Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180

chrisren

just been up to my local toyota dealer after calling out the aa because i lost power and 4 warning lights came on, they told me i would need to have a new half engine fitted or new parts i.e piston rings etc, the service manager also said that all the 2.2 ltr diesel engines are affected including ones fitted to avensis and lexus. this is due to bad design in the engine but toyota will repair them free of charge aslong as you have a toyota service history, luckely mine is under toyota used car warranty, mine is an 07 2.2 d4d t180 auris with only 38k on it which i have only owned for nearly 12 months. i am very dissapionted in the brand now as i had a focus tdci before this with 69k and owned for over 4 years and nothing went wrong with it apart from a heated rear window but that was a warreny job. i dont want to scare anybody but want to know if other owners have had this fault.

Luckily nothing like that so far. 2007/4 car with 75000+ miles. One of the first Auris's with D-CAT imported into my country. It used to be a show car of Toyota Motor Hungary. :)

Its very common on the 2.2 D4D engine. Auris, Avensis, Rav4, Lexus... all variants with this engine have owners who have suffered from this problem.

I'm currently monitoring mine as i think it may be showing symptoms of a HG failure.

just been up to my local toyota dealer after calling out the aa because i lost power and 4 warning lights came on, they told me i would need to have a new half engine fitted or new parts i.e piston rings etc, the service manager also said that all the 2.2 ltr diesel engines are affected including ones fitted to avensis and lexus. this is due to bad design in the engine but toyota will repair them free of charge aslong as you have a toyota service history, luckely mine is under toyota used car warranty, mine is an 07 2.2 d4d t180 auris with only 38k on it which i have only owned for nearly 12 months. i am very dissapionted in the brand now as i had a focus tdci before this with 69k and owned for over 4 years and nothing went wrong with it apart from a heated rear window but that was a warreny job. i dont want to scare anybody but want to know if other owners have had this fault.

You have had a lucky escape if you had the tdci with a dpf fitted,they're known to go at 75k and take turbos with them before.It's a shame because mine was a nice car but every month you would have to take it in for a forced regen of the dpf till it finally gives in throwing check engine lights every couple of hundred miles.I'll never buy a deisel again after that, and never use CAR GIANT in N.London,they sold the car as non dpf because they new about the problems and also never treated my car with the Gard X protection that I paid for,unhelpfull crooks!

Luckily nothing like that so far. 2007/4 car with 75000+ miles. One of the first Auris's with D-CAT imported into my country. It used to be a show car of Toyota Motor Hungary. :)

I thought Auris's were made in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Auris's were made in the UK.

I believe that the 3 door hatchback is built in Turkey and the 5 door is built in Derby. Hope that helps

Yer lots of problems with the 2.2 oil burners regarding the well documented head gasket failure. My car is on its 2nd new engine! But we have to thank Toyota for having the best customer service of any marque of car! VW are absolutly :censor: compared to Mr T. :thumbsup:

Why is 1/2 the engine changed if just the Head Gasket is the problem?

You get a new 3/4 engine. New crank/mod pistons/ EGR valve/ 5th injector/ DPF/ bearings ect. The cam shafts are used from your engine. So its upto the head gasket that has failed. Approx £6500 worth of engine. When I bought an Audi A6 3.2 the chains went on it and so they replaced the whole engine costin £12,776! But that was under the manufactures warranty and not the extended warranty that Toyota have put in place for this known issue. Well done again Mr T. The VAG group cars wouldn't get this service out of original warranty!...

You get a new 3/4 engine. New crank/mod pistons/ EGR valve/ 5th injector/ DPF/ bearings ect. The cam shafts are used from your engine. So its upto the head gasket that has failed. Approx £6500 worth of engine. When I bought an Audi A6 3.2 the chains went on it and so they replaced the whole engine costin £12,776! But that was under the manufactures warranty and not the extended warranty that Toyota have put in place for this known issue. Well done again Mr T. The VAG group cars wouldn't get this service out of original warranty!...

I've had my experiences with VW dealers :( , not very good ones as you say. Thanks for explaining the above.

on the 3/4 engine you get new cams too the engine is fully built you just need to swap over turbo fuel pump etc

the reason the gasket doesnt get changed is because the gasket shuffles which wears grooves in the head and block ie head and block become scrap as you cant skim them

on the 3/4 engine you get new cams too the engine is fully built you just need to swap over turbo fuel pump etc

the reason the gasket doesnt get changed is because the gasket shuffles which wears grooves in the head and block ie head and block become scrap as you cant skim them

Nice one mate. I didn't know that you got new cams! Is this a new thing that you get? I've noticed that on my job sheet I didn't get any.

did you get a rebuild or a 3/4 engine?all 3/4 engines come fully built matey

Mine was a rebuild from the dealer mate. Took 5 days to do. Not an engine sent from Japan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links