Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Tyres For Iq3

Mrs H

As the darker nights are drawing in, and due to the noticable drop in temperature this week, I've been thinking about purchasing some Winter Tyres for my iQ3.

I've got a quote from my local Toyota in Cheltenham at £534.86 inc VAT and fitting. This seems a little expensive considering my tyres aren't exactly large or low profile.

I have tried calling round other local tyre stores, but no-one else seems to even be able to get the size tyre I need in winter versions, so it looks like my only option might be Mr T.

The tyre size on my car is 175/60/R16 (H rated). Even finding summer tyres limits me to just two choices at most tyre places.

I've not looked at any 'online' stores as I would ideally like to have them fitted to my current alloys rather than have steel wheels.

Has anyone had the same problem as me? And if you have had them fitted which tyre brand are they? Help!

The tyre size does limit your choice, I can do you 4 x Falcon winter tyres for £423 delivered to any UK mainland address, I dont have them on the shelf but can get them to you in a few days. Our normal stock of winter tyre is Yokohama but cant get those in that specific size

Winter tyres will be difficult to get hold of again this year unless your supplier has reserved stocks, Toyota have reserved thousands of them, but just wait until the first snowflake, you wont be able to get them. I can advertise tyres at a tenner each (subject to availability) :lol: What I am saying is not everyone who advertises cheap winter tyres can actually get them

PM me for more details

Kingo :thumbsup:

Has anyone had the same problem as me? And if you have had them fitted which tyre brand are they? Help!

Toyota has stock... but can be rather expensive... Winter-Tires AND Wheels.. I do not know what brand they have... nor the quality... but should be no problem.

You can get them cheaper... but here in Holland they are running out.. real fast... so be in time..

Further you will need some steel wheels...to put them on...

In Holland: € 765,00 .. oh yeah...

toyota_van_ekris_409_4b73427e334eadec9ad19946774e1003.png

So I recommend you to be somewhat hasty in this account... put them on .. now... :)

I have put mine on some weeks ago... it was the hottest day here.. beginning of October..

I have the winter-tires on the original chrome-like wheels.. and for the summer I have nice dark alloy wheels... :yawn:

Peter

I,ve just had fitted Bridgestone Blizzed winter tyres, they are 195/60/16 and were for my Urban cruiser. i did very well and got them for £121 per wheel including fitting and balancing. Like Parts-king says plenty advertise them but have they got them in stock?

Regards Clare

Toyota has stock... but can be rather expensive... Winter-Tires AND Wheels.. I do not know what brand they have... nor the quality... but should be no problem.

You can get them cheaper... but here in Holland they are running out.. real fast... so be in time..

Further you will need some steel wheels...to put them on...

In Holland:

toyota_van_ekris_409_4b73427e334eadec9ad19946774e1003.png

So I recommend you to be somewhat hasty in this account... put them on .. now... :)

I have put mine on some weeks ago... it was the hottest day here.. beginning of October..

I have the winter-tires on the original chrome-like wheels.. and for the summer I have nice dark alloy wheels... :yawn:

Peter

I have decided I am not going out until May

Ha ha ha ... fair enough.. ha ha ha .. and understandable... :yes:

Some high prices quoted above!

I've used www.mytyres.co.uk in the past. Delivered from Germany and fitted to your car locally.

Event Tyres in manchester are also excellent if you're near.

• 2 weeks later...

The Cold weather/Winter tyres in the correct sizes are getting a little slow in coming into the Fitters.

Good deal just now are 'Pirelli W190' @ ATS Euromaster.

A pretty good Snow/ice & wet roads tyre that is fine all year around for normal UK use

unless we get an unusual summer like 1976.

george

there was a good article about the importance of "cold weather tyres" in the Telegraph last Saturday, as follows

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/road-safety/8827759/Winter-tyre-advice-dont-get-caught-out.html

worth a read

cheers all barryc.

