Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard Rattle

DavidAygo

Hi All

Over the last 2-3 weeks my 59 plate Platinum has developed a rattle that appears to come from around the stereo area, possibly a little deeper within the unit. It seems to be quite high frequency rattle but quite a low noise (I hope that makes sense). I have in my mind it is the CD player lens rattling as that seems like the right sound, like a plate on a surface rattling around, but of course I would not be able to hear such as sound over the road noise and radio. Yes I can still hear it over the radio as the sound is quite low as stated! My friend thinks holding the piece of plastic the CD slots into down reduces it?!?!?!?

Any ideas?

THanks

I've narrowed it down the the clear plastic in front of the speedo. This moves slightly when pressed as it is not completely held in place by the grey surround and black housing from around the 0 -80mph mark. Is every one else's Aygos like this? The cowl does seem secure so other than some unsightly blu tack I am unsure of how to fix....

The clear bit isn't held on by the grey surround. It's clipped OVER the black bits you see surrounding the actual dialface.

So if you remove the cowling (like you would to access the fuses), you can see if it's clipped on right.

If not, you can apply some glue of bluetack or similar UNDER the cowling, out of sight...

id take it back to toyota if its 59 plate, warrenty! i wouldnt start gluing car haha

Thanks for your replies. I have had a look, taken the black cowling off, and the lens is clipped as stated. I can't seem to do anything to make it more secure so I will mention at the service due soon. (and take a look if the new ones have the same movement)

DO NOT SAY YOUVE HAD THIS IN BITS or you will get told to bolt!!

all that will be done is an anti rattle kit fitted ie foam with sticky backing and its very comon and also they all have slight movement

i wish we only had one rattle....

its rattle season...always gets worse in our car with the cold weathr, particularly the a pillar trim and around the stereo.

agree on the above.....keep it quiet!

Yeh I'll keep quiet, first time I have noticed these rattles though, there is a mild creak from the stereo area still when it is cold. The speedo is the main one.