Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo Go! Service Option Query

rabbitmumu

Hi all. I am new to this forum as I may be having a new Aygo Go as early as next week :D

I have opted for the 3-yr finance deal and have the first 2 services free. I was told that I could add £99 now (which will be added to the finance deal) and that will include the 3rd year service.

My question is: I know £99 is not a lot even including interests and it's cheaper than the market price. But if I will be trading it in 3 years time (ie most likely say 1-2 months before the end of year 3), is it actually worth getting this £99 deal now? I guess if i sold the car privately or decide to keep it then it could be worth it? Anyone has similar offer from your dealers?

Many thanks

Hi all. I am new to this forum as I may be having a new Aygo Go as early as next week :D

I have opted for the 3-yr finance deal and have the first 2 services free. I was told that I could add £99 now (which will be added to the finance deal) and that will include the 3rd year service.

My question is: I know £99 is not a lot even including interests and it's cheaper than the market price. But if I will be trading it in 3 years time (ie most likely say 1-2 months before the end of year 3), is it actually worth getting this £99 deal now? I guess if i sold the car privately or decide to keep it then it could be worth it? Anyone has similar offer from your dealers?

Many thanks

I wouldn't - why give them your money and then have the hassle of trying to get it back or transfer it to another owner if you sell your car?

I had 2 free services on a Prius but only used one and when I sold it to the same group of garages but at another location they couldn't transfer it to my Aygo - but you may be more fortunate as I had a rogue salesperson when I bought the Prius.

Interested that you are going for the Aygo Go! after an IQ. I have only had mine a few weeks but very pleased with it so far. I did wonder whether I should have looked at an IQ - but had that thought rather late after I had bought the Aygo!! I thought the IQ was more expensive than it is and wanted a budget car with minimal running costs to go with my wife's RAV4 that I have also just bought and will use for motorways and holidays.

David

Hi David. Many thanks for your quick reply and your thoughts.

I got to be honest - if I had the money I would have gone for the IQ. Even a 2nd hand one. But my partner and I have been very stressed out for the last year deciding what to go for - IQ2, Smart, Fiat 500 and recently Aygo.

We did consider a second hand IQ2 but anything that were registered before June 2010 doesn't come with the 5-yr warranty. Anything nearly new I might as well get a brand new one. We have been having a Smart 42 from new and seeing how much value it has dropped over the last few years regardless of our ridiculously low mileage I don't really want to be on the same boat with a Toyota a few years down the line.... The other problem we have got is that I need an auto and very fussy about the colour .. so there isn't much choice for a second hand IQ2 whereas for a brand new one we might as well got for a fiat 500 which my partner also prefers.... (this is why we have been unable to decide for so long :D)

So it seems more realistic to have a lower value car and that also would cover us if we have a child. Also Toyota is doing good deals on Aygo... Even though I am not a car person, and the Smart was my first car, I can tell the difference between the IQ and Aygo... The IQ is a lot smoother and nicer in town....

Given you have got a RAV4, I think it's sensible to have the Aygo instead of the IQ... The premium they place on this funky IQ is (i think) worth every penny but too much to be a second car....(I am still trying to convince myself that I am SENSIBLE to get the Aygo before paying for the deposit sometime today :D )

Hi David. Many thanks for your quick reply and your thoughts.

I got to be honest - if I had the money I would have gone for the IQ. Even a 2nd hand one. But my partner and I have been very stressed out for the last year deciding what to go for - IQ2, Smart, Fiat 500 and recently Aygo.

We did consider a second hand IQ2 but anything that were registered before June 2010 doesn't come with the 5-yr warranty. Anything nearly new I might as well get a brand new one. We have been having a Smart 42 from new and seeing how much value it has dropped over the last few years regardless of our ridiculously low mileage I don't really want to be on the same boat with a Toyota a few years down the line.... The other problem we have got is that I need an auto and very fussy about the colour .. so there isn't much choice for a second hand IQ2 whereas for a brand new one we might as well got for a fiat 500 which my partner also prefers.... (this is why we have been unable to decide for so long :D)

So it seems more realistic to have a lower value car and that also would cover us if we have a child. Also Toyota is doing good deals on Aygo... Even though I am not a car person, and the Smart was my first car, I can tell the difference between the IQ and Aygo... The IQ is a lot smoother and nicer in town....

Given you have got a RAV4, I think it's sensible to have the Aygo instead of the IQ... The premium they place on this funky IQ is (i think) worth every penny but too much to be a second car....(I am still trying to convince myself that I am SENSIBLE to get the Aygo before paying for the deposit sometime today :D )

The only thing that would concern me with what you say is if you have a child the Aygo probably wouldn't be the right car. I am thinking where would a push-chair go?

We bought a new Micra (I am going back 25 years!) and found we couldn't easily get the pushchair for our first child in the boot and ended up trading it in for a larger car a few months later. I know my wife wouldn't use the Aygo with our two young grandchildren and their car seats and pushchairs.

Sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear!

Good luck!

David

"The only thing that would concern me with what you say is if you have a child the Aygo probably wouldn't be the right car. I am thinking where would a push-chair go?"

We've had our Aygo since our daughter was 9 months old. Never a problem getting a pushchair or buggy in the car, you just need to buy the right ones. A Quinny Zapp fits perfectly.

£99 + interest for a third service is about what it would cost anyway. Keep the money and pay for the third service if required.

"The only thing that would concern me with what you say is if you have a child the Aygo probably wouldn't be the right car. I am thinking where would a push-chair go?"

We've had our Aygo since our daughter was 9 months old. Never a problem getting a pushchair or buggy in the car, you just need to buy the right ones. A Quinny Zapp fits perfectly.

£99 + interest for a third service is about what it would cost anyway. Keep the money and pay for the third service if required.

I'd second that.

Services seem to run about £100.00 then £200.00 then the third is about £100.00

Worry about it when the time comes.

Ian.

Services at 10.000 then 20.000 then 30.000 etc, the first in a minor one, second full, third, minor.

If you are getting new, then try and get it in the deal, just say you want 3 years free service. I have that with mine. Also got free Gap insurance and that wax stuff.

£100 will be round about the price of a service, I would haggle!

Services are £183 for the first and third service at my local Toyota, seems steep. The Aygo can take a pushchair as I have one that fits perfect. The Aygo does make sense as a cheap run around.

I never understand the appeal of the IQ, its expensive for what it is and too small to be of any use on the secondhand market.

Thank you all for your replies.

Actually I managed to get some additional £ discounts on top of their £860 advertised amount so I don't think they would give me anything further like 3rd year insurance/ wax (I have kind of asked but they said no)....probably I will ask my partner (who needs to be more thick skin) to ask for a full tank of petrol when we pick up the car next week.

Daveyjp - thanks for telling me the pushchair make that fits into the Agyo !! LOL. :D .. I will bookmark that and if we have a child then I will definitely consider that :)

Marty B - your service is expensive!

IQ - this is the only car that I don't feel sick as a passenger when my partner drives. We have test driven the Fiat 500 twin air (the car salesman noticed I was pale when I got out of the car).. our current Smart I have been suffering for years. Agyo auto I am not used to it when start moving the car as it feels like it's going to stall + a bit sick as a passenger. So I still love the IQ except I don't want to be left behind at Ikea at 12am again as we couldn't fit everything in the smart and my partner had to make 2 trips :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links