Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Plastic Cover Clips

Darius28

Hi guys, i remember seeing some posts about it with the link from fleebay, but now can find it. So maybe someone knows where i could get engine cover clips, also for plastics underneath the car? thanks

I had the plastic under engine covers replace it cost £400 for the 2 fitted at the Toyota dealers, the design is crazy,they are easily damaged on a curb. The bumper is like a claw, it slides on to the curb but grabs when you reverse off which pulls the bolts on the plastic covers

Hi guys, i remember seeing some posts about it with the link from fleebay, but now can find it. So maybe someone knows where i could get engine cover clips, also for plastics underneath the car? thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=toyota+clips&_sacat=See-All-Categories

also, the undercarriage is normally held by screws not clips.

If you have lost them use zip ties or buy new screws.

Thanks guys for the info. My engine covers havent got any clips, screws holding them at the moment. Undercover seems fixed on by god knows what, and i guess its not attached properly. Is possible that this cover can make right rattling noise when going through rougher surface which it can be heard inside. As i took my car to 3 different garages asking to check the suspension and they couldn't find anything. Had a service done recently and that annoying noise just increased.

Thanks guys for the info. My engine covers havent got any clips, screws holding them at the moment. Undercover seems fixed on by god knows what, and i guess its not attached properly. Is possible that this cover can make right rattling noise when going through rougher surface which it can be heard inside. As i took my car to 3 different garages asking to check the suspension and they couldn't find anything. Had a service done recently and that annoying noise just increased.

The undercarriage acts as a airduct to cool the engine.

It will only work correctly if installed correctly, whilst driving the car the undercarriage if not installed correctly will wobble and make rattling and flexing noises.

You need to make sure they have installed it correctly, especially the rear of it.

Which car have you got?

What year?

It will only work correctly if installed correctly, whilst driving the car the undercarriage if not installed correctly will wobble and make rattling and flexing noises.

You need to make sure they have installed it correctly, especially the rear of it.

Which car have you got?

What year?

Cheers cmia, i have 04 reg Avensis t3x. Need to find a pit hole or something like it to have a look whats going on underneath.

i know its of the topic, but i had passenger side headlight bulb changed and notices its glowing bit differently as it used to. tried to adjust with the wheel for headlights height but the passenger one isnt moving and dont know why. Is there any screws near the headlight where i can adjust the beams? also where is that motor which moves headlights? thanks

Which car have you got?

What year?

Cheers cmia, i have 04 reg Avensis t3x. Need to find a pit hole or something like it to have a look whats going on underneath.

i know its of the topic, but i had passenger side headlight bulb changed and notices its glowing bit differently as it used to. tried to adjust with the wheel for headlights height but the passenger one isnt moving and dont know why. Is there any screws near the headlight where i can adjust the beams? also where is that motor which moves headlights? thanks

If you can get the car jacked up and have a stand underneath its as easy to do.

These headlights are very bad for bulb holders to go faulty / bulbs not to seat correctly.

The motor is at the back of the headlight, the adjuster for the high and low beams are on the top.

Best way to do it, is to set the auto adjuster to 5,

remove the bulb, inspect the holder for burn marks or look to see if it has melted.

if not reseat the bulb and try.

good luck

The front of my old engine undercover blew out under the car at a bout 60mph and doubled back underneath scraping the ground. Make sure they are secure

• 1 month later...

Have just bought full set of clips including round plastic nut for Battery cover from Mr T for about £17.....to replace the top 2 covers would be about £120....needless to say mines getting fixed with super glue :o

• 2 years later...

I had something fall out of a tree and pass under my car whilst driving along one night.

Sometime later I jacked up the car and found a number of engine plastic coverings damaged, out of position and some of retaining clips / fixings missing.

After a bit of a struggle (limited height) I managed to put all the covers back in postion, replacing the missing clips / fixings with something simliar.

I did see the little hatch way for accessing the oil filter (2008 1.8 petrol) but no such hatch way for the engine oil drain plug.

Any idea where it is located and will I need to remove any of the covers I had just refitted to drain the engine oil?

thanks

I always fully remove the offside panel to do the oil change. The flap for the oil filter isn't really big enough and leaving the panel in place will result in spillage. There's only half a dozen clips/bolts - removing them gives better access and a clearer view of any other possible leaks/problems.