Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo Go!

ChrisH85

Hi all,

New to the forum here just thought I'd say Hi,

I've just taken delivery (yesterday) of my Aygo Go! (61 Plate)

I've got it through work on a lease type of deal

Loving it so far.. went for the 5dr Carbon Quartz and its not quite as dark as I was thinking tho I do love it already! :)

Fav bits:

iPhone/iPod Charger

USB Connection

Sat Nav (already set my voice to Darth Vader! haha)

Tinted back windows (i look in rear view mirror and it feels like night time! lol)

Central Locking! (Old car didnt have it!)

Electic windows (again.. another new one for me)

I've got a couple of questions which some of you guys might be able to help with :)

I've connected my iphone(4s) to the sat nav which works fine, however when I enable Siri it uses the tomtom speaker rather than the car radio? it plays music from the phone through the car Speakers (when connected), not testing a phone call yet in it so might be same with that too i'll test that in a bit and let you know

Also, because I would rather have my phone nearby (not in the glove box) i'm planning on buying a USB stick to put music(mp3's) onto, this will work right? it doesnt have to be connected to the ipod connection it can just connect to the usb cable there yeah?

Last question (for now lol)

I've seen some bits on eBay that I like but didnt know if there was a better place to get certain things like.. scuff plates & glove box door

thanks guys :)

I am to poor to have an I phone! But for your question on the UBS, just stick your music on a flash drive, I have an 8GB and it will play once connected through the usb port, press the cd/aux button, and once the files have loaded, press the lower button on the tom tom to choose the track listings/album/ playlist etc.

ah ok thanks for letting me know, i just connected a USB portable HD into it (same as a usb stick just bigger) but that didnt work, tho I think its formatted to a diff filesystem so prolly why, but thats an easy fix for me :) just glad to know yours works :)

The iPod/iPhone docking makes the iDevice think there's a line-out available,

so it sends all audio to the dock instead of the headphone-jack or internal speaker.

For phonecalls you need to connect through BueTooth AFAIK.

The USB-HD might pull too much power (more than 500mA), it may use the wrong

filesystem (you probably need FAT16 is my guess) or there may be too many folders/files:

I've read that the TomTom needs to index ALL files before it starts playing...

And many of these systems don;t support more than 7 embeded folders...

Welcome and congrats on your choice - I have the same.

USB key - I've only got ones up to 4GB formatted with FAT32 to work - buy a cheap one and format it via a PC/Mac as FAT32 and drop your MP3s onto it. When you pop-it-up the scanning takes a while (only slow for the first time or unless you add stuff to the key).

When you press the CD button it either plays the first track (alphabetical order) if you have plugged in a new key or changed any contents, or starts from the last track played - from the start again.

Press the screen button and then you can select - albums, playlists (folders), artists etc. via the touch screen. Its inaccurate (or I have fat fingers) so do this whilst stopped.

Folders only play in alpha order, not track order which I find annoying TBH. I haven't tried albums yet as most of my folders are compilations.

Sometimes it doesn't see MP3 files encoded in any odd format but you can re-encode them using Foobar2000 on Windows - other encoding software packages are available :)

As for glove box etc. just check out the various places that sell them via eBay, or city bug store etc. Make sure you get the Aygo one - it's trimmed a little nicer than the others ;) and of course RHD. I recommend the rev counter if you haven't got one already.

Whats the Siri like on the 4S, any good?

Its not all they made out it was! lol

its still good but you cant say 'wheres the closest mcdonalds' or anything like that because it comes back and says: Sorry I can only search maps and businesses in the US.

which is really annoying! lol

hopefully this will come later as a patch but just a bit deceptive that they didnt tell you about that..

if you thinking of an upgrade from a 3gs to a 4s i'd say do it but if you have a 4, then theres not much point if i'm honest

thanks Arragonis,

I just bought an 8GB stick on eBay before i read that lol

its ok tho, I think it'll just be a FAT32 issue

You can only ever format upto 4GB to FAT32 using standard windows formatter

however I have some software that lets me format more than that so hopefully it'll read once all 8gb is formatted to fat32 (fingers crossed!)

another question, does the sat nav screen HAVE to be up to play music through the usb stick?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links