Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgraded Side Lights

forevered

having just upgraded my headlights to osram nightbreaker plus which has made a great improvement, i was wondering if anybody has upgraded there side lights ? if so what with and has it improved them much ? ive seen lots on eBay that claim to be led ? only cheap to buy , what do you guys think ?

to be honest with a side light you wont get any improvment but you will get a nicer look....ie the side light wont look yellow

Not cheap, but these are what I have. They are blue to look at but they light up white and compliment aftermarket bulbs really well.

You might be able to find them cheaper on ebay of you search.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-W5W-Xenon-Extreme-White-side-light-bulbs.html

bought the bulbs from your link, and they dont fit ? the connections are completly different on my side lights.

my bulb bases have 2 holes where 2 flat prongs go in on the plug connection ??

Not cheap, but these are what I have. They are blue to look at but they light up white and compliment aftermarket bulbs really well.

You might be able to find them cheaper on ebay of you search.

http://www.autobulbs...ight-bulbs.html

bought the bulbs from your link, and they dont fit ? the connections are completly different on my side lights.

my bulb bases have 2 holes where 2 flat prongs go in on the plug connection ??

You have a pic of the base of the bulb you were supplied, and that which you removed from the car?

i dont know how to upload photos on here, ive tried many times before. am wondering now if i took an extra piece of the conector off ? a middle section maybe,the base of the bulb was white, with a recessed hole with 2 small slits that 2 prongs from the plug with the wires on go into if that makes any sense ? not messing with it in the dark, will have another look tomorrow.took the offside one out without to much trouble, but noticed that the nearside side light bulb looks a lot more awkward to get into ?

The bulbs are a bit awkward to change on the drivers side due to the water bottle and some pipes, but they can be moved to gain better access.

The bulbs in the link are correct for almost every car on the road. W5W bulbs are about the only type of bulb that is shared across all makes and models, so you must be trying to insert it at the wrong angle or in 90 degrees to how it should be.

Use this link to select your car and select 'side lights' and it will recommend the correct bulb type for your car and offer you a range of available bulbs to buy.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/

The bulbs in the link are correct for almost every car on the road. W5W bulbs are about the only type of bulb that is shared across all makes and models, so you must be trying to insert it at the wrong angle or in 90 degrees to how it should be.

I had this problem, but was very obvious when i got it right. Connect them to the cable first then fit them to the light housing, I found it helped to look at the cable fitting to help align the bulb when putting these in. Remember these are LEDs and will only light up when the + and - are in the right way round, so if they do not come on turn them around.

i was wrong the bulbs do fit, i thought the white bulb housing, which the bulb fits into was part of the bulb (what a numpty)

i found the nearside bulb much harder to remove from the headlight than the offside , very little room to get my hand into, and very short wire, got there in the end though thanks for all the help :thumbsup:

• Like 1

What do you think of the overall finish? I like them a lot :D

i think they look great together, after fitting the osram nightbreaker plus bulbs the side lights looked crap with the yellow tinge to them on the standard bulbs, now ive got the ice white side lights im well happy

• Like 1

I don't have any at the moment, but will try and get some this week for you.

Busy moving house at the moment so it will have to wait i'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

Have attached some pics to show how mine looks with upgraded sidelights and headlights. The dipped beams are Osram Nightbreaker+, white quad-LED side lights, also replaced main beam for Philips BlueVision bulbs and pout in Philips SilverVision for the indicators to get rid of the orange mess in the cluster! Well worth replacing though as much better look/light.

Also changed all the other lights (interior, vanity, map, boot and rear number plate bulbs) with the quad-LEDS and it looks so much smarter!

Currently in the process of changing dashboard and Climate control displays to blue and white (with the odd red thrown in for shift up/down), however its very tricky and fiddly, so not rushing it!

Hope this helps.

post-97066-0-13213200-1320179118_thumb.j

post-97066-0-93388500-1320179225_thumb.j

• Like 1

Very nice matey!looks gorgeous

Where did you get the bulbs want to do the same as yourself not going down the hid route !

Any links would be great

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links