Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Wheels Fit?

gpfleming

hello folks - I'm a new RAV4 owner here with a wheel query!

My RAV came fitted with a set of Ford 16" alloys and while the PCD seems to fit ok - I'm not sure the offset is right at all as they stick out of the arches too much. In addition the wheel nuts are not grabbing enough of the stud thread for my liking!!

So .................. I'm looking for a set of used RAV 4 wheels to fit - I don't mind steel or alloy - provided they have a toyota centre cap.

My question is - do the RAV4's across all series use the same wheel dimensions? - ie. will a 2002 or even 2007 alloy fit my series 1 1997 RAV? - I don't want to change the wheel size at all - I'm just looking for another 16" set and if they all have exactly the same pcd/offset/widths etc then it widens the pool of available wheels! Are there any peculiarities with any of the RAV 4 wheel sets that would cause me problems?

thanks for any help folks.

Graeme

Hi and welcome to the forum.

On the wheel offset, I'm not that sure so would be hesitant to advise.

I've used a number of alloy sets over the years. Currently use DARE Drifts on both cars... altho I had to move to 18" as one car has different front calipers (racing) so I need a particular offset to clear the calipers.

I think you'll find the later RAVs went up to 17" wheels.

Be careful with those wheels you have ! I had a set of alloys where the wheel nuts weren't on far enough and 3 of the 5 nuts came off!

Gotta concur with Bothy there, Graeme....the chances of a Ford wheel having the same geometry as a Rav 4 are somewhat slim, mucker....Hill Street Blues....big sergeant guy...."let's be careful out there...."

Big Kev :eek:

well I have to agree - I know the Ford wheels are not right for the RAV - the PCD is fine but as I said - the offset is all wrong and the Ford wheel is too 'thick' for the RAV studs.

Consequently I'm scanning all the usual places for a set of used RAV4 wheels - from the info gathered so far it seems that wheels from all models up to 2006 can be used. Can anyone confirm that just to be sure?

I know that I was parked next to a 4.1 model the other day and I had a look at the wheels that were fitted and they were the same as my 2005 4.2 and they seemed to be a good fit. Not 100% sure though.

Good luck finding a sensible priced set of used wheels for the Rav4 . They are like Hens teeth .......................

• 8 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links