Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor Clutch Vibration

Rob1980

Please look at this thread, http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129472

Toyota have stripped down the clutch and along with the warranty company they say that no fault has been found! Apparently everything is normal! How can this be the case? It never used to vibrate violently up my leg when changing gear so something must be wrong.

To add insult to injury, they say that as there is "no fault" I am liable for the cost of the labour which is £650! Could anyone please give me some advice regarding what to say to them? I really do not want to pay the money as something must be wrong, mechanically something must be wrong surely??

I'm sorry to start another thread but I am desperate for help.

Sorry I forgot to add, they said that all they could find was a bit of corrosion on the fingers....

I guess all you can do is stand firm?

Test drive it now they've looked at it - if it still does it then it's clearly not right is it, tell them that looking at the clutch and gear box assembly was an inevitable area that had to be examined since that is what appears to be at fault - its not your fault that it appears to be okay, and until it's fixed they'll have to keep looking in to it?

I guess all you can do is stand firm?

Test drive it now they've looked at it - if it still does it then it's clearly not right is it, tell them that looking at the clutch and gear box assembly was an inevitable area that had to be examined since that is what appears to be at fault - its not your fault that it appears to be okay, and until it's fixed they'll have to keep looking in to it?

Thanks for the reply Ben. They have said that they will fit a new clutch kit but they want me to pay an extra £300 for that! If this corrects the fault then surely thats machanical and down to warrenty?

Currently the clutch is in pieces waiting for my instruction. Should I tell them to go ahead with the work and then argue that the fault is still there or corrected so it was mechanical? The only other option open to me is to have it put back together obviously faulty with it unfixed and face a £600 labour charge. this situation is really getting to me.

Bit of a difficult one really... If they put a new clutch in and it's cured then they might argue that the clutch is a serviceable / consumable part and might not be covered under warranty.. It all depends what the warranty covers. If they put in a new clutch and it's still not fixed it's definitely 'mechanical' surely?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links