Don't think you'll find these Falken tyres any cheaper remember Mr T is quoting for these tyres for the iQ3

Hi David

Your details were passed on to me by Falken,

I understand you are looking for 4pcs 175/60r16

Winter tyres,

I can supply 4pcs 175/60r16 82H Falken Ohtsu HS 439 Winter Tyres @ £79.50+vat

each including delivery to you, they will take 7-10 days to order, if your interested

please give me a call

Regards

John Nye

Wheeltraders

01708 555107

www.wheeltraders.co.uk

As the darker nights are drawing in, and due to the noticable drop in temperature this week, I've been thinking about purchasing some Winter Tyres for my iQ3.

I've got a quote from my local Toyota in Cheltenham at £534.86 inc VAT and fitting. This seems a little expensive considering my tyres aren't exactly large or low profile.

I have tried calling round other local tyre stores, but no-one else seems to even be able to get the size tyre I need in winter versions, so it looks like my only option might be Mr T.

The tyre size on my car is 175/60/R16 (H rated). Even finding summer tyres limits me to just two choices at most tyre places.

I've not looked at any 'online' stores as I would ideally like to have them fitted to my current alloys rather than have steel wheels.

If you take a look at a website called... Lovetyres.com

You can get 4 Bridgestone B250Size: 175/60 R16 H (82) SZ for £348.88 and they are in stock. Ive just bought a set of Goodyear ultragrip 8 from Camskills and the arrived yesterday. Also a heads up on tracking... National tyres are doing it for half price tracking at £15 plus other offers on there site.

My stocks are still healthy, sold about 20 sets so far but can still get some stocks, certain models are now sold out

DO NOT wait if you are thinking of winter tyres, trust me, I have had customers galore telling me they have searched online and are unable to buy tyres, many will take your money off you and tell you they can order but a lot of the tyre warehouses are running out. We use one of the majors and they have very few left. If we have a few snow flakes, they will be off the shelf in hours

there was a good article about the importance of "cold weather tyres" in the Telegraph last Saturday, as follows

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/road-safety/8827759/Winter-tyre-advice-dont-get-caught-out.html

worth a read

cheers all barryc.

And of today's date there are 28 In Stock

I checked that tyre size/stock this morning and there were 32, so like I say, selling fast

They are selling that at about the same price as me

I kmow nothing about tyres.

The company who made my custom exhaust and suppliedy wheels , sent a flyer.

Have what they claim are all year round and winter tyres callef Sagitar P307. For £32 each fitted. I have no idea if thats good or if the tyre is rubbish

David

Have what they claim are all year round and winter tyres callef Sagitar P307. For £32 each fitted. I have no idea if thats good or if the tyre is rubbish

David

Wouldn't have thought that they'd be much cop for that money! But you never know :unsure:

Thanks George

So that clears that one up. Its a bit like buying christmas cards a wraping paper in June cos there is a sale on.

David

David

All year round AND winter tyre all in one eh?

Thats like saying your Aygo pulls 600 BHP and 150 MPG, it just can't happen :g:

I see many companies jumping on the bandwagon with marketing guff, how their tyres will do all year round, good for winter bla bla bla when in fact they will just be ordinary tyres with a marketing twist

David

I see many companies jumping on the bandwagon with marketing guff, how their tyres will do all year round, good for winter bla bla bla when in fact they will just be ordinary tyres with a marketing twist

Yeah... just buy them damn Winter-Tires.... (winter for winter and summer for summer...DUH!!!) :rolleyes:

Just Do It.... and NOW.... he he

Peter

Problem? You Jelly???

David

Yeah... just buy them damn Winter-Tires.... (winter for winter and summer for summer...DUH!!!) :rolleyes:

Just Do It.... and NOW.... he he

Peter

Problem? You Jelly???

I don't actually want any just commenting on flyers. Its always warm in London Lol

David

We had snow and ice quite badly here for the last two years, as most people did, and I found the IQ coped without any trouble, in fact I can hardly remember the wheels spinning much at any time, if at all. It felt very safe and predictable (on the standard tyres).

Probably due to the traction control and not too much torque available anyway.

We are used to these conditions here though, which helps.

The real problem was with other cars being abandoned by people who could not cope with the conditions and blocking the roads for everyone else, who would otherwise have been able to continue.

Lets hope it is not too bad this year.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links