Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor After Service

Church

Anyone else had problems with Pentagon Doncaster?

Took delivery of new car, steeering fault caused us to return car after 10 days.

Anyone ever returned a new car and had got a new replacement?

Took delivery of new automatic Avensis two weeks ago. Went back yesterday with a rattle from dashboard. Dealer gave me almost new Corolla as a loan car.

Spoke to him today, tells me that he has dashboard removed, but cannot find source of rattle yet, but suspects steering column. Great news for a new car.

My car has rain sensing wipers. They are rubbbish, and dont turn on when required, and take ages to switch off. Has anyone any experience of these?

My fear is that when the dash is replaced that the it will be a poor fit, and be worse than ever, any comments??

Damien

hi,

I've also got these rain sensing wipers mine seem to be ok - come on when they are a few spots of rain and then go off.

I had a celica and found that the servicing in Toyota garages is a bit hit and miss - I found a good mechanic at one of the dealerships and tend to follow him when he moves garages which isn't too often.

Hope they find your rattle....

kobie

dont use john roe subikhorpe as my avensis still has a steering fault that they cant seem to fix????

• 2 weeks later...

:ffs: HI.

It is very funny but i am having a really bad time with my new Avensis as well.

After 2 weeks noticed rattle from behind intrument area on dashboard, took back and they found loose wiring loom and loose parts in drivers door. Rattle still present so went back again and was told i needed new anti-roll bar link rods as there was play in mine causing them to rattle????Rattle still present so took back again and now told steering column is cause?????#it is hard to believe but i am going to reject the vehicle and seek a refund.

Marsh Toyota Plymouth have no idea how to treat customers and repair the cars they sell>>>>>very annoyed....

i got my avensis from nottm inchape and their after sales service is rubbish. i have had the car for 3 weeks now and on checking the tyres they were still at the factory pressure (50psi) and there was too much oil in the engine, i am also concerned that the car appears to lean towards the drivers side.

i rang to ask why this was not fixed at the pdi but was told i needed to speak to the service manger, they left a message for me but that was nearly 2 weeks ago now and even though i have rung 3 times and gone in person he is never there and no one else is able to help me.

I took delivery of a new Avensis t3x from Pentagon Doncaster in November, 2 days later I had to call out the recovery company as the oil filler cap had blown off and covered the engine compartment in oil, some PDI !

The rattles that after 12000 miles are driving me to despare include a buzz from the dash board, strearing column rattle (toyota admit they are waiting for modified parts but cannot tell me when they will arrive) and a rattle from the rear offside door.

The people at Pentagon Doncaster are all very pleasant and reasurring however also completely ineffective.

After nearly 5 months of waiting for some resolution of the problems and no effort from Toyota to inform me of any progress on suppling the modified parts (I have to chase them for any information) I am resolved to either living with a car that rattles worse than a 10 year old Rover or insisting that my leaseing company takes the car back.

It does strike me that a comment that they are waiting for modified parts admits that the car was not correct when supplied, if this is the case any other form of retailer would be faced with either a refund or replacement goods being supplied as a matter of customer rights.

I had the same issue with toyota Dealers JCT 600. But it was not with a new car but with the repair they had done which was very poor.

I phoned the dealer to complain after three atempts of leaving messages no contact then I phones again giving a false name got through. I was told by the dealer that it has now got nothing to do with them and if I had any ptoblems with the repair should go to the repair centre even though I took it to JCT600 (Bradford)

At this point I was P :censor: :censor: :censor: ed off.

Then a mate of mine told me to write a letter of complaint. Within 2 hours of sending the letter of complaint via the net to the customer service dept and to the CEO I got a call from the Area Manager.

The moral of the story is you will not get noticed with phone calls or going down to the dealership in person wasting your time, let them come to you.

Also for the hassle I even gor £100 :P in toyota vouches off them for messing me around.

Hope this helps

Ash

A question for Ash.

Where did you get the net contacts for customer services and the CEO?

Would like to complain myself.

Rgds.

Gary.

xtream.g -

Just went on the the JCT 600 website, looked for customer service Dept rang them up and was told all complaints should be sent to PA of CEO based in the Headoffice, but also sent a letter to the Dealer via e-mail and also posted the letter to the PA of CEO.

I did not want to send it via e-mail just incase it did not get there and probably would have been stopped from getting any way near the Headoffice thats why I posted it.

It works. :thumbsup:

PS I sent it to : -

Mr John Tordoff (Chief Executive)

Tordoff House

158 Sticker Lane

Bradford

BD4 8QG

Hope this help mate. Don't let them fob you off with anything.

Keep us posted.

Ash

Just an update on my situation.

Went to dealership to see service manager and i was shown a document from toyota technical describing the symptoms i have, they have suspicion it is to do with motor which is attached to steering column. It said that they should not replace steering column or attempt any other rectification as it was under investigation. dealer could not give me a time scale of when it would be repaired, said it could be months.

I am writing to toyota gb to ask for refund. I assume they know they are selling faulty vehicles and have no idea at the moment how to fix them.

keep you posted...

Gary..

thats right xtreme m8. if the fault is inherent and deemed to be there at time of purchase you are entitled, under the sale of goods act, for a replacement or refund if you purchased after march '03. (cause thats when they changed the act), which you did. i think the dealer would get into to trouble for being honest and showing the docs though!!. i had problems with my vw and there was a tech update issued but the dealer said if he showed me the contents he would lose the license to sell their cars if they found out.

you could do with a copy of the information from the dealer in case it gets nasty!!.

