Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hand Brake Adjustment

mason jack

Hi all. I have a 56 2.2 tourer which i have to park on a steep drive at home. This means pulling the hand brake on very tight as well nas leaving in gear and pumping servo before switching off engine. This does the job, but over time results in the hand brake lever getting higher and higher.Therefor, how do i adjust the hand brake, is it done at the wheels end?, or is the cable adjusted elsewhere?, is this a job i could do with average mechanical skills? This could be done at the next service, 70,000, but this is not due untill early next year. Many thanks.

Take a look at Anch's posts on how to change the brakes on the car in the Rav section. There you'll find how to adjust the handbrake and inner parking shoes on the rear. I did mine sometime ago and you need to take off the rear wheels to get access to the disc hub. Its quite easy to do. But Anch's (Moderator on here) has all the pictures that walk you through it. Pictures paint a thousand words :thumbsup::toast: :toast:

Take a look at Anch's posts on how to change the brakes on the car in the Rav section. There you'll find how to adjust the handbrake and inner parking shoes on the rear. I did mine sometime ago and you need to take off the rear wheels to get access to the disc hub. Its quite easy to do. But Anch's (Moderator on here) has all the pictures that walk you through it. Pictures paint a thousand words :thumbsup::toast: :toast:

Hi Mistermena, thanks for reply, but how do i access Anch's pics from the Rav forum?. As you can guess, i'm not very good at finding my way around these forums yet.

Many thanks Heidfirst for link to pics, great info', will sort this w'end. Thamks to all for info'.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links