconds after locking the car, the "timer" only seems to start when the doors are locked if that helps.

I don't use the auto function generally, we're required to use lights in tunnels here but I find they're a bit slow to respond and only come on halfway through the tunnel.

If you chuck your baseball cap on the dashboard and it lands on the two black marbles the lights stay on all the time DAMHIK!

Lee

To quote the handbook 'When the headlight switch is in the AUTO position and the drivers door is opened with the engined turned off, the headlights turn off automatically...hope this is helpful.....Mick :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. Will try to have a bit more patience and wait the 30 seconds. Was used to my Vauxhall Insignia, these auto light went off once the ignition was turned off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links