I know this isn't quite relevant to the service issue, but it still seems that British made Toyota's are not upto standard if there rattling. My old Avensis has turned out to be a terrible car for build and electrical trouble, and it seems that the new ones still rattle a lot - just proves the Japanese made Toyotas are much better, I know someone with a CarinaII who's is still perfect after 14 years, my grandmothers 7 year Starlet is fine, and my dads Camry was rattle free right upto 93k when he got rid of it - i'm not put off Toyota's, but I'm certainly not having another British built one.

Seem's hit and miss with UK cars James as mine is a 98 with no rattle's at all but have noticed a lot of peep's complaining about this :(

Doncaster pentagon are notorious for been crap and if dealing with them firstly phone up trading standard's with your complaint to get it logged, write them a letter giving them 14 day's to rectify the problem, if not solved in the time alloted TS will persue the matter on your behalf at no cost to yourself and will claim for all cost's incurred through your inconvienance.

About time TGB weeded out the bad maindealers and put the customer first instead of fobbing them off all the time.

Seem's hit and miss with UK cars James as mine is a 98 with no rattle's at all but have noticed a lot of peep's complaining about this

I wish it was just rattles, I could cope if it was, but there is somesort of vibration from the sunroof which sounds like a deep thrum but goes away when you press it, it also keeps sagging inwards so there is about 6mm gap between that and the roof of the car, and it also only works when it feels like it so i can't always return it to it's proper position after it has sagged, the drivers window is also temperamental, the trip meter won't reset even after following the manual to the letter, the brakes still squeel after multiple attemps at fixing them - aargh.

A couple of people at work have since told me how crap Toyota's are after they have had Avensis' and I have to keep telling them that proper Japanese built Toyota's are fine.

I'm off to try and find a Camry, there must be one for sale somewhere in the country.

P.S. I tried a facelifted old shape Avensis last week end to see if the build was any better and I managed to pull the sunglasses holder off (at least I think thats what it was) without even encouraging it, I think i'll stick to Japanese for the time being.

xtream.g -

Just went on the the JCT 600 website, looked for customer service Dept rang them up and was told all complaints should be sent to PA of CEO based in the Headoffice, but also sent a letter to the Dealer via e-mail and also posted the letter to the PA of CEO.

I did not want to send it via e-mail just incase it did not get there and probably would have been stopped from getting any way near the Headoffice thats why I posted it.

It works. :thumbsup:

PS I sent it to : -

Mr John Tordoff (Chief Executive)

Tordoff House

158 Sticker Lane

Bradford

BD4 8QG

Hope this help mate. Don't let them fob you off with anything.

Keep us posted.

Ash

JCT no longer own Bradford Toyota

Bought out this week by West Riding Toyota :thumbsup:

• 4 years later...

Although this reply is not related to the purchase of a car i would like to point out a few things regarding the service (or lack of it) from this dealership. I have a Corolla T-sport with FSH and took it there for the full 60,000 mile service in november '07. I didnt have much experience at the time with regards to servicing which is why i chose a Toyota main dealer as i believed it would be in safe hands. After an accident in july '08 my car was repaired by the same dealership but when i got it back i had a couple of problems. I thought these problems were just minor adjustments so i left it at that. I didnt get round to looking at them for about 6 months (stupid of me i know) but they turned out to be costly and even dangerous problems. As id left it so long they wouldnt take reponsibility and quoted me in excess of £600 for the parts alone! Luckily i managed to source some near new parts for £70 and fitted them myself, so saving £530 though it shouldnt have cost me anything!!! This is not my beef as i know i should have returned the car immediately but who would expect this sort of thing from a main dealer? My beef is that when i went through my service sheet from november '07 i found that they hadnt done all the work that should have been done, mainly the changing of the spark plugs which even their service sheet states should be changed at 60,000 miles. These plugs are now gonna cost me in excess of £60, couple that with the £180 ALL IN service id payed for and the parts to fix the accident problems and im left with a hole in my pocket to the tune of £310!!!!

So i would like to warn you all of the type of service given by TOYOTA PENTAGON of DONCASTER and hope if you do use them make sure you check EVERYTHING before accepting it back.

i dont know if this is the same address that ash has but it is listed on the whatcar website

Graham Smith

Managing director

Toyota GB PLC

Great Burgh

Burgh Heath

Epsom

Surrey

KT18 5UX

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/advice_helpline.asp

Gee whizz, what car are a bit behind the times, Graham Smith was on the ark with Noah! Miguel Fonseca has been in charge since 2007

You should make contact with: customer.relations@tgb.toyota.co.uk Despite what people think, sending an email to the MD will not speed up the process for you, it will be sent on to Customer Relations first

Kingo :thumbsup:

i dont know if this is the same address that ash has but it is listed on the whatcar website

Graham Smith

Managing director

Toyota GB PLC

Great Burgh

Burgh Heath

Epsom

Surrey

KT18 5UX

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/advice_helpline.asp

Gee whizz, what car are a bit behind the times, Graham Smith was on the ark with Noah! Miguel Fonseca has been in charge since 2007

You should make contact with: customer.relations@tgb.toyota.co.uk Despite what people think, sending an email to the MD will not speed up the process for you, it will be sent on to Customer Relations first

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hey Kingo..

That reply you quoted was from FIVE years ago ;) :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links