Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiper Blades Size

ahappychappie

Hi,

Something very simple is causing a lot of confusion! I have a 2010 Avensis Tourer, I need to replace the Wiper Blades. I've checked for prices but I'm getting different results for size required. Obvious answer is measure the blades - however I'm currently working away from home and it'll be a little while before I'm back - I was hoping I could order so waiting for me when I get back. Here are the sizes I'm being quoted:

Halfords, size is 24" & 16"

wiperblades.co.uk state 26" & 16"

autobulbsdirect.co.uk state 26" and 18"

If anyone can confirm it would be appreciated. If anyone can recommend a type (eg Bosch aerotwin) and a place to buy that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I have Avensis 2011 saloon blades are 26/16 not sure if they are the same as the tourer blades though

Hi,

Something very simple is causing a lot of confusion! I have a 2010 Avensis Tourer, I need to replace the wiper blades. I've checked for prices but I'm getting different results for size required. Obvious answer is measure the blades - however I'm currently working away from home and it'll be a little while before I'm back - I was hoping I could order so waiting for me when I get back. Here are the sizes I'm being quoted:

Halfords, size is 24" & 16"

wiperblades.co.uk state 26" & 16"

autobulbsdirect.co.uk state 26" and 18"

If anyone can confirm it would be appreciated. If anyone can recommend a type (eg Bosch aerotwin) and a place to buy that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hello, personally i've never found a replacement wiper blade as good as the original and Toyota will supply and fit them on a fixed price promise found here,

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/frame_start.jsp?id=Fixed_Repairs

Regards Pete.

typical of Halfords to get the wrong size and to think the avensis takes a standard fitting,i got a new set of Bosch from wiperblades uk good but not cheap,toyota only replace the rubbers and not the complete blade.

I had Bosch blades on my Avensis and they were terrible, really noisy and smeared the water all the time.

I changed to the flat Valeo blades from Halfords and they were brilliant.

Hello, personally i've never found a replacement wiper blade as good as the original and Toyota will supply and fit them on a fixed price promise found here,

http://www.toyota.co...d=Fixed_Repairs

Regards Pete.

The parts used on the price promise are the range of Optifit parts, sadly, there are no Optifit blades for the new shape Avensis, only rubbers as mentioned above, we do keep mentioning this fact to Toyota but they dont seem to be able to make that distinction on the website

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 4 years later...

The Wiper Blades on eBay have the wrong push button for the 2010 saloon model, the button it too far from the shoulder. The right model is in Halfords at £35.00.

The blade end however has a clip action that allows the removal of the end very easily, so I slipped out the old rubbers and replaced with the rubber from the eBay set. Good as new.

WP_20160707_14_46_34_Pro[1].jpg

WP_20160707_14_47_09_Pro[1].jpg

I know the correct sizes and fitting for my Avensis Tourer Mk3. the fronts are 16" and 26", whilst the rear is 12". 

The fronts are Bosch Aero twin wipers, and the rear Denso H307.  

Places like Halfords still get it wrong.  

If its any help, the Bosch part number from Euro Car Parts is A539S.

I usually wait for one of their special promotions before purchasing these. Last set cost £31. The website is very user friendly and if you haven't used it before, just type in your car reg and it should take you to the parts you want relevant to your car.

A little tip which works for me to extend the working life of the blades, is to rub pure alcohol over the rubbers once in a while. It works wonders and helps prevent smearing

• Like 1

Hi to all for the information regarding Wiper Blades, thank you your help is appreciated.

Botany Bay

botanybay/Brian the T25 & T27 have different fitments.

this is the Bosch wiper catalogue http://aa-boschap-de.resource.bosch.com/media/commonly_used_media/common_media/ap_common/parts/de_6/service_parts/wipers_service_parts/downloads_aerotwin_flat_wipers_1/kll_wischer_sec_1987720304_de_2015.pdf

Konrad et al, the rear wiper for a T27 estate is H307 in Bosch as well as Denso.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links