Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intercooler

illgryphon

Went to the NE today to see nrgizer, and get my intercooler fitted. Massive thanks to Sanj for his time, tools, and expertise. :thumbsup:

I have some photo's during fitment, and with it fitted.

SAM_0335.jpg

SAM_0334.jpg

SAM_0333.jpg

SAM_0332.jpg

SAM_0331.jpg

SAM_0330.jpg

SAM_0329.jpg

LOL, we had a couple of issues.

one was the black pipe on the supercharger didn't appear to have any reinforcement so it was a bit faffy.

The other was the TTE bumper reduces the space for the pipework.

On mine, I put a massive intercooler in and ran both pipes through the same side.

247274_10150628096045634_549210633_19081275_6322485_n.jpg

Awesome Job looks amazing. What other benefits are there for doing this?

Great job mate! Any performance difference? How much did it cost if u don't mind me asking? I might do what bambers is planning to do and put a bigger supercharger on it. Apparently the temp goes down by 10c!! That's if i keep it.

So jealous!! :blushing: Looks awsome mate ! very mean looking , whats the deal with all the black gaffa tape on the S/C ??

Etihad....A larger S/C really ? Where from and how much ? That would be interesting to see what happens lol

i know what would happen with mine....:blowup:

intercooler are one thing i don't understand properly. why is a bigger intercooler automatically bigger? i was under the impression that the turbo/charger had to 'fill' the intercooler and so bigger intercooler with stock turbo/charger would be detrimental? or is that utter rubbish?

whats the deal with all the black gaffa tape on the S/C ??

its a black silicon hose you numpty ;)

Good job on the IC it looks awesome :thumbsup: just beware of phesants and other road animals

intercooler are one thing i don't understand properly. why is a bigger intercooler automatically bigger? i was under the impression that the turbo/charger had to 'fill' the intercooler and so bigger intercooler with stock turbo/charger would be detrimental? or is that utter rubbish?

There can be lag from the boost entering the engine with a bigger intercooler the whole point of it is to lower the temperature of the air entering the engine as the compressor doesnt have one as far as im aware this should prove a good increase in power and efficency at the cost of additional weight

So jealous!! :blushing: Looks awsome mate ! very mean looking , whats the deal with all the black gaffa tape on the S/C ??

Etihad....A larger S/C really ? Where from and how much ? That would be interesting to see what happens lol

i know what would happen with mine....:blowup:

Yeah apparently you can get a bigger supercharger, its still the same make (Ogura). I think the psi would be set the same, its just because its bigger blades inside it doesn't need to spin ad fast to produce the same pressure, and therefore will run cooler. I think he said its about £600 for a new one and piping etc doesn't need changing just plug and play sort of thing.

Good job on the IC it looks awesome :thumbsup: just beware of phesants and other road animals

That my friend is gaffa tape

SAM_0333.jpg

That my friend is gaffa tape

fail lol that what happens when your net is only 512k and you think all the image is loaded :eek:

took me a while to spot it too! :thumbsup:

Still not sure why its on like?

Lol what's with the fascination over the gaffa tape! It's to stop stuff falling inside when fitting the pipes lol

Have you noticed any performance gains yet? I bet the s/c would run a lot smoother ? Really can't get over how good the front end looks now with the TTE bumper and the hoses exposed slightly. Big thumbs up from me mate!

Cars need more gaffa tape I recon lol, Jap drift style - hold up certain areas lol, would be concerned if you needed gaffa tape to hold the S/C in place thou....haha

It's definately working, after just 5 mins you can feel the temp difference on the intercooler at inlet and outlet. I have been driving it carefully really because it needs mapping, but before that i need to sort out what i am doing with the pulley.

after you've done all these mods what kind of bhp are you aiming for/expecting to see?

what oil cooler and intercooler have you got on your car nrgizerbunny? or is universal fittings?

• 2 months later...