Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Wing Mirror - £518 !

SMH13

Hello

Just wanted to share my misfortune in coming in to contact with a complete :censor: !!

Luckily I got the vans company name and number plate ! Phoned the company and police as the driver came out of a side road whil'st I was travelling past on the main road. The driver did not stop either.

Anyway , Toyota emailed me a quote to replace my wing mirror... £518 (inc fitting ) !!

Now is it me or do you think that is ridiculous!

:eek:

Yes that is mad !!! Follow link below to a breaker that is braking Rav and mail them to see how much they can supply one for ?? Of course You will likely have to paint the cover but painting both covers in satin black could be an option.....

The mirror on My Wifes old Focus got scuffed and painting in original body colour was quite expensive on what was an old car.. So I bought the damaged cover for 12 quid off eBay and sprayed both covers in satin black. It looked the business and cost next to nothing....

If You cannot do the paint then consider sending them to Me (Just the Covers) and I will paint them in Satin black for You no bother ...

The Link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-2-2-TOYOTA-RAV4-XT4-D-4D-AVAILIBLE-BREAKING-WHEEL-NUT-/170697310201?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27be5a3ff9#ht_1628wt_698

Wee Charlie.

Anyway , Toyota emailed me a quote to replace my wing mirror... £518 (inc fitting ) !!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That is a crazy price....I am seriously thinking about becoming a mechanic.

Hello

Just wanted to share my misfortune in coming in to contact with a complete :censor: !!

Luckily I got the vans company name and number plate ! Phoned the company and police as the driver came out of a side road whil'st I was travelling past on the main road. The driver did not stop either.

Now is it me or do you think that is ridiculous!

:eek:

Which side is it Stella? I'm guessing passenger as you say the van came out of a side road?

It's just that I have a brand new driver side mirror sitting in my garage............

I've also got some of the colour coded covers but can't for the life of me remember which side or what colour they are.

If you don't get any joy from the company or their insurance and you need to sort it yourself PM me and I'll have a rummage in the gargage to see if I can help out - the cover on it's own is some ridiculous price from Toyota :eek:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nice idea...but the motor trade is a hard place to ply a living at the moment,parts prices are so excessive,cant just buy the little bit that has failed but the entire unit at a higher cost. :ph34r:

:thumbsup: Thank you so much , will see if I get them to pay out.

If not I shall be in touch.

The breakdown from Toyota was :

Paint Cover £50

General work £39.98

Mirror to Door £299.29

Glass £42.82

Sub Total £432.09

VAT £86.42

Total £518.51 !!!!

Nice idea...but the motor trade is a hard place to ply a living at the moment,parts prices are so excessive,cant just buy the little bit that has failed but the entire unit at a higher cost. :ph34r:

why will they not sell the component parts anymore and you have to buy whole unit? Scapyards must be making a fortune.......I remember when I was looking for a tailgate for a 4.2 rav4......Like rocking horse !Removed! over here......plenty of uk tailgates abroad though.

Paint Cover £50

General work £39.98

Mirror to Door £299.29

Glass £42.82

Sub Total £432.09

VAT £86.42

Total £518.51 !!!!

Those prices are just out of this world........I dont know what to say............. :crybaby: General work cost not too bad though

Paint Cover £50

General work £39.98

Mirror to Door £299.29

Glass £42.82

Sub Total £432.09

VAT £86.42

Total £518.51 !!!!

Those prices are just out of this world........I dont know what to say............. :crybaby: General work cost not too bad though

I have a couple of sentences if it would help .................................. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wee Charlie.

Thats crazy money! Tell them you dont want the 24k gold ones! just the bog standard ones!!! What a :censor: rip off. :blink:

:huh: I am going in to Toyota tomorrow to see Dave in parts and see if I can just get the glass and backing - which I have been told exists !! If the other party pays and the main unit is damaged will look at replacing the lot. Apparently parts were amazed at the price it came to ! :eek:

I wouldnt mind but they have quoted a mirror and mirror glass, the glass comes on a complete mirror the numpties

You can buy a mirror cover, painted, at less than they want for painting it

better buy your parts from me Stella ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Why dont you buy a cheap aftermarket alternative wing mirror? Despite knowing its not the real deal, it will look the same and do the same job thus saving you loads? I hear the guys at lidl might be able to help you out.... ;-)

That is appalling. Buy some superglue and glassbond.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links