Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More Leaks ( Sorry) Aygo Go

grinner82

This is not a surprise really, I knew that at some point the car would leak. Passenger door well. Mine is a 2011, built in Jan of this year. Having just got off the phone to toyota they say that have done water tests and cannot find the point of ingress. ( again not surprised as it can not be replicated in tests)

The odd thing is, and the reason for the post is that RMB Toyota state that as of october 2010 all mods were put onto the aygo to stop leaks, such as re designed door seals etc, and that they can not carry out any work because the Toyota GB want to see the physical car them selves as they want to know of any leaks post this october date.

Toyota GB have stated to the garage that they must be informed of any problems and work can only be authorised by them....... Is this a load of BS?

I told the managed at the garage, that this is a common problem, that I require it fixing and that I am not happy having to pay my insurance company £18 for the courtesy car!

I await the result

The odd thing is, and the reason for the post is that RMB Toyota state that as of october 2010 all mods were put onto the aygo to stop leaks, such as re designed door seals etc, and that they can not carry out any work because the Toyota GB want to see the physical car them selves as they want to know of any leaks post this october date.

Toyota GB have stated to the garage that they must be informed of any problems and work can only be authorised by them....... Is this a load of BS?

That is entirely correct, any water leaks on cars after the final re-design MUST be inspected by Toyota first before the dealer can do any work on it. Your dealer will be in touch with the field team to arrange an inspection

Kingo :thumbsup:

Many thanks, as an update, after 20 minutes of pouring water over the little car, a leak was found! It was comming in from the B pillar then comming forwards into the front foot well. Toyota have taken a photo of this and will send it off to Toyota GB who will give instruction what to do!

Thanks KINGO for the info, which I know is correct now. All credit to RMB Toyota who were very Police and rang through out the day with updates. Cant fault the service, just the designer, I mean how hard is it to make a car water tight!?

The one seal was never going to be enough. Other cars have two. Think its cost cutting gone too far!!!!!

Hello,

I am really sorry to hear of your experience's with your Aygo 2011 and leaks. My Aygo Black 2010 is at Arnold Clark just now with similar problems. 2 weeks ago I noticed that my front and rear carpets and mats were soaked through. The car went to Arnold Clark and they confirmed the problem was with leaks due to issues that were supposed to have been resolved. I have spoken to AC today and there is also water coming via the ariel through the interior light and leaking onto the carpets. My interior light as a yellow/orange stain on it.

I fell really angry because just before I bought my Aygo i asked the salesman if this issue has been resolved? He informed me that it had and I would have no problems at all. This allied with AC feet dragging regarding fixing the problem and made it a tiresome week. I am now not sure when I will get my car back. After 1 day's inspection I was told 2 or 3 days at the most. Its now looking like 4 to 5 and if you include the inspection day 6!

I have emailed Toyota and look forward to there reply.

6 Years to iron out a problem is not acceptable - glad I did not get the Aygo Go and went for an IQ instead.

True, its not, but its a cheap car, cheap to run, and the fix is free so I am not to bothered. I still love it!

The IQ is a joke, its so small it must suffer more from wind and with that lack of space I cant see anyone outside of London ever buying one. Think its value will drop like a stone. I can understand saying the Aygo is rubbish and going for something bigger, Fiesta/Astra but to go for the IQ, really......

The problem can't be fixed unless the re design the whole car. They wont tell you this and lie so they can sell you a car. I prefer water leaks to mechanical failure although its not ideal. Mine seems ok so far after a years use.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in the country side and there are lots of IQs, do a lot of motorways as well and I see many. I think they are great, and you dont need space in a car, you can get shopping delivered, most other items from places like B&Q and aegos etc.

In relation to the leak,It went back to Toyota today as they said they have got the parts to fix it. They did said that they had not tried this fix on a aygo!!

Its now raining outside so time will tell to see if it worked!

• 1 month later...

Found a leak in my boot on the left has side running all the way down to a pool of water in the spare wheel well only checked it cause there condensation constnatly on my front windscreen on the inside now i moped it all up but i defo know there is a leek whats the advice guys take it to Toyota (06) Aygo Black or quick fixes its either the left rear light or something else on the left rear of the vehicle, i did have the car washed by JCT 600 on the 21st of November so that might have been how it got in still any advice would be great

Thanks

Found a leak in my boot on the left has side running all the way down to a pool of water in the spare wheel well only checked it cause there condensation constnatly on my front windscreen on the inside now i moped it all up but i defo know there is a leek whats the advice guys take it to Toyota (06) Aygo Black or quick fixes its either the left rear light or something else on the left rear of the vehicle, i did have the car washed by JCT 600 on the 21st of November so that might have been how it got in still any advice would be great

Thanks

Unscrew and reseal the rear high level brake light, shows symptoms of coming from the rear lights but the leak is height than the light seals, took me a fair bit of time to sort it out , now dry as a bone and has been for the last two years.

Thanks

Unscrew and reseal the rear high level brake light, shows symptoms of coming from the rear lights but the leak is height than the light seals, took me a fair bit of time to sort it out , now dry as a bone and has been for the last two years.

Update:

Found both sides of the bottom of boot is wet and so is the material that is surrounding the boot comparment i did unscrew the rear level brake light and saw that the wood behind it was wet and there was water inside it but not knowing what to do i came back here

Unclebob you mean unscrew it and use sealant on it then screw the light back on and what kind should i use? brand prefrence and where to get it from

Thanks

Thanks

Update:

Found both sides of the bottom of boot is wet and so is the material that is surrounding the boot comparment i did unscrew the rear level brake light and saw that the wood behind it was wet and there was water inside it but not knowing what to do i came back here

Unclebob you mean unscrew it and use sealant on it then screw the light back on and what kind should i use? brand prefrence and where to get it from

Thanks

The foam gasket around the lamp is rubbish, remove lamp add Black RVT sealer over the foam gasket and refit, yes you will get some sealer squeeze out, clean up around it and let it set. Side note... make sure there is no crack across the lamp by the washer jet, if yes buy a new lamp

Took some pictures today and i will be doing the re sealing shortly

20111218142824.jpg

The lense doesn't appear to have a crack in it

20111218142834.jpg

Also noticed the rubber stick up this isn't anything to do with the leaking is it? ill get it sealed down too