Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dpf Or Not?

calamara

Good afternoon everybody,

Can anybody please tell me if my avensis has a diesel particulate filter or not.

It is a May 2007 2.0 d4d 124bhp (indicators in mirrors). T2 hatchback. chain driven.

Not sure if its just 2.2(150bhp)and 2.2(t180)from 2006/7 onwards that have a dpf.

Thanks.

Ours, which is about the same age, and has engine type 1ADFTV does not have a DPF. I think that engine type is on the data plate on the pillar between the passenger side front and rear doors.

Ours, which is about the same age, and has engine type 1ADFTV does not have a DPF. I think that engine type is on the data plate on the pillar between the passenger side front and rear doors.

Thanks Jules, it is indeed 1ad engine ,so it wont have one then.

Hi guys, Just read your post about DPF FILTER

Well I have a 2007 2.0 LTR DVD 5DR and according to the hand book its fitted with the 1AD-FTV engine and does have a DPF.

I REFER TO PAGE 286 of Toyota hand book that came with the car.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me can clarify wether or not it does have a DPF or not as I`m now totally confused.

Just had a more detailed look at the hand book,

and on page 281 it refers to fuel type for the 1AD-FTV and this is exactly what it says:-

1AD-FTV (Without DPF catalytic converter) and 2AD-FTV ENGINES :use only diesel fuel that contains 500ppm or less sulphur.

1AD-FTV (With catalytic converter) and 2AD-FHV ENGINES : use only diesel fuel that contains 50 ppm or less sulphur

So I guess from that info we have to guess whether or not the 1AD- FTV engine has a DPF or not Maybe it does but may be it does`nt.

Does any one know how to answer this question?

Just had a more detailed look at the hand book,

and on page 281 it refers to fuel type for the 1AD-FTV and this is exactly what it says:-

1AD-FTV (Without DPF catalytic converter) and 2AD-FTV ENGINES :use only diesel fuel that contains 500ppm or less sulphur.

1AD-FTV (With catalytic converter) and 2AD-FHV ENGINES : use only diesel fuel that contains 50 ppm or less sulphur

So I guess from that info we have to guess whether or not the 1AD- FTV engine has a DPF or not Maybe it does but may be it does`nt.

Does any one know how to answer this question?

Avensisnut,

I agree,lets hope someone comes along with a absolute definate answer.

afaik they have made both 2.0 & 2.2 D4D with & without DPF (D-CAT) for sale in EU & the UK (different countries marketing chooses what they want to sell & not all variants are available in all countries).

Does your car have D-CAT badges anywhere?

I can`t see any sign of a `D CAT Badge how is this significant?

I can`t see any sign of a `D CAT badge how is this significant?

On both the front wings of my T180 it has D-CAT badges which means it has one...

My searches suggest that DPF / D-CAT 2.0 Avensis models are pretty rare and possibly an option on some models, rather than a standard feature. I wonder whether any of the data from the ECU would indicate whether it is a DPF model and whether it could be captures using an OBDII reader?

Good afternoon everyone,

Thankyou very much for all your replies,I think this is a great forum with many knowledgeble people contributing.

07d4d avensis 2.0 dpf or not.....3 points

1. I went to Warrington toyota,asked a mechanic does it or doesnt it, he looked at front wings,-no d-cat badges,I lifted bonnet, he immediately said NO because the D4D on engine cover were not green, he also had a quick look around the engine and said a definate NO.

2. Then I went to toyota salford quays, same question,he took the VIN number, looked on the system, came out to me and said the are only on the 2.2.

3. Was reading Which car mag (2008) in library, describing the 2.0D4D (facelift)as a best buy, "but there is no particulate filter"

4. And lastly, I e-mailed Toyota UK, same question, gave allthe car details,theysay they will reply within 72 hrs.

Thanks to all of you, as soon as I hear from toyota,will post.

happy days.

afaik they have made both 2.0 & 2.2 D4D with & without DPF (D-CAT) for sale in EU & the UK (different countries marketing chooses what they want to sell & not all variants are available in all countries).

Does your car have D-CAT badges anywhere?

You are right,

the 1ad-ftv (2.0) came in a DPF format.

Its know as dcat.

Look on your engine cover, if the lettering is black - no dpf

if its green it has dpf.

Hi all,

thanks for the info on the `D CAT` badges

Just been to make sure what`s on the engine cover on my 2.0 dvd and it`s definately got no green lettering so I guess that means there`s no DPF. (Will still be interested to see what reply comes from Toyota)

I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this question of whether or not the 2.0 dvd has a DPF so thanks to :-

cmia, jules8343, heidfirst and of course calamara who first raised the question

Cheers guys

I've just seen this, so it may answer my recent question. (Awaiting Avensisnut's reply from Toyota with fingers crossed.)

I've just seen this, so it may answer my recent question. (Awaiting Avensisnut's reply from Toyota with fingers crossed.)

Good evening everyone,

I heard back from toyota uk, they said they were forwarding my e-mail onto customer services, so we are still waiting,it does look like 2.0 d4d 2007 onwards does not have a dpf, but would still like to hear from toyota, either way......as soon as I hear, I will post.

Good evening everyone,

I heard back from toyota uk, they said they were forwarding my e-mail onto customer services, so we are still waiting,it does look like 2.0 d4d 2007 onwards does not have a dpf, but would still like to hear from toyota, either way......as soon as I hear, I will post.

ask to speak to customer services ;)

• 2 years later...

Hi to everyone!

Im a new member and have been following this post regarding whether your Advensis 2.0 T2 D4D has a particulate filter or not.

Calamara said he was waiting to hear back from Toyota's Customer Service for a definitive answer, but I havent found his post stating the outcome.

Did I miss it, or are we still waiting?

Apologies in advance if ive missed it.

Like to add that this is a great forum and appreciate everyones posts on this site.

Hi to everyone!

Im a new member and have been following this post regarding whether your Advensis 2.0 T2 D4D has a particulate filter or not.

Calamara said he was waiting to hear back from Toyota's Customer Service for a definitive answer, but I havent found his post stating the outcome.

Did I miss it, or are we still waiting?

Apologies in advance if ive missed it.

Like to add that this is a great forum and appreciate everyones posts on this site.

Hi mighty Atom,

I never did hear back from Toyota, but like the other guys have said, the 2.0d4d facelift does definately not have a DPF,...the only variant in the t25 series 56reg onwards to have a dpf is the T180/2.2. Cheers.

Many thanks Calamara for replying to my post.

I was wanting to know as the cost of engine oil for cars fitted with DPF is around £20 more expensive than those without one fitted.

So I may have been shelling out more than necessary!

Thanks again I found this article to be most benificial.